Romance Reads! How many do you want? How many do you have?

It really is! It is, in my opinion, one of the best sites for writers to build their craft and their readership. I never expected to get the readers or followers that I have now, but then again, I never anticipated that I would ever fall in love with writing as I have either! lol

I know what you mean. When I decided to start posting my writing I did have a look and see if there were any other sites similar that looked interesting, but there was nothing I found that was really of the same calibre…

My book has currently got 498 reads
I suppose I’d love to reach that 500 haha

Thank you :slight_smile: I guess that shows how much you can improve after only one story. I’m surprised of how addicted I’ve gotten to writing. I value getting one new reader on my latest story just as much as I do when I get 1K new ones on my first one (which happens at a much faster rate). 1 million in two years is amazing though!

Yes, truly. It is insane how much your writing evolves and improves even on a week to week basis. Sometimes I can write the beginning of a chapter on a Monday and come back to finish the chapter on a Friday and wonder what the hell I was thinking when I wrote some of the stuff I did lol

Yes, I’m very grateful for the 1 million. I just can’t help but think that the story would be much bigger and reached that goal a lot faster had I broken the rules and not marked it as mature lol But, no use is crying over that now lol

I have started writing my first story, “It’s Complicated” almost 15 days back. Until now, I have published 8 chapters which got 281 reads and 41 votes. I am grateful to every reader, as they motivate me to write more. I never thought people will read my book, so it’s a really big thing for me.

I have set a small goal, I want to cross 500 reads and 100 votes till the end of the month. Hopefully, I will be able to achieve this goal.

My book Breaking Eden is SOOOOOOOOOO close to hitting 40 thousand reads!. It would be great to see it hit 50 thousand or more.

You’re so close! Keep it up!

It’s so weird because on the phone app it already says 40 thousand but when I went on my laptop to make sure it’s at like 39,969 or something. haha

This is my first day stepping into the community. I’ve been on Wattpad for a couple of months now. My success here has been pretty minimal (just over 100 reads), but my goal is to have the kind of response I’ve gotten on FictionPress. One of my stories received over 10K reads in about a month when I first started posting. It’s so much more difficult to accomplish the same thing on this site. I’m still learning what works and what doesn’t. This site requires way more work on my part, which is good. One must work for what they want, right? :blush:

My least read book is 173 reads with 32 votes and my most read is 3.3k reads with 158 votes.

It looks like a lot of you have far more popular books! I’m really happy about every read I get but someday it’d be cool to hit 5k or 10k reads on one of the books. :slight_smile:

I agree. I’ve tried some other websites and gotten over 10k reads on my books. I guess it’s harder to find people on Wattpad since there’s just so much content! I’m sure you’ll gain some more popularity eventually though! :heart:

Thanks for the encouragement. It’s much appreciated.

Has anyone else noticed a dramatic drop in reads since we moved to these new clubs?

Hmmm well I’m still pre writing book, it is going through it’s editing phase and a while back 12 yr old me made some huge wattpad goals lol. For now the first one is to publish a quality romance, fanfic because there are not too many good urban fanfics out there. And the main goal is to one day reach 25k followers. :confused:

My short writings need to see the sun, lol :sunny:

Yes, Wattpad is definitely more of a part time job to those who want success from it! lol

How did you like posting on FictionPress?

Now that you mention it… kinda? More like the comments have been super lacking and the new readers haven’t been popping up as normally as they usually do on my books. I would say on average I gain 2-3k reads per 24 hours on my on book Behind Closed Curtains but these last few days has only been around 1k each day instead. And the comments have been seriously lacking.

On one hand, I’m very glad that some people have left Wattpad and it’s being decluttered, but on the other hand I think it’s more difficult for people to find our books now from the threads like they used to. I wonder if HQ is working on a way to make it so that you can click on a persons username in the threads and bring them right to their profile like it used to.

25 thousand followers? That’s quite the goal! lol I wish you all the best in reaching that goal!

Thnx. It’ll take some time but so far I’m at 205