show your drawings! (traditional, digitals, wips, etc)

discussion
art

Sounds more “specific” than my course. In year 1-3 we get a brief and then we can either follow it or… Not :joy: If you can justify why you didn’t wanna follow the brief, the tutors are satisfied as long as you did something else. (Year 4 you work all year on your degree show and you can do whatever you want)

But we also only have two departments and not actual classes. So we have the “art” department where we do all our studio work - and then we have the boring department where we write all of our essays. We’re also separated into departments in terms of mediums. So, painting and printmaking is one - sculpture and environmental art - fine art photography (that’s just the fine art department. We also have a design department)

The closest we get to classes is tutorials, workshops and lectures. But not like actual classes.

I’m jelly you get to sculpt. We can do that (I’m in fine art photography) but we have to seek out tutors ourselves to get inducted to the different workshops.

That’s such an interesting layout on program. Like I would definitely love to see how that worked and try it out! But yeah, year four for you sounds like how our senior thesis is gonna go :smile: also lots of professors are so lenient but that’s when you get super into the major classes and outta foundations :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s really fun because you get to really immerse yourself - but hoowee, you gotta be sure you love art :joy:

So you don’t choose a major from the getgo?

A lot of people swtch majors, but you gotta take the pre recs before you get into the actual major. Like I’ve been completely set on a BFA with a major in animation (2d specifically) and fibers (textiles basically) as a minor. Some people don’t know what they want. But yeah like I gotta have drawing I and II before my first major class, action analysis (basically gesture drawing and all that). But yeah, we have a massive drop rate because some poeple just aren’t in it for the long haul I guess

He is Sharks, he is half human and half fish, my own “Aquaman” hahaha

woah that’s really cool and neat looking

“Sick” patients

sketchessss

59%20PM 03%20PM|424x521
37%20PM
05%20PM
14%20PM

also map

Colorful

perspectiveeee. respect

Untitled613-01

Hello, I’m new here! Nice to meet you :smile:
I use the Android app Ibis Paint X to draw and design my covers.

What a cute potato! :grin:

Wow, now this is what I call “aesthetics” :blush::blush: so beautiful!

Hey, actually this is pretty good! Keep it up! :wink:

I really love your shading! Awasome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Adorableeee~! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love your coloring, so smooth~! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Incredible! :relaxed::relaxed:

it’s very artistic^^