Share your story | Fantasy & Romance

I made one of these before, but things got a bit out of hand. I’ll pay more attention to this thread now.

I’m looking for stories to get into and I would like to try my hand at keeping up with new updates, so recently-started stories are more than welcome, but if you have a complete novel, you can also post it here. I love fantasy and romance, so there you go.

what i like :

• magic and new worlds to explore
  • fantasy stories set on our world
  • cute relationships
  • diversity and feminism are always welcome
  • villains as main characters
  • lighthearted humor mixed with some dark themes
23 Likes

Hi! :smiley:
My book is a romance, with both humor and darker moments. The relationship will get kind of cute at some point!
The main character is a strong minded woman, and her main love interest is a cold and arrogant man, who looks like superman but is closer to Lex Luthor in mind (so kind of a villain!)
I hope it will suit you! :wink:

BETWEEN THE LINES

Cover%20small

SUMMARY

(scroll for more)
Andy is young and full of life. She is quite the genius with a keyboard, and she has a real talent when it comes to programming. She might be considered a bit of an eccentric, as most of her interests place her in the geeks and nerds category. She has just started her new job, in a new city, at a very promising firm.

Everything seems to be going great, except that she is a woman in a field ruled by men, and she will have to work twice as hard as anyone to prove her worth. She intends to do just that, but her arrogant, seemingly misogynistic boss is in the way.

As the days pass, she bonds with Oliver, her co-worker, with whom she shares a lot of interests. With Oli, everything is easy and comes naturally, it’s like they have known each other forever, and she starts to wonder if maybe he isn’t the one for her.

However, as hard as she tries, she can’t shake the very conflicting feelings she has toward her obnoxious boss. It doesn’t matter if he is cold and seems to think that his IQ dispenses him from being polite in any way, her body won’t listen to reason.

Torn between her reason and her needs, Andy does her best to keep a sane mind, while still handling a job that she won’t lose for anyone…

EXCERPT

(scroll for more)
“What are you doing?” I asked, not minding if I sounded aggressive.

“Well, I am very curious to see you in action,” Alexander argued. “Is there a problem?” he asked, reaching for his glasses, tucked in his collar.

“I’d prefer to work without you hovering,” I answered, unapologetic.

“Tough luck,” he simply replied as he put his glasses on.

I was about to send him an acerbic remark when my brain forgot how to operate. Oh my… With those glasses, he had just gone from Kal-El to Clark Kent real fast, and I couldn’t decide which version I preferred.

My body couldn’t care less about the fact that he was an ass, and I felt the urge to clench my thighs, to suppress the need that was slowly growing between them.

How was I supposed to focus on my work?

LINK HERE

Get your own personalized post here.

If you try to steal my script, I can tell you I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my script go now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you. I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

3 Likes

Hey there @bwttersweet,

I recently completed my first story. Maybe you’ll enjoy it. :blush:

Title: Burning Gods And Wicked Angels

Genre: Urban fantasy/paranormal romance

Blurb:
A determined small-town girl sets out on a quest to find out what happened to her beloved sister. Travelling to London, Amelia is catapulted into a new, unknown world that threatens her life. Her only chance of safety lies in the mysterious antique store owner Mister Noble, the last person to see her sister Sophia alive. Can she trust the handsome stranger to tell the truth, or will he be her downfall?

Hard choices will be made; bonds will be formed as dark secrets are uncovered. And, of course, death will always be watching.

Completed

3 Likes

Hi! I do have some things on the list you mentioned.

This a dark fantasy romance which does have some humor. The ad is clickable if you’re interested.

Superimposed1565146282447

2 Likes

This doesn’t fulfill quite all of your likes, but I think you will still enjoy it.

Revival: Of Cethore

The dragon is sleeping; it’s almost gone. Only one can awaken it, only one can revive it. Will they make it in time?

Cethore. It was once simply a land divided by the people within. Of the seven tribes, great power ran through their veins, each power unique to its tribe, but one tribe was blessed with power over all other tribes. They united the tribes to form the nation of Cethore, run by the Council of Sixeen. For many centuries, peace reigned, until the darkness crept into their hearts.

