Send me your urban fantasy stories!

I’m looking for some new stuff to read. I can’t promise I’ll read everything posted here, but I’ll definitely read everyone’s synopsis of their story!

2 Likes

Heya ^-^ Is non-urban fantasy okay too, or do you want that specifically?

I’m not averse to general fantasy at all. You’re welcome to drop your synopsis in, I’ll read it regardless! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, awesome <3 Thank you for the opportunity.

BD

Blaze in the Darkness

High Fantasy

The death of the Beast Collector was the beginning of a new life for firefox kit Zanixa.

Sold to a werewolves as an illusion in a bottle, the pack is reluctant to take responsibility for the fox kit who is alone in the world. Now she’s freed after centuries of imprisonment, the pack’s resident vampire takes care of her.

Zanixa has other ideas than staying with them, though. She is eager to find her mother… if her mother is still alive. The world is a big, dangerous place for a young magical fox who knows nothing about werewolf wars, hungry rogues, or nature spirits.

Here’s the link :slight_smile:

I have a high fantasy that you may like

In the mystic land of Ilerea, filled with creatures of legend, Athena Wolfborn lived her life doing what an assassin ought to do; kill.

Stories of the Forefront Alliance and its defeat were always whispered to children, to remind them of what would happen if they ever defied the King.

Athena intends to stick to the rules and live life doing what she does best, with her family. But when her brother is kidnapped and Ryder, her Alliant, walks into her life, she is thrown into the world that she believed to be just a story.

Joining the infamous Forefront Alliance will be the least of her worries as she fights to contain her feral side and to keep her secrets buried where they should be, in her past.

Will she be able to handle all the expectations thrown at her, and fight for what is right?

Or will she join the King and succumb into being a puppet of war?

Link
https://www.wattpad.com/story/157351254-athena-wolfborn

Hi! You might like much story ^^! I’m not sure if it counts as urban, as it goes back and forth between contemporary Japan and a high fantasy world with varying technology.

Title: The Wings of Storm
Genre: Portal fantasy adventure
Blurb:
Tahro Akagi shouldn’t live in two worlds at once.

Yet forced to spend his days studying by a no-nonsense mother, he longs for adventure. At a moment of desperation, Tahro finds himself in Saishuu Riku, the lands of his favourite book. Engrossed in this world more than he ever thought possible, Tahro saves a character’s life.

But if a butterfly’s wings can bring thunderstorms, then his every breath is another flap as it flies, his every heartbeat a danger to those around him.

Unwittingly, he becomes entangled in a web of conspiracies between ministers, a murderous witch and a kidnapper with butterfly-patterned knives. Tahro learns he’s changed the plot too much. Events that should happen don’t and his new friends are caught in a crossfire he wants no part in.

And when his friend is kidnapped, saving her could put everyone else in danger. Yet Tahro can’t stand by and watch.

Link:
https://www.wattpad.com/story/174132370-the-wings-of-storm

@CatC171 Would you be opposed to something from a different genre with lots of fantasy elements?

More suburban than Urban to be honest…

It’s about a school for super powered teenagers.
Yeah, yeah, I know.
What? Don’t roll your eyes at me.

Trying again. I suck at internets.

Nope. Still not right. :tired_face:
It’s called Olympus Academy, anyway.

Sure! I’ll read any synopsis posted here. I’m specifically looking for urban fantasy but if a synopsis grabs my attention it’s fair game!

Would you mind if the story has queer characters and relationships?

1 Like

Not at all!

1 Like

Cool! If that’s the case, I’ll suggest my own urban fantasy.

Title: Memento Mori
Link:https://www.wattpad.com/story/150642358-memento-mori
Summary:
In an alternate universe, beloved objects gain the ability to take on human forms and sentience after a certain period of time. These once-inanimate belongings - known as Anima - now work in Mnemonic Departments under benevolent sorcerers called Magisters, helping newly-departed mortal souls pass on to the afterlife in peace.

However, a recent spate of terror attacks in the world of the living has been severely undermining the Departments’ operations. A mysterious and malevolent group of Anima are harvesting memories from human beings, draining them into empty husks intent only on creating havoc wherever they go.

Amid this rising calamity, Taiga, a watch Anima, arrives in the Japanese Department with no recollection of his past life or who his former master was. He is unwittingly taken under the wing of a senior violin Anima, Veo Lynn, and soon decides to uncover his past even if it means putting himself at certain risk - for a ruthless assassin is on his tail, and he seems determined to put an end to Taiga and his Department once and for all…

Thanks for your time! :smile:

@CatC171 Here’s mine. It has fantasy elements. Work in progress still, but there’s a lot of it posted right now.

Title: Blood of Darkness
Genre: Romance

Summary: Inspired by Hades and Persephone

“Sometimes death isn’t the end. Sometimes people come back.”

