Romance stories by LGBTQ+ writers

Hello!
As a part of the LGBTQ+ community, and considering it is pride month, I was hoping to support some of my fellow writers. It could be your own story or the story of another LGBTQ+ author.

At the moment my love for Romance has been overpowering the other genres hence I am looking for stories in this specific genre. But I am okay if it falls in other genres, as long as there is romance in the story. :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Form~
Title:
Author:
Summary/Story Blurb:
Warnings/Ratings:
Link:
Cover (optional):

If you are here to submit your story then please consider supporting someone else’s too :purple_heart:

19 Likes

I’m currently writing an LGBTQ Teen Romance set in India with POC characters. Love it if you could check it out! ( I’m also Indian and LGBTQ hehe❤)

Warnings: Has cussing. May deal with eating disorders and small drugs usage later.

5 Likes

Title: Love Like Magic
Author: Shadow_Hound2445
Summary: With one look into his blue eyes, Ryder had fallen in love. However, as he begins to adjust to his new school he quickly realizes that there is more to this mysterious sophomore than meets the eye.
Rating: Mature
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/229610153-love-like-magic
Cover:

2 Likes

Hey hello! I have some stories that might interest you!

Here’s my newest baby

cupid gw
gw ad 2

4 Likes

Here’s another that includes a thrilling chase!

sb ad

[created_image_1592517140797]

3 Likes

I would love to recommend another favourite author of mine here on Wattpad!

Title: Practice Perfect
Link: Practice Perfect!
Blurb: Arlo Augustine tries to set his sister up with the perfect guy. The only catch is that she’s doing the same.

Life gets a little confusing for Arlo when “Golden Spoon” Kensington Cole arrives at school. Taking into account his own less than popular social status, Arlo already has a lot on his plate. Six practice dates will be the deciding factor for Arlo’s and Kensington’s happy ending. Will it provide them the opportunity they need to reach their individual, less than secret goals?

Between helping his sister get the guy while missing all the signs that point to his own romance, Arlo gets to learn about the ins and outs of love and life.

1 Like

I think I fall into LGBT+ :rofl: not really sure, as I don’t really care, and I’m totally fine with not being heterosexual :rofl:

But does your Romance include friendship, bonding on “spiritual” level, and only fluffy stuff (blushing, realizing the fuzzy feeling in the stomach when you are with a certain person) but not going into fall in love phase (not until much later I suppose :rofl:) I’m not just a fan of the too strong romance genre.

But if that’s okay, I’m starting a slow-burn Teen-fic (out of my box).

1 Like

@booklored :’) you have presented me with 3 books! Thank you for all the recommendations! I am really looking forward to reading them :heart:

1 Like

Xavier, Nico and Arlo are all my babies :") I’m looking forward to your reaction and I hope you enjoy them! :heart:

1 Like

Ayy it’s okay that you are still figuring it out. I would love to read your book because it definitely falls into the category of books I am looking for. Romance is romance to me, regardless of how strong :heart:

1 Like

Ooooo :heart_eyes: well now I am more excited due to your hype. I have added them all to my list… Thank you again :heart:

2 Likes

Title: When Angels Fall
Author: @frostybwitch
Genre: Urban Fantasy/Romance/LGBT
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/226598066-when-angels-fall-gxg
Warning : Dark and mature themes

Blurb:
A misstep during an altercation with her brother, finds Sofiel plummeting down from the heavens - alongside her wayward brother. The road to recovery is a long and treacherous one. But in her time spent in the mortal realm, Sofiel has borne witness to the many atrocities of humanity. Gradually, she loses faith.

And an angel who has lost their faith has all but one fate - to succumb and fall.

Enter Abigail Hope. A blessed mortal who is more to her than meets the eye. It’s not everyday one stumbles upon a battered celestial in a seedy alleyway, much less take them home and nurse them back to health like some injured animal.

But for the first time in a long time, Sofiel dares allow herself to hope.

2 Likes

This is my story. It’s a slow burn though.

Title: Mending The Broken in Ashton
Genre: Romance/General fiction (LGBT)
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/229927475-mending-the-broken-in-ashton

Blurb: Mentally ill high school teacher Charlie Brooks tries not to let an unpleasant childhood define him. While trying to save his pupils from ending up like him, more nightmares rear their ugly head. His reputation doesn’t do him any favors, as he’s been branded too peculiar, too skinny and too strange to fit in. He fears he is destined to wither away among the crippling loneliness that follows him like a shadow, and that ultimately, he cannot be saved.

