Screenwriting clubs?

Hey. I’ve recently switched from writing novels to writing screenplays – and enjoy it quite a bit. But I don’t know any other screenwriters.
Are there any screenwriting clubs on wattpad (like book clubs)? And if no, would anyone like to start one with me? :slight_smile:
I could really use someone else’s eyes on my work. And I’m hoping I’m not the only one.

Hey! Good for you with the whole switching to screenwriting thing…
how that working out for you?

Hey. I’m very happy with it. I feel like it’s more my style.
HAve you tried screenwriting?

Wow! That was fast:joy:! But yeah, tried it once, never really got around to finishing it though…
Makes me feel kinda bad about it now tbh

What made you stop?

i didn’t have the courage to finish it. Especially since i couldn’t (wouldn’t) show it to anyone. I’m a little scared of criticism. Guess that makes me a shitty writer…

I’m sorry to hear that… But I don’t think that makes you a bad writer :smiley: Good writers come in all sorts of mental shapes :slight_smile: You’ll find a way to get over your fear of criticism. – How far did you get? Only a couple of scenes or almost finished?

Honestly? I planned it out first to have 4 acts (with approx. 9 scenes each) and i stopped writing after the first 4 or 5 scenes…

Well, you got to give your story more of a shot :stuck_out_tongue: – Not fair to only write the beginning, which is usually the least exciting part :slight_smile:

:joy::joy::joy:

On a serious note though, thanks for the advice:smiley:

:stuck_out_tongue: you’re welcome!

Hello Bailey!

Hello and Welcome to the screenwriting gang. I’m glad you’re enjoying it!

Here’s a group chat with all of the other screenwriters

hi?

If there’s anyone out there who would like to join a screenwriting group, let me know :slight_smile:

How are you doing?

I’ve tried writing screenplays before, but I’ve never had enough support or people to tell me where I’m going right or where I’m going wrong. I know the format and how to do it, but if you ever thing about starting a group, you’ll have a member in me for sure

The group already exists :slight_smile: I’ll PM you an invite.
Nice to meet you.