Share A Chapter That You Think Would BLOW MY MIND!

Hi guys :grinning:

Uhm. I’m a very very VERY busy person both irl and on Wattpad lately. The thing is, I am a very picky reader too. I read a lot of works (maybe not that many) but only to abandon them or read them on an extremely slow pace after a few chapters because it wasn’t exciting or captivating enough for me.

But I always vote and comment on everything that I end up reading. Have no fear, I always comment nice things :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I miss the fun of reading that mind-blowing chapter that pulls me deep into the plot and the action. I miss reading a story that I really like.

I MISS THAT EXCITING REAL CLIMAX OF A STORY.

So, I am asking you guys to PLEASE provide me with the following:

1. Summary: Share a summary of your story up until that exciting chapter that you feel will make a picky reader like me captivated.
  2. Chapter: Share a link to your thrilling chapter and tell me the number of that chapter.
  3. Genre: Mention the genre of your story.
  4. Spoiler: Write a spoiler (please blurr it) of what makes this chapter so exciting to read.
  5. Optional - Cover & Blurb: You can share the cover and blurb of your story because why the hell not ;3

But please consider the following rules too:

1. The genres I’m looking for are: Thriller, Horror, Paranormal, Action, Adventure, and low sci-fi.
  2. I mostly don’t like reading Romance, Teen Drama, pure Dramas in general, Crimes & detective stories, and Fantasy.
  3. The summary and the spoiler should not exceed 5 lines if you’re using the web version of the threads, or 9 lines if you’re using your phone.

I will personally pick the chapters that I feel like I really want to read.

• Once I pick some, I will add it to a list at the bottom of this post [●]
  • If I end up reading a chapter, I will vote & comment on it and I’ll add this emoji next to it on the list [:heavy_check_mark:]
  • If I really loved that chapter, I’ll add this emoji next to it on the list [:star:] and I might end up reading the first few chapters of that story while commenting and voting too.
  • If I really loved the story, I will add it to my library and one of my reading lists so I can continue reading it and I’ll add this emoji next to it on the list [:heart:]

THE LIST:

Hello! Is low portal fantasy alright? There isn’t much magic for the most part, the exact mechanisms of how the MC leaves to the other world can be regarded with a philosophical lens, and the alternative world itself is more about swordsmen, action and adventure. But there are some fantasy elements to it, hence the tag XD.

No, sorry. I don’t like reading fantasy.

No problem :slight_smile:!

You’d have to read all my works - even the uncreated ones - to get ‘mind blown’, and this would obviously impossible, so here’s one very short piece instead. Genre: Horror - Short / Weird.

Unknown

Pass. I’m not gonna click on something that I have no idea about. Even if it’s a short.

Of course.

Thanks! I don’t know if it’s a genre you’ll like it’s a ya contemporary. I would say it’s not thrilling yet but it’s definitely different.

author: @besmabesma3

*book title:*Therapy sessions of an almost functioning human

genre: YA- humor

link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/173039606-therapy-sessions-of-an-almost-functioning-human

SUMMARY In which this girl tries to make her way through life while trying not to take the absurdity of existence too seriously.

"-I had a horribly busy day converting oxygen into carbon dioxide.

-Fair enough."

Here’s a little quote

I waved at her and made my way down the stairs and through the glass door of the building. I closed it, feeling the cold handle on my fingers and the crispy winter air engulf me in a warm embrace.
What a lovely day not to commit suicide, I thought to myself before heading to my house
PNG

Thanks, بسمة, for sharing that, but it’s not one of the genres that I like to read ^-^

My work doesn’t fall within your tastes, but I was wonderingly if you’re open to suggestions for stories that are not my own? Like recommmendations.

Sure! Thank you :blush:

hi! I have one chapter that I’ve always been pretty proud of, if you’re interested :slightly_smiling_face:
summary:(this is a pretty simplified version) Jeen and her brother Roman are searching for their missing mother when they’re kidnapped by a dangerous group, who may or may not have to do with their mother’s disappearance. In an attempt to escape Jeen gets hurt and their plan fails, ending in disaster.
chapter: 8, here’s the link: https://www.wattpad.com/600225929-the-roman-project-the-wronged-chapter-8
genre: mystery/thriller/low-sci-fi
spoiler: they’re being held captive in the sewer/water system of the city, so my favorite part of this chapter is probably where Jeen almost drowns. And originally i wrote it so someone was drowning her, but that didn’t make sense for the plot, so i changed it to her being stuck under water. But anyway, this entire chapter is just suspense and her drowning is just part of it

cover: image

story blurb: Jeen and her brother, Roman, are being hunted. What started as a journey to find their mother became a fight for survival against a radical group that’s kidnapped them. A peculiar stranger helps them escape, causing more questions than answers.
Who were they? Did they know their mother?

They’re on the run, and danger is not the only thing that follows them. Whispers of a project named after Roman becomes known, scaring Jeen and making her question everything she once knew. Just how much has their mother hidden from them and can they save her before it’s too late? Or will the secrets of the past overwhelm them?

Sounds interesting enough :grinning::+1:

Bump!

thanks for reading :heart:

No problem. Thanks for sharing it :grinning::heart:

Bump.

Hello! I believe I might be able to offer something you might like, but I don’t know, I’m nervous. xD However it isn’t finished yet! (6 Chapters of 18 out. It’s a Novella if that helps.) I do have the first draft finished offline but I am posting as I am editing. I didn’t see completed stories only as part of your preferences, but if it is, I understand! Sorry if I don’t explain it well, as I have a hard time explaining my own stories…

1. Summary: Sierra is a runner, a courier of illegal goods, who is chased by a police android through a labyrinth of underground tunnels. First two chapters jump quickly into action, but the third I think best captures the underground labyrinth and suspense of the chase scene. I’ll be honest, I can offer action with this chapter, but the crux of “plot” is more in Chapter 6? Which you could also check out.
  2. Chapter: https://www.wattpad.com/686892449-sierra-chapter-3
    https://www.wattpad.com/692560211-sierra-chapter-6/
  3. Genre: Light Sci-fi/Cyberpunk
  4. Spoiler: Sierra attempts to lose the android by escaping down an abandoned elevator shaft, ends up trapped inside, with the gun-wielding policebot on its way down. Perhaps more quickly than she expected…
  5. Optional - Cover & Blurb:

An illegal package delivery. A police android. An underground labyrinth.

In the year 2179, in the city of Anima, Sierra is a runner, a courier of illegal goods. Chased by one of the cities infamous police androids, Sierra attempts to lose it in the labyrinth of tunnels underneath the city. Now trapped beneath the city together and with other underground denizens, they must rely on each other to survive.

I want to read fantasy :slight_smile:

Hmmm. I’m trying to decide if my story would be your genre. I suppose dream magic counts as fantasy, right?