i’m here with some questions around building a writerly social media presence, because i’ve seen lots of different conflicting advice on the topic.
- i’m still working on the first draft of a novel. should i make my writer-associated accounts now?
- should they be separate from my main accounts, like having locked “personal” accounts, but then open “writer” accounts which would be more of a brand, and which i’d use purely for making friends with other writers and following relevant things?
- what should i call them? i’m quite eager to escape the silly name i’ve chosen on here (and which also dominates 99% of my personal social media lmao), and i was wondering if there are any accepted naming conventions? “name_thewriter” or whatever? what’s common and professional?
- what platforms should i use? instagram, twitter, goodreads? is a facebook page worth it?
- should i start a blog? what goes on a writer blog? i’ve tried with a blog before, but lacked direction and never really kept up with it.
sorry for all the rambling! i’m a bit lost, but i think if i’m building somewhat of an online presence here, perhaps i should be making myself accessible to followers elsewhere as well. let me know what you think!