Seeking Spotlight Authors for Upcoming TK Issues

Greetings from @Ooorah, the home of Tevun-Krus, Wattpad’s #1 and longest-running WattZine, which just so happens to centre around all things science fiction. At the time of writing this, we’ve just finished releasing our 71st issue, Spy-Fi.

Something we’ve been doing since the beginning is what we call the Author Spotlight. It’s basically a Q&A with a Wattpad author from the sci-fi community, just to shine a light on what they’re doing, to maybe help get them a larger fan base. We’re always looking for more Spotlight Authors, so if you’d like your interview to be featured in a future issue of ours, just fill out this Google Form and we’ll take it from there:

Ooorah! See you in the next issue!

7 Likes

Can I share this form on my profile so that we can reach more people, Mike? And I suggest you share this post on the Ooorah so that all the followers are informed and aware of the same :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm…well, I’m bored.

1 Like

Done!

1 Like

Bump! Always room for more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Give this a bump. Not much interest yet. No sci-fi writers on Wattpad who want free promotion?

1 Like

I’ll give it a gump!

2 Likes

Bump up the gump

Bump up the gump

1 Like

Lol, we’ve probably already interviewed all the best ones… haha

1 Like

How about @kataraqui ? His story won a sci-fi Watty this year.

2 Likes

Even the newest sci-fi Wattys winner @jhobbes627 is good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have dropped a link to a friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

@elveloy do you know what happened to angus?

1 Like

I’m not speaking for Vera, but I suspect Dan has dived into the Stephenverse all the while battling with the Zombies, spilling some gooey, yucky blood. We must not forget he is trigger happy with his targets, always keeping his minion elephants on the loose to ambush those puny z-lords.

It turns out he has me blocked. Me and him don’t talk anymore, so I don’t know when he actually did it. I was more than a bit butthurt over the impending demise of the Mothership. As the announcement had actually happened at almost the exact same time as death of my beloved girlfriend of fifteen plus years…meltdown is probably a far to charitable term to use to describe what I was going through at that time. And unfortunately I had lashed out at him in blind rage.

My skills for stitching word is fairly well known…in small circles.

Unfortunately I had said goodbye to my beloved sillygirl for the last time and walked to the waiting room to face her brother and her 90+ year old father who had fought with the 82 in ww2.

At some point I had reached out to my fellow crew mates on-board my beloved Mothership Ooorah for support. And there, as I stared down through the puddles of tears pooling in my glasses, was the post that was the death knell of the rest of my fragile universe.

Behind that came news of the sudden loss of three young members of my tribe. And google docs had decided to stop supporting my device that I use to write. And an uncle passed on.

All this hit me in the same couple hours. On the single worst day of my life.

To put it bluntly, I pretty much lost it. And the contents of my private messages to him at that time most likely contained some fairly unforgivable statements.

I won’t say sorry when I know it won’t do. He has adequate reason not to talk to me. I accept that.

I don’t feel his block impedes his duties in anyway. And the situation should be left alone until such time as he feel like changing it.

2 Likes

I’m sorry that you had to go through this all alone :hugs: Real life can be very cruel at times. It’s times like these that make us dip into whatever reserves we have. We struggle with ourselves and we fail. Miserably… It’s the getting back up on our feet that counts the most. With nothing left for us. it’s so hard to stand. There’s nothing in us…
I’d like to share a poem that always inspires me:

If—

BY RUDYARD KIPLING

(‘Brother Square-Toes’—Rewards and Fairies)

If you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,

Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,

And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;

If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,

And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

Sometimes we are a victim of circumstances beyond our control. There are emotions very difficult to categorize, to be able put into words… And we donot know what we are saying at that time, to be honest. It’s a time when we are stretched thin and we don’t know what to do or where to go… We turn to the one we trust and our words get lost in our pain. We lash out in rage, hoping they would understand the pain behind the anger.

Everyone makes mistakes. It’s the way we move on from them that counts… I’ve learned the hard way that sorries don’t work in these cases. Especially when it’s someone we have loved, who has loved us back. When we hurt the one who has always stood by us, had faith in us, trusted us, fought for us, it takes more than a sorry to win them back. It takes changed behavior over the years to acknowledge that what happened was wrong–a real mistake.

Dan is nice, really really nice. He has a soft heart and cares deeply for friends like you… Friendships like yours don’t fade away… He has been hurt but he’s mature enough to realise that somethings were said in anger. In time, he’ll come around to you :slight_smile:

1 Like