Spam User Reports Closed Without Action

I’ve been getting daily spam followers (you know, the ones with “xxx.yyy.zyx.ru” or something in the titles), and I keep reporting them, but nothing seems to be happening. I went back just to make sure recently (got the “high traffic” “ticket closed” message), and… profiles still up. Spam link still in the title.

I guess I’m kind of asking what I’m meant to do; I always write “has spam link in title” in the description when reporting, and, well, I report as spam. Does that do anything? I have, yes, seen that specific members of HQ handle spam and we should DM them, but–really? For all spam? What does the report function do?

So I suppose I’m asking what’s up with that @_@ I’ve seen people just stop reporting for the same reason.

I get the same thing. By this point, I send the report then just don’t bother with it again if it gets closed. It’s not worth the hassle to get it reopened when it’s just closed again.

1 Like

Right; my main worry is that I don’t want to be constantly going between computer and phone, checking reports, responding to emails, etc. etc. I used to do that and it was exhausting and frustrating and I just don’t want to handle it. But at the same time, I don’t want my inaction to lead to other people having to deal with more spambots!

1 Like

Yeah, it’s definitely a problem. Wattpad needs to find a different site or software to handle the reports because I know that the auto closing has to due with that and not Wattpad itself.

Sometimes if lots of users report same user/stories it causes the ticket jam or either Zendesk gives the pain. If you go to ticket record https://support.wattpad.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033371032-Want-to-see-your-previous-Support-tickets-Here-s-how- and try bumping then wait 24 or 48 hours and nothing, bug ticket should do.

If both way doesn’t work then PM me and I can try to help

3 Likes

Should I be bumping each time? It just seems like a lot of work ;^^

1 Like

Right, but if multiple users report the same story/user, then wait, and the problem hasn’t been taken care of, what’s supposed to happen?

2 Likes

I say this only because there’s a particular user I found whose books are just… advertising for a lawn service. So I reported some of the books and the profile a while ago, and no action seems to have ever been taken. The books and account still exist.

How many genuinely good people who want to report accounts have been dissuaded by the actual - dare I say - broken system? I hate to say that HQ needs to fix this, too, because there’s already other things that need to be worked on… :eyes:

4 Likes

There used to be a thread in these forums where we’d just list all the spam links that were following us and the ambs would check them out and delete them, usually by the next day. It was a good, useful and efficient system, but then a staffer said not to do that anymore and just fill out tickets instead. So I did that from then on, but very few of those accounts stopped following me and they still call themselves sexy21.pw or whatever so they’re obviously still hacked. But if the staff isn’t worried about it, I guess I shouldn’t be either, eh? ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

1 Like

Exactly, right? It’s not like they’re breaking Guidelines or anything, or that we’re trying to show HQ that…

2 Likes

Yup, they’re just harmless followers, I’m sure.

*makes bold color post-it note to never click their links*

2 Likes

I reported a user for the first time and I immediately got an email my ticket had been closed :joy:

So I mean… I probably won’t report again since “it’s probably already being worked on”

4 Likes

You mean you reported the spammers individually? I would then try to add note about your other tickets that’s related with the spam account as bump.

You can always put URL links in that ticket next time if they’re connected.

See, the ticket record is important. It depends on what the status is. If their ticket was ‘solved’ it means the ticket hasn’t been sent due to jamming or glitch. Which is why I wouldn’t recommend users do that but most times they come to us in PM or Ambassador profile about it.

If problem hasn’t been care or no staff reply then one user (or victim) can try again and check ticket record. If by then ticket still problem they can try bug ticket or come to me and talk about the issue or ticket

1 Like

No, the staff are I’m sure taking this seriously but with other stuff I think it takes time to handle this case and that case. They are small employees

1 Like

I believe you! I think there’s one of those accounts still following me that’s been returned to the original user; at least, it’s not using a sexy.pw link anymore. So maybe the staff’s trying to track down the true users before they delete accounts or something. In any case, I’m not worried as long as my own account doesn’t get hacked. *knocks on wood*

1 Like

I’ve reported three users and they are automatically getting closed when it’s for harassment.

1 Like

@AdelinaSauer I suggest you reopen the closed ticket by bumping it up :slight_smile:
You can also read this article for more information:

It won’t let me bump it up.

2 Likes

@AdelinaSauer You can send a new ticket giving details of the previous ones here:
https://support.wattpad.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

You can ask the ambassadors here: Ask the Ambassadors Anything!

Thank you very much!

2 Likes