Songs That Describe Your Characters

music

Music is really important to me in life in general, so I always love making soundtracks for my books.

Below, name your book, a character (or several), and name a song and the artist that suits them! If you want, you can elaborate on why you chose what you did :blush:

In my WIP, the song Sunflower by Post Malone and Swae Lee from the Spiderverse soundtrack really fits my protagonist Willow. It captures her energy and really speaks to the way she views others and the world.

I can’t wait to see the songs for your works! :smile:

Book title: Sympathy for the Devil
Characters:
Ankou: Sympathy for the Devil: The Rolling Stones/ Grace is Gone: Dave Matthews/ Mr. Sandman: SYML
Rowan: Nothing on me: Sera Bullis/ When the Party’s over: Billy Eillish/ Amber Run: Fickle Game

@DumDumPops4 @odemira (thought you guys might have some fun here)

I think Red’s would be You Raise Me Up ~Josh Groban and Everett’s would be Lavender’s Blue Dilly Dilly

Book Title: The Hotelier’s Toy

As a couple: Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous ft. Timbaland / Cobra Starship: You Make Me Feel… ft. Sabi
Kenji: Matchbox Twenty - Bent / Matchbox Twenty - If You’re Gone / Cobra Starship: Good Girls Go Bad ft. Leighton Meester
Akira: Avril Lavigne - Complicated / Mariah Carey - Touch My Body

Title: Knights of Lore

Characters/songs:
Kaden Nadirè - Way up by Jaden smith/ Goku by Jaden Smith. These songs match his energy and the “hero of justice” mentality he has. He’s always ready for action.

Kariah-Belle Nadirè - Ninety by Jaden Smith/ Romans revenge by Nicki Minaj/ High hopes by panic at the disco. Ninety is a song I feel catches her emotional side, especially in the melody. Romans revenge is a song that shows her energy and go-getter mentality. She has talent and a dream she is determined to make a reality. Even when she knows she gets the short end of the stick covered in mud she tries her best to stay optimistic.

Rygilya Semtech - Riot by three days grace/ you’re going down by sick puppies. Riot because rygilya is aiming to bring down the ruling power of a large organization and if he succeeds humanity will be left without a head. You’re going down because he plans on killing his former best friend, Kaden.

Aya Felicity - Have faith in me by a day to remember/ paint it black by BiSH/I hate everything about you by Three days grace. The first two songs because she made a promise to Kaden to never let the dark power he has take over his body even if she has to kill him. She wants to be a light when he is surrounded by darkness. The last song relates to her feelings for her father who killed her mom in front of her and went rogue.

Iris Eloclipes - One of the drunks by panic at the disco/ king of the clouds by panic at the disco/ sugar we’re going down by fall out boy/let’s be alone together by fall out boy. These songs match how she looks for ways to ease the guilt she feels.

Book: The Rules and Guidelines of Vara Brown

Vara: Look What You Made me Do

Dearil: You’ll be Back

Beatrice: You Are my Sunshine

Ms. Davis: Hey There Delilah

STORY: Moonshine

Wynnifred- Fall in Line by Christine Aguleria
Aspen- Moonshine by LIGHTS

Matthew: Talkin’ Bout A Revolution (Tracy Chapman)
Polidoria: Ghost of a Rose (Blackmore’s Night)
Kelvin: Towards the Sun (Rihanna (i guess))

I also love making soundtracks for my books! When I find one that really suits a certain chapter, I get really excited.

My book: Once Upon A Time, I Was A Hoe

It’s hard to choose, but ultimately, the best song that suits my mc, Amethyst, is ‘Teenage Fantasy’ by Jorja Smith.

I don’t usually do music with my works, but Natural by Imagine Dragons fits so well with my MC in Rogue Wolf.

book: -wip not on wattpad-

Rory Osiric - Rule the World, Valley of Wolves
Johnna Ravenna - Reckless, Valley of Wolves
Jael Ravenna - Lions Inside, Valley of Wolves
Rhys Isfet - Fire, Barns Courtney

Book: And If You Wrong Us

Characters: Mr. Cirius Raven & Ms. Sarah Pemberly
Song: As The World Falls Down from the “Labryinth” soundtrack by David Bowie
The scene that this song plays during inspired the character of Mr. Raven and a ballroom scene in my book. I love listening to this song while I work on the book.

Character: Amber

Songs:

• Fight Song by Rachel Platten (Amber is always fighting)

• Too Little Too Late by JoJo (When Ash hurts Amber)

• Never Say Goodbye by JoJo (Explains how Amber doesn’t have to be lonely anymore)

From LOVE MONSTER:

Kate Mackay - One Way Or Another by Blondie
Catriona Grant - You Don’t Own Me by Grace
Victor Okoye - Black Skinhead by Kanye West
Fraser Scott - Diamonds, Fur Coat, Champagne by Suicide

I love incorporating music into my story and characters so this seems fun!

Book: Invisible Wounds

Malia Ervin (Main Character):

• Sweet Beginnings: Bebe Rexha
  • Human: Cher Lloyd
  • Confident: Demi Lovato
  • no tears left to cry: Ariana Grande
  • Vibe: Jojo

there’s probably more, I just can’t think of them rn

Lesley - Lilo (Lauren Aquilina)
Livia - Irrelevant / I Wonder (Lauren Aquilina)
Divenire - Divenire (Ludovico Einaudi)

I always make playlists for my books/characters - really helps with writing! The only downside is that means I have a kajillion playlists haha
I’m still in the process of writing my book - it’s in the very early stages, so an exact title hasn’t been decided yet, but “And Then There Was One” and “Flaming Vicious Red” are in the running right now.

My main character, Linden " Ayers, has a soundtrack of:
+“Michael In The Bathroom” from the musical Be More Chill
+“Teenage Dirtbag” by Wheatus
+“Better Off Dead” by Sleeping With Sirens
+“Rat A Tat” by Fall Out Boy (feat. Courtney Love)
+“Candy Store” from the musical Heathers
+“Revenge Party” from the musical Mean Girls
+“You Gotta Die Sometime” from the musical Falsettos
+“Mamma Mia” by ABBA
+“Hard Times” by Paramore
+“New Perspective” by Panic! At The Disco
+“96,000” from the musical In The Heights
+“What You Own” from the musical RENT

From my WIP Book: Chasing a Smoke

For Jenna Grey the main character’s song would be Obstacles by Syd Matter. It’s because her terrible past and how see tries to foresee the obstacles.

And for Darius Smith the love interest’s song would be Goodbye Kiss by Kasabian.

From 'Law of Tyranny’

Victoria: Savin Me - Nickelback

Nifylus: Walk Through the Fire - Zayde Wolf (feat. Ruelle)

Dueydalor: Gods of War - Celeste Buckingham

Domakatet: Hello - Adele