Samari is homeless orphan hoping to find a good life somewhere, a place where she belongs. Luck is not on her side as she runs into a street fight that is bigger than it seems. When she joins a guild that works for a dead king, she finds a version of herself she never knew existed–and friends she never had. But now she has to step up in order to keep the darkness at bay. With the fate of her world in the balance, she must decide between staying comfortable or fighting for greater power.

[Fairy Tail meets Avatar: The Last Airbender]

Hi there. My story checks out a few things on your list. It has magic and is set in another world and the ones in charge are powerful and strong women both good and evil.

Title: A Princess Homeguide.
Genre: Fantasy.
Link:https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/186509513-a-princess-homeguide

Bernice Plata, a teenage girl who excels in her studies discovers an answer to family secret that her dead mother left behind long ago. Her necklace is the key that opens a mysterious journal and finds a portal to another dimension. This disturbance was welcomed by some and some want her dead. The journal is more than just a doorway between two very different worlds, but holds a prophesy that garantees the returned princess’s victory. But it’s only on paper and nothing is set in stone.

See if any of these might catch your fancy :woman_shrugging: sorry for the spam lol. All stories star my MC Ingrid. Whiskey Latte (completed novella) + Vodka Espresso (ongoing novel) are the main stories. Wasted (completed short story) + Experiment (ongoing novella) are spin-off side-projects. I’ve been told Ingrid is pretty funny, but she’s a hot mess of a woman so her ‘romances’ are questionable and things can get pretty dark. I think the stories are fairly diverse and strongly feminist (especially Vodka Espresso).

in which her heart is thawing
ingrid’s best friend happens to be a bartender she occasionally sleeps with - which says a lot about how and where she likes to spend her time - who once described her as having “a conscience but not a heart.”

that’s something she has to come to terms with, after she learns about the damage she’s inflicted on a former lover who’d been nothing but good to her. because now she’s got new prey in her clutches and she promised to let it go before she breaks it.

tough part is, the wishful-thinking fool would rather be eaten alive…and she has to figure out how to let him down slowly enough for the fall not to kill him.

new adult - not rated mature

Whiskey Latte (completed)
novella

in which she unearths her demons
alcohol and caffeine is what it takes to live the big city life…and ingrid needs it now more than ever.

an important promotion takes her from the relative safety of the home she had built in berlin, back to london where her past lies in wait. she spirals out of control when it all becomes too much, but she powers through, broken, her pieces barely held in place by the same old destructive habits.

one thing keeps her going, though: her long-lost friends, who welcome her back in their midst - and ingrid nearly throws her career under the bus to rescue one of them from a fate that, once upon a time, could have been her own…

(direct sequel to “Whiskey Latte” but it stands well enough on its own; completed, regular weekend updates)

adult - rated mature

Vodka Espresso
vodkaespresso

Warning: this story deals with suicidal thoughts & themes, including a suicide attempt

Jude and Ingrid come from very different places, down very different roads - though sooner or later, all roads lead to Rome, don’t they? In this case, Rome is both of them broken in Berlin, struggling to make sense of their scattered pieces.

They save each other, but on people like them, salvation is wasted, really. And so are they. Wasted, that is.

Wasted (completed short story)

Wasted%20TV%20Tower2

“experiment”: a course of action tentatively adopted without being sure of the outcome.

an experiment is what ingrid embarked on in london when she spilled her vanilla cappuccino all over craig’s crisp white shirt. he’s good, easy fun - makes her laugh and buys her dinner. but what happens when nice-guy craig asks more of bad-girl ingrid than the semblance of carefree commitment she manages to muster in his presence?

will she run for the hills and leave him heartbroken in her wake…or will she continue the experiment until a less hazardous outcome occurs to her?