~*~

Selena Silvers is an ordinary girl who loves to paint. She goes to school and works at a bookshop in Blackfell. Pretty ordinary. Except for two tiny details. One, she has an extraordinary ability to feel the emotions of those around her. Two, almost every night when she closes her eyes, she sees a gorgeous man with hair as black as night and eyes as gray as the sea after a storm. The problem is that she has no idea who he is or even if he’s real. Will she ever find out? And what other secrets are hiding in the darkness of the night?

~*~

Damien Drake is the eldest of the six Drake siblings and is forced to take the throne after his Father is murdered. Oh and the fun part? He’s a vampire surrounded by all the darkness that comes with being one. Dealing with loss has never been Damien’s strong suit and he’s gotten to a point where he forces himself to bury all of his emotions deep down and builds his walls up so high. Will his siblings or anyone else be able to reach him? And will he ever defeat the person responsible for his Father’s death?

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/191987540-blood-of-darkness

Rated mature due to possible graphic content (it’s due to some violent scenes, I don’t think they’re that graphic, but I’d rather be safe than sorry) (I also have possible rape, abuse, and self-harm scenes, so mature rating is due to this also and trigger warnings are in effect as well) (those chapters aren’t even posted yet though)

Hi! Check out my story called The Search For Peace

search%20for%20peace

In a world full of bloodshed and hatred, only a few kindred souls sought out a way to change it for the better, a way to bring peace. But did they succeed?

Harmony Leo, a high school student with extraordinary powers, has always tried to lead a regular life among the elemental zodiac Clans harboring her world’s magic.

Those twelve Clans made up The People of Peace, an unfortunate group of people that failed to live up to that name. The Capricorn Clan: The Clan of Thunder and Lightning, was rebelling, and pulling others into their rebellion…others like Harmony and her friends.

As their fates tangle in the mess of their Clans, in ways they never even imagined, will Harmony and her friends be able to save not only themselves but the world they live in, as well?

https://www.wattpad.com/702218412-the-search-for-peace-prologue

My story is more of a self-growth fantasy romance lol

https://www.wattpad.com/story/96281154-beyond-the-deep-water

Enjoy a mystical Romance with a touch of Fantasy and Fiction!

CLOSE YOUR EYES AND IMAGINE THIS WORLD.

Gods are created by a mighty force, a force to balance the universe, every galaxy, world, and life.

“You are not here to die.” The God clarifies with exasperation while he sees through the girl’s eyes, to read her mind and see every painful memory she keeps to herself and feel the profound pain she carries in her soul. A pain that makes Axl, the powerful God of the Water Region unable to retain his desire to help Camille. Help her heal from a traumatic life.

Camille is a beautiful girl full of sorrow and scars caused by someone she was supposed to trust her whole life. Just when she lost her hope of finding a better life. She opened a door to a new world. A world that takes her to stand face to face with a God. But why is she here? Why in a sacred world where no human can walk? Why does she hear voices calling out her name? What can she expect from an enchanting man, that looks so heartless but sincere at the same time?

“Welcome to the Gods World, my lady.” The angels greet her in unison.

I got an urban fantasy I hope you’ll enjoy!

Dz634ZA

Blurb: Gemma has spent the majority of her life feeling like an outcast, struggling to hide her powers in a mortal world. Suddenly, in a whirlwind of violence that leaves her heartbroken, she is recruited to Mangiatrovi University for the Gifted. Under the dual mentorship of the crown prince and a gifted fighter with intimacy issues, she somehow manages to earn their loyalty. Tensions are rising in the government as the country is on the brink of both civil war and war with the bordering state. Gemma struggles to navigate a new world, searching for normalcy amongst friendships, romance, and politics.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/175176204-the-fall-of-mangiatorvi

Psychological supernormal noir with a focus on more taboo subjects, religious facets and mysticism, merged with a few new approaches to some fantasy tropes.

TToL may also intrigue as that touches in some of it’s vignettes.

Basically just check out everything I do :wink:

Any time spent and feedback given is appreciated <3

Hey! Check out The Changeling’s Fortune if you are interested. :blush: The genre is YA Urban Fantasy.

cover%20copy
In Neo-London, fairy tales are real. The kind with monsters, magic, and dark family secrets.

When her destructive magic is unlocked, 17-year-old orphan Deirdre discovers she’s a faery. But it is dangerous to be a faery in a country where humans and Fae are caught in decades-long cold war, and Deirdre soon catches the attention of Alan Callaghan, an extreme anti-faery general.

His sons, Iain and James, cross paths with Deirdre. Iain is a rookie soldier in the Iron Guard trying to atone for past mistakes and keep his family together. James is a fourteen-year-old aspiring scholar fascinated by faeries and eager to leave his life in the city behind.

As Alan conspires to control the city, Deirdre and James plot to leave, seeking answers about her magic and James’s disappeared mother. However, when Deirdre is framed for a treasonous crime, their quest for answers becomes a desperate quest for freedom.