For those like him, it seems impossible to find hope in small, conservative Ashton. However, hope does arrive in the form of a fellow colleague named Oliver, who is patient, caring and kind with him. But before he can appreciate that hope, Charlie spirals down into severe mental illness. Charlie and Oliver’s paths are set to intertwine and become fraught with challenges that will tempt them to take the easy way out. In particular, the denial and stigma surrounding the love he feels for his friend crushes Charlie from the inside.

1 Like

It’s not like figuring out but more like I don’t care if I’m interested in sex or love (and since love has a thousand faces and forms, it’s not like I don’t know how to love, just that one form of love doesn’t interest me) :smiley:

And thank you :slight_smile: :heart:

Golden Pear

Genre: Teen-fiction, reverse harem, young adult, slow burn

Rating: PG13+ (some very light cursing)

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

2 Likes

Although it’s temporarily on hold, I’ve got one:

Title/Link/Cover:

Anyone But Her, New Adult Romance

photo-1548925381-2a3a1e6de301 (1) copy 2

Summary:

Wren Castile and Kenna Gold hated each other in high school. Now mature-ish adults, they still hate each other. The problem? They’re engaged. A year away from marriage, according to two of the most powerful people in the world–their parents.

Warnings/Ratings: It’s not currently marked Mature and I doubt I’ll change that for this version, but the adult in “new adult” could be considered strong.

1 Like

I can’t copy all of that on my phone but I’m hoping @DavidEAnderson100 will swoop in and pitch his stuff :wink: His novel, Bright Midnight (marked mature), was recently featured as a Hidden Gem and The Art of Breathing Underwater (young adult) is a heartwarming, at times tearjerking, coming-out story based on his own experiences.

As for trigger warnings - the stories are a bit dark, they contain drug use and references to mental illness.

2 Likes

Are you all right with fantasy romance and some mature scenes? Because I have a lesbian fantasy/romance novella based on Greek mythology that you may find fits the bill. If you choose to read I hope you enjoy it! :heart: Btw I’m queer and non-binary so I basically specialize in LGBTQ+ fiction lol.

Author: @aerys_the_mad (me)
Title: Arakhne of the Floating Mountain
Genre: Fantasy/Romance/Greek mythology/LGBTQ+
Chapters: 12 (~26k words)
Synopsis: Arakhne wants to be left alone in her floating palace and make dresses but most importantly, hide from Athena, whom she humiliated all those years ago. The daughters of God, triplets Soledad, Luna, and Estelle, need gowns for their coronation as the Queens of Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory - and Arakhne is the only one who can take on the task. The four of them come to a mutually beneficial agreement - but none of them are too happy about it.
Cover:
Link: Read here!

1 Like

Controversial story about forbidden love. Boys love.

We want to show you something new but… is it even possible? Isn’t it like everything has already been written and read? Almost every book is about love and betrayal so how this one could be different? We can assure you that it is. Try to check us out. This story will leave you breathless, surprised and waiting for more.

Title: Missunderstanding
Author: Vera Schneider & Bevin Smith
Summary:

In the male talent agency many strict rules have to be obeyed. Some of them are hard to follow. No relationships. No sexual activities. Not even self-stimulation. But… things happen. Emotions. Passion. Lust. Fetish. SECRETS.

Warnings/Ratings: Mature.
Link:

giphy

2 Likes

Nice project, I hope you’ll find what you want/need in this thread! :smiley:
Here is my story, slow burn, soft NA M/M romance:

Blurb:

Ethan was at the coffee shop’s counter when the man walked in.
Mr. Tall Long drink of water, I-know-I’m-irresistible with my smirk and my bedroom eyes.
But Ethan is not the kind of guy who’s going to faint at the first dazzling smile directed his way.
He likes to play it cool.
Unfortunately for him, all his plans fall apart when Aden makes him an offer he can’t - won’t - refuse. And Ethan will get more what he ever hoped to reap as he accepts the deal…

Link

1 Like

Main Genre: Dark Fantasy (esp. Dreampunk, Magical Girl, Vampire).
Sub Genres: Action, Thriller, LGBT.
Rating: Mature.

Promises are meant to be kept, but a promise to save a beloved sister leads a group of high school magical girls into a dream of many literary landscapes. Out of this dream of Carroll’s wonderlands and Poe’s nightmares comes a monster that threatens to invade the waking world. Their promise forms the opening act of a play they can’t stop, so to prevent this monster’s debut into their world, they must play their parts to the end at all hazards to their lives. If you love quirky magical girls, bloodthirsty femme fatales, fight scenes, love scenes, twisty plot lines, fantastic settings, the possibility of dreams, and the uncertainty of nightmares, this story is for you.

URL: https://www.wattpad.com/story/114399550-days-of-blood-and-roses

1 Like