Secrets to story success on Wattpad

That was great. Thank you for letting me get that out lol. Now, I can work on my chapter. Haha.

yes, I meant to be writing too. All the best with your chapter! nice chatting:-)

I will say that after I mark a book ‘complete’ my reader count spikes up for a while. I think there are a lot of people out there who just don’t want to deal with cliffhanger chapters and unfinished stories (particularly from authors with no ‘completed’ stories because it’s hard tot ell when someone is the type to finish the book or give up on it)

I’m thankful for the readers I got (slowly, oh so slowly) as I created my first book, but yeah, I think a real spike in readers happens after you finish a story.

I update every three days or so, I’m active on Wattpad, in the groups and clubs, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and I’m still struggling to have my book found by readers on wattpad. I’ve even won competitions but still my books seems hidden beneath hundreds of other stories

Does your book has a half nude male model on the cover?
Is it about werewolves that just love to bite a teen and say “MINE”
Is it about rouges?
Are there any super rich vampire kings who need a toy to play with. But really someone that can heal them.

…No?

I am so sorry.

No to all…I should give up then

Of course you can get some readers, never the 100k readers, but some readers and those might like the book. And then you might end up editing it and putting it on Amazon. It is possible.

It is just that this website has a specific target audience.

In addition to all these great tips here, I would like to note something that all writers should have: a mentality that is important to remember.

I would like to quote @KatherineArlene in one of her books (I think) where she mentioned this, as it seems like (or I don’t think) anyone has mentioned this yet.

I took some time to re-read one of my favourite guide-type books from her, which you should definitely read. Click here to read How To Get Reads, Votes and Comments - A Guide. Below I have quoted an important excerpt in Chapter 1, where she mentions about the difference between reads and readers.

She also notes that although at first, you’re trying to get more reads, just comments of ‘Loved it!’ or ‘Great start!’, continue to write: readers will come by, and those readers are what will motivate you. The people who read to await the next chapter, who wonder about what happens next.

Best of luck - and do check out @KatherineArlene’s book - there are plenty of tips on how that has helped me become a better writer.