I’m going to create a new reading list for detective fiction to satisfy my addiction. Feel free to drop your work(s). Just a link is fine.
What I’m looking for:
- detective fiction with actual deduction (can be realistic or can touch the fiction-side more)
- I don’t mind fanfiction, but it must not be just a shipping fanfiction (with no case-solving).
- I don’t mind other genres along with it (romance, sci-fi, or even fantasy), but I wish to see a MC deduce something with the logic of his/her world.
- I don’t mind how realistic the MC is. The MC could be a prodigee and super-strong athlete as long as he can solve crimes with sound deduction.
Bonus points (Your story doesn’t have to include all or any of them.):
- if modern era (21st century, realistic setting) - if related to forensics technology
- if locked room murder
- if cryptography
- if there are details on the technical: for example, if it’s a poisoning, I would love for it to be specific about which poison
The works can be:
- from Wattpad
- outside Wattpad
- someone else’s