experiment (ongoing novella)
experiment

@bwttersweet Hi! My name’s Andrea, and I am currently fifteen chapters away from finishing a fantasy/romance novel. My protagonist is kind of a villain? Like she’s the popular, blonde girl most stories like to criticize. A.k.a. the queen bee. She’s just been chosen by the fates to become queen of the Underworld. It’s a paranormal story based off of greek mythology, so it might not be your cup of tea. But if you’re into any of those things, maybe you could give my story a chance? It’s called “Queen of Hell & Paradise”. My username is @AndreaPrincess17

https://www.wattpad.com/story/183369345-queen-of-hell-paradise-immortal-gods-book-1

1 Like

newproject_1_original%20(2)
https://www.wattpad.com/story/195475483-eve-of-eden

I was Adam’s wife, nothing more, nothing less. I was the perfect wife, ever the obedient, always patient. I did everything they told me to do–everything he told me to do, but in the end, none of it mattered.

My name is Eve, and I just got kicked out of Heaven.

2 Likes

Lesbian romance in a Dark Fantasy with feminist themes.

Underwood%20cover

Growing up, Sylvia’s mother had always given her two very specific warnings: never wander the woods alone and never let anyone see her “talents.” As a lifelong denizen of London, Sylvia never had any trouble abiding by the first rule, but when the Blitz strikes the city, she is sent away from her mother’s dressmaking shop to the beautiful Devon countryside. There, she encounters the wild Dartmoor woodlands for the first time and immediately forgets her mother’s warnings…

Upon entering the woods, she finds herself abducted by Der Erlkönig, the ruthless King the Underwood, who insists that her family owes him a great debt. Trapping her in a world of spirits and monsters, he forces Sylvia into servitude within the confines of his castle where she must use her skills as a seamstress to settle the outstanding debt. For years Sylvia toils under the single-minded hope of one day returning home, but matters are only complicated when she meets the King’s gamekeeper, a beautiful mortal woman named Sasha. As the two women become closer, so do Sylvia’s “talents” slip from her control, and her needlework begins taking on a life of its own. It isn’t long before she breaks her mother’s second rule, bringing her abilities to the attention of the King, who appears to have other uses in mind for them…

https://www.wattpad.com/story/166914741-into-the-underwood

My fantasy book is set in another world, involves magic and has a lot of diversity and some dark themes ready to come soon! So, if you want to check it out, here is the info!

Title: Into the Forest

Description:
There once was a land filled with kingdoms and realms that homed various mythical creatures, a land they called Tenth Land. The kingdoms lived in peace, and evil was contained.

Until one day.

Destroyed with darkness and ice by the evil Queen, the people of Tenth Land remain in hiding in the hope that one day their saviour, a young girl, will find the archway and save their world.

17 year old, Alyssa Evans, chases her runaway dog through a forest, where she stumbles through a peculiar archway - an archway that takes Alyssa to a whole new world.

Link: https://my.w.tt/41r0ogVIoZ

1 Like

@darvruni Can you give me the link to your story?

1 Like

Hey! I’ve got something even better: a fantasy romance novel combined :’D
Hope you enjoy it if you do get to it :slight_smile:

Title: Unite and Vanquish
Summary: Thousands of years ago, the Azure and the Vermilion dragons started a war with one another. Although no one knows how it started, generations upon generations of both of these dragons have been taught to despise and kill each other instantly.

The spirit of the dragons have been passed down to humans as a tribute to their kindness as the royal family of both these clans possesses the blood of the Azure and Vermilion dragon, who can shift from human to dragon at will. But little did the humans know, that with the spirit of the dragons, came at a cost: the cost of instant bloodshed of the opposite clans.

Attempting to end this conflict once and for all, Princess Annamarie, the last Azure dragon descendant, accepts a peace treaty in which she is then forced into a political marriage by her own morals and principles with the brooding Prince Kyro, who is popular for being a tyrant throughout the Vermilion Kingdom.

Although Prince Kyro seems to be the main threat at the moment, Anna has become aware of an even larger threat looming above everyone’s head, including hers. As a result, the rival clans have to figure out how to put their differences aside and work together to eliminate this threat before it eliminates them first.

