Sensitivity - Ethnic /Cultural

Special2

Before posting, please read the sm%20Guidelines%20orange%20on%20white

This thread is for those who are willing to answer questions and do reads to help other users tell their story with accurate representation of the many diverse ethnic groups and cultures around the globe, whether it’s food, clothing, special events or everyday life. Give someone the inside information that people outside the group don’t know so their ethnic character lives and breathes.

9 Likes

Black girl here. Definitely willing to help with this.

Just to give more context: I’m African American, born and raised in southern states. I live in Miami, which is predominantly Hispanic.

4 Likes

I’m Nigerian which is located on the west side of Africa but Go to school in Boston

2 Likes

I’m a middle-eastern, ex-Muslim girl and I’m happy to help :3

3 Likes

What an intriguing thread! I’d be happy to give insider information.
I’m biracial (born in Hongkong to a Taiwanese mother).

I guess I’d be able to give feedback on Taiwanese culture (from the perspective of being half and not looking like everyone else in a culturally homogeneous country). :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m Dutch, Indonesian dad, living in Switzerland.

I’m able to give feedback on Dutch and Swiss culture, and how it is to live in Switzerland. How there are different approaches to cultural and ethnic differences here etc.

1 Like

I’m from Botswana which is located in Southern Africa. Both of my parents are Batswana…hence I am a Motswana.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spider-Hawk thread

Hello!

I’m actually multiracial - African American, Chinese, and Thai. I can help anyone that may like to know more about Thailand. Shoot me a PM on the main site if you have questions, but please let me know who you are and your reason for messaging :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Heya!

Just your average West-European white girl. I come from a middle-class family (edging on the poverty line, closer every year). If you need to know anything about what it’s like to live in the Dutch countryside, hit me up, although I know nothing of the alcohol/drugs/party side.

2 Likes

I’m African who has lived in Kenya which is in East Africa all her life.

1 Like

Indian Muslim here, I can help you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Chinese French Canadian girl here! Always happy to help! I’ve been to China, studied in Quebec, lived in Alberta, visited British Columbia, and have an array of friends with experiences like mine, so don’t be scared to PM if you have any questions!

4 Likes

What’s fresh – it’s your boy Jeremy. You got any questions about the whites, you lemme know. I’m the whitest boy around. 24 years old, lower middle class economically and have waited tables for the last five and a half years of my life so I can buy food. Message me here or PM if you need help on anything!

1 Like

Going to put Jewish here as well. For many its more about culture than religion. Happy to answer questions if you have em. Specifically, I am Ashkenazi ( which means my family is from eastern europe) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m a daughter of Haitian immigrants so I have a grasp on the working poor WOC immigrant experience.

I also have an extensive network of experts in antiracist concepts and strategies. If anyone wants information about the history of racism and race in America, as well as the development of their definitions over time, I can assist you with that.

If anybody needs Indian/ hindu/ bengali perspectives. I’m here to help.

1 Like

Middle Eastern here happy to help with any questions regarding living in the middle east

1 Like