Share a story

I followed the directions to format on ProWritingAid and was ready to copy into Wattpad.
But when I click on Share a Story/Short Stories, the only option is to read stories. No option to post or publish a story.

You make a new post on that thread (same as you would to reply to any other thread) then copy/paste your blurb, cover, and link (either the one that comes up on the same page as the blurb or the first chapter) into the reply and post it.

Edit: Just realised this was from before you replied to my post on how to publish a chapter but you still might find this useful.

1 Like

OK, Liger, I will keep this in mind. I don’t plan on having a blurb, cover or link for my stories. (Where would one get them?)
“You make a new post on that thread”. You mean “Share a Story” thread after I publish?
I will just rely on the text if I can figure out how to Publish it.
I appreciate your assistance. Wattpad is a friendly place.

1 Like

You write blurb, no one will click on a story if they don’t know what it’s about. Well, I mean, some might, but not a lot.
You can find people who will make you a cover in Multimedia Designs.
Links are the web address that every internet page has.

Yes, the Share a Story thread after you publish.

If you have any other questions about things on the site, feel free to ask me.

You aren’t allowed to direct people to your book in the general area, but if you are looking for assistance, you can do so in the ‘story services’ section.

My most basic question is how to Publish the story (in Draft status) or even how to view it as reader. Neither of those has been functional for me during the time I have been on Wattpad.

Hi Liger:
I finally was able to publish the story. But in the Share a Story thread, I don’t see where one can “make a new post on that thread”.
Thanks

It’s the reply button, just like you make a post on this thread to reply to me.

2 Likes

Thank you, Liger.

Hello there, :wave:

Directing people to your story is considered advertising even if no links are provided, and is only allowed in the Share Your Story club which is the first section when you are on the homepage of the forums. Please read the guidelines for posting in the clubs here.

I will go ahead and remove your post. Thanks for understanding,

Darla • Community Ambassador :darlacassic:

Hi Darla:
I am not sure which post you are referring to? I got directions from several people in Cafe on how to post in Sharing a story, but it seems that every post violates some rule or other. Take a look at my questions and answers in Cafe on the topic. It seems impossible to Share a Story without violating some rule or other. What a waste!

Look at Liger’s response:
Hi Liger:
I finally was able to publish the story. But in the Share a Story thread, I don’t see where one can “make a new post on that thread”.
Thanks

1 Reply

LigerCatWitness to Oblivion

Alcaeus6

4d

It’s the reply button, just like you make a post on this thread to reply to me

Hello,

I know that @oliviarose85 and @LigerCat redirected you to the proper thread. If you want to share you story, you are welcome to do so in the #share-your-story section once a week, in whatever thread you see fit.

1 Like

That is not my post. I don’t know why you even mentioned it to me. I have no idea who is “pweetymi_3”.
My name is Alcaeus6" and have nothting to do with pweetymi_3, whatever that is.

Oh, wait, sorry, I got confused. Which one is the post I removed from you?

I thought this was about the post I removed from this thread yesterday. Where did you post the one you are referring to?

For the second time. I have nothing to do with pweetymi_3, whatever that is.
Please do not confuse me with another poster. I have followed directions from two Ambassadors on how to Share a Story and both were removed, first for including a link and in your case, for not including a link. So it is impossible to share a story.
Let’s drop the whole think and I won’t share my story.

Okay, so I see where the confusion comes from. I didn’t send you a message nor did I remove any post from you. You didn’t share your story without a link from my perspective. I send a message in your thread, but it wasn’t addressed to you, but to another user.

As it happens, Pweetymi posted a message inviting people to read their stories, and it is the one I removed and got a blue message. Not one of yours.

I’m sorry for the confusion, and I hope things are now a little clearer :slight_smile:

1 Like