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/167233051-unite-and-vanquish✔️

“Holy Sh*t!” I screamed when i saw i was bleeding in my vagina for the first time, i thought i was dying. I rushed naked to my mom’s room, she sighed and said…
" It’s time to give you ‘THE TALK’" I was traumatized after her ‘TALK’

My name is Charlotte, i am 17 and i just began senior high school in a new school in LA after we had to move from Chicago because my mom got a new job as a psychologist for the students in my new school, could it be weirder?
I had to leave my friends,families and my sweet neighbour that paid me $100 per hour to babysit her devilish daughter.
I had everything and now i don’t even know which group of students i should mix myself with
Slut gang (Maybe i would have if i wasn’t a virgin and i liked parties)
Weirdos group ( To gross and creepy)
Nerdy teens (I would’ve if i was good in math and they weren’t so competitive)
Cheerleaders ( Don’t want to break my leg)
Gothics ( Too scary)
Holy Liars ( Wouldn’t be bad but i don’t want to be judged)
Gossip squad (I love listening to gossips, i hate gossiping)
Footballers? (I love football but there’s not a female team)

Meet Charlotte who recently moved from Chicago to start a new life in a new school.
She is confused about what group will best fit her and how she has to survive in a school that is totally different from hers.
Will she survive the high school torture?
Will she be able to make friends?
What group fits her?
Will she be able to cope with all the shit teen life is about?
READ TO FIND OUT!
LIFE AS A TEENAGER

I don’t have any fantasy stories but I am writing a young adult romance novel.
It is ongoing with weekly updates.

Heart to Hart

At eighteen years old, mistakes are bound to be made and Natasha can’t seem to stop making them.

First, she leaves her friends and home behind all because she couldn’t face her ex with her new replacement. She is convinced the change of scenery will magically transform her.

When she realises she was wrong, she returns only to find that cracks are starting to show in the perfect family her mother tries to portray them all as.

Max, her ex-boyfriend, is suddenly single. Will she be quick to forgive and let him use her all over again?

Then there is Alec, her childhood best friend. Sian has warned her not to cross any lines in their relationship but what harm is a little kiss among friends?

Natasha is about to find out, the hard way, that every action has a consequence.

https://www.wattpad.com/732296664-heart-to-hart

ongoing story

I have an ongoing fantasy you might like, please take a look! <3

https://www.wattpad.com/story/194068923-growing-wings

In a world filled with evil, demon hunting is a revered profession, albeit a highly dangerous one. Xellie’s older brother is one such demon hunter, renowned for his prowess. But she always gets left behind, so as not to become a liability, and she’s tired of it. Desperate to help clean up the land and prove herself to her brother, she would do anything.

One day, an offer arrives that could make her dream come true - provided she can show she’s capable and responsible enough to use such power. But is it worth it? And does she really have a choice?

Hi! You might like my story :blush:!

Title: The Wings of Storm
Genre: Portal fantasy adventure
Blurb:
Tahro Akagi shouldn’t live in two worlds at once.

Yet forced to spend his days studying by a no-nonsense mother, he longs for adventure. At a moment of desperation, Tahro finds himself in Saishuu Riku, the lands of his favourite book. Engrossed in this world more than he ever thought possible, Tahro saves a character’s life.

But if a butterfly’s wings can bring thunderstorms, then his every breath is another flap as it flies, his every heartbeat a danger to those around him.

Unwittingly, he becomes entangled in a web of conspiracies between ministers, a murderous witch and a kidnapper with butterfly-patterned knives. Tahro learns he’s changed the plot too much. Events that should happen don’t and his new friends are caught in a crossfire he wants no part in.

And when his friend is kidnapped, saving her could put everyone else in danger. Yet Tahro can’t stand by and watch.

Link:
https://www.wattpad.com/story/174132370-the-wings-of-storm

Hi! My story ticks two of your list: cute relationship and lighthearted humor with dark themes. It is completed and falls under the romance/chicklit genre. Hope you enjoy!

I’ve got one! I’m still rewriting it, but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless!

https://www.wattpad.com/story/154539668-i-never-imagined-completed-and-rewriting

Thank you! :smiley:

I think The Necromancer will tick 4 of these boxes (although ofc, the MC doesn’t see herself as a villain, as villainous people usually don’t).

1 Like