Story got deleted

Hey. Did it ever happened to you a story of yours suddenly disappeared without any trace?
I had a story with more than 2k reads here, and a few moments ago it got deleted without a trace. I’m sure I didn’t delete it, and I didn’t receive any mail from Wattpad either about the deletion. And I’m sure I didn’t break any rules of Wattpad with it. I would understand if it was controversial story, but it was a simple LGBT romance among adults with slight mature aspects, but I properly tagged it as adult.

I tried to write to Wattpad support, but when I hit the Submit button, nothing happens, it just refreshes the page, but doesn’t say what more info I should give about my problem.

What can I do in such situation?

Oh shoot I’m sorry that happened to you!
A community ambassador will probably see this and give you advice/insight as to what happened. I hope everything works out for you!

2 Likes

Sometimes they disappear and reappear. I hope yours comes back :frowning:

2 Likes

Thank you. I really hope so. I mean merely an hour ago I even received a notification about somebody voted on it, and now it’s nowhere to be found… It doesn’t have a trace on my profile, it just says I have three published stories, while I have four with the disappeared one.

2 Likes

You should report about it in the thread. Ask the Ambassadors Anything as quick as you can. If it’s not a visibility glitch, chances are your story is actually deleted. Let an ambassador know about it ASAP so that they can guide you further. It’s mostly submitting a ticket, they’ll reply in sometime about the details of your story, communicate and follow the procedure, and you’ll get your book back in no time. Hope this helps! Let us know if you successfully recover your hard work! Good luck. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

And before you do that…just log out of your account, shut down your browser and restart it after a minute or two. If it’s just a visibility glitch, your book will be back when you log in.

3 Likes

Wattpad was having some major outages earlier, so your story is most likely not deleted - it has just disappeared due to the glitch. Several users have reported back with the same issue.

Wait until tomorrow and if it hasn’t returned, you can send a ticket here: https://support.wattpad.com/hc/en-us

4 Likes

One of my stories has vanished too. It’s a known issue on wattpad at the moment, if you look in the help centre it has suggestions such as reinstalling the app, restarting internet connection etc. I did all those things and none helped so i submitted a help request. If you have already submitted a ticket, just wait until they contact you (which can take 35 hours) and they should hopefully be able to fix it for you.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your helpfulness :slight_smile:

A moment ago my story reappeared, so now I’m relieved :slight_smile:
I just probably freaked out too early, but I had no idea what possibly happened.

5 Likes

That’s totally understandable, I’m glad everything worked out for you!

2 Likes

Whenever this stuff happens, it reminds me to back everything up in like a million different places just in case haha

2 Likes

I write in Google Drive, and just paste it in here, so I wouldn’t have lost the story itself, just the reads, likes, and things like that. I’m paranoid about such things too, so I would never risk everything at one place :smiley:

2 Likes

Idem , one of my story disappeared. Everything was normal yesterday

I also have a friend with the same issue

1 Like

Its a Known Issue. Sure it will be fixed soon

1 Like

It got solved to me hours ago. Then there wasn’t anything about it in the Known Issues list, but thank you for telling me :slight_smile: