Story Promote: I want to read- post your stories! (Nothing over 1K reads, please)

Hi friend! I’m working on a story right now that only has like 50 reads. Genre: Mystery/thriller, general fiction, fantasy, sci-fi. I really wanted to combine things like 1880s/1920’s with steampunk and cyberpunk. The story is mostly high fantasy and takes place in various locations like a circus, a gambling city, a mental asylum, etc. It interweaves the stories of multiple criminals, some assassins, others thieves, and how they were caught and now work for the empress as her hounds to hunt down other criminals.

If you’ve read anything like the 6 of Crows, The Last Magician, Ace of Shades, Death Note, you’ll probably like this.

Here’s the official blurb, though be aware it is subject to change because I’m indecisive like that XD

On Evuull, the moon of Secratarion are the Emillians, a group that define themselves as rich, intelligent, and higher class people who believe they are worthy to control the world. Red is determined to change that; perhaps not for the most morally positive reasons, but wars are rarely won by optimism and friendly gestures.

The Asylum Boys are a strange mixture of criminally inclined young men with wealth, power, and the Mother of Evuull herself, to back them up. But as they hunt down a violent fire magicker, known as the Red Plague, a psychopath who appears to be destroying the lives of innocents, they find that all is not what it seems and that the Asylum, the one place that they can call home, is buried in secrets; all of which start with a mysterious new Asylum Boy called Red.

Red follows the story of multiple teenagers who have taken it upon themselves to rewrite history. From a pair of assassins who trained to kill and are addicted to pain, a thief and con-artist who worshipped Greed himself, a gentle boy surrounded by silence with the power to destroy human and alien life as they know it, to a paper doll more fragile than glass but with the power and conviction to tear down an entire empire. You know the story of the heroes. Now it’s the villains’ turn.

If you’re interested, feel free to click on the cover below! It will take you to my book!

0011%20(1)

If you want to read some completed words under 1k reads, I’d advise that you read Thankful for Life’s Many Blessings, Breaking Point or Deadly Vault. They’re all posted on @leighyeann.

okay, well, I am not gonna post covers (cause they are just too large,) but I got three (all under 1k)that you might like.

Title: New Sight
Genre: Werewolf, but not really werewolf (more lycan.)
Summary:Twenty-year old Katrina Monich is a scholar studying abroad far from her home in South Africa. After an ominous meeting with a male at three in the morning, a strange domino effect seems to fall in place. From her content two years in Maryland to an unknown desolate land miles away, Katrina feels as though things are not as they seem. And perhaps she is right.

Title: Un-Living
Genre: Teen Fiction
Summary:When you look at me, what would you see? Probably a girl with the black hoodie over her head along with her black skull candy earbuds in. This girl would hardly show her face; she would rather sink into the bottom of the ocean than let anybody into her life.

I am that girl.

Willingly, at most, I would show my hands; however, once you get to the start of my wrists you see nothing. I hide from the world; after everything that has happened, I prefer to stay under the hoodie and rest with the influence of music. It makes me forget the pain I have caused everyone. It makes me forget what happened last summer.

When I caused everyone pain and I felt none. Scars roam over my body, mentally and physically. Day by day I fight an inner battle; I wonder if I did the right thing, pushing myself to my limits. I want to disappear.

This isn’t living. This is unliving.

Title: Blood Bound
Genre: Paranormal
Summary:Connor Collins is a young adolescent boy struggling with recent bullying issues. His stature is short, while his features are not at all masculine, a perfect target for bullies. His intelligence is exploding with knowledge while also learning to avoid these painful situations. Yet, Connor can only go so far without an interruption that causes a domino effect of chaos to travel around his small, private boarding school. It started with a simple rat catching the corner of Conner’s eye, then Brooklyn Evans appearing out of nowhere, and not to mention that the student population is decreasing without proper reasoning. It then leads to a team of adolescent children to take on the most horrifying infection of their lives. If they do not stick together - they will die. If they do not get infected - they will die. If they do not escape - then they will be eaten alive by the beasts outside. In the middle of this bloodbath, there are links directly leading to Conner himself. Showing perhaps that he is more important than a simple schoolboy hiding behind a book. Perhaps he is something more than anyone else can imagine, and with that leads to risks. Risks of both death, and infinite pain. People are after Conner people want him gone - dead. He does not know that people want him to be descended into the depths of hell. Conner soon figures out, that perhaps, he is running out of time.

I wish I had a lot to offer, but the story I’m working on is only about 2k words,

I only posted the prologue and cureently am working on the first chapter so if you would like to look at it by all means do. :smiley:

The genre is fantasy containing action among many other things. The next chapter is love though so yeah

Thanks, I’ll look into those.

Cool, I’ll check at least one of those out when I get the chance.

Thank you!

I have a Star Wars fanfiction in progress that I’d love some reads and feedback on if anyone is interested :slight_smile:

It’s called The Sentinel: An Old Republic Story. It’s set in the Old Republic era during the cold war between the Jedi and Sith

Blurb:

The Great Galactic War has torn the Galaxy apart. After a lifetime of war Lorian Anders has turned his back on the Jedi, and the Sith and entered exile on a backwater world. He was content to sit back and let the galaxy burn.

The Force has other plans. With a Sith Fleet closing in and contact with the Republic cut off, one sentinel stands against the tide, an old warrior who must prove he has enough fight left in him to stop the Sith fleet and save the planet.

149905421-256-k596726

Ooo I love your cover. I’ll check it out when I have time :slight_smile:

I only have three chapters posted but it has less than 50 reads:

Title: Rise From Ashes
Genre: fantasy-romance
Blurb: “I met him. Lily, oh Lily, of all the people you could have chosen to bother it had to be him. At first, I didn’t recognize him. Just a dark-haired man with five o’ clock shadow, smoking a cigar in the corner of the guildhall. But then my eyes met his, and to my horror I recognized who he was. Pale grey skin, shotgun strapped to his back, eyes consisting of nothing but blackness and glowing red pupils: the Infernal. The man who walked out of Hell.”
Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/170461991-rise-from-ashes-ariel

I have some other works too, mostly under 50 reads. Would be thrilled if you read them =)

Great, I’d be happy to read :smiley:

My story Wildrose have 600 reads so far.
Genre scifi
summary: Left to rust on a battlefield, forgotten by the rescue team this combat robot awaits its destiny. Until years later a girl founds it under a willow tree.
link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/124170534-wildrose-english-version

Hello. I have a fantasy I’ll throw in. It has under 300 reads.

Title: The Last Waker
Summary:
Ryan Avery has no idea why strange things happen in Corlisstion, Massachusetts and he doesn’t really care. To Ryan, ghosts, goblins, and old curses are just a sad explanation for a town that has been dying for years. Ryan has enough to worry about living under the same roof with an abusive uncle and cousin, especially since he has no blood ties to them. He’s not family and they never let him forget. Ryan is just counting the days until his 18th birthday so he can leave. He’s already bought a bus ticket, but when he tries to help a lonely, old woman get her stolen horse back from a thief, everything he believed and didn’t believe about Corlisston and his life will be turned upside down.

LINK: THE LAST WAKER

Thanks!

Hi! I actually just started a book! There are only 2 chapters up right now, and I just published it so there are about 0 reads lol! I just started writing again so if you would be able to give little feedback on some improvements or thoughts that would be amazing, if not you are a kind soul for reading!

Title: Rhythm of Love
Genre: Romance
Summary:A modern twist of Romeo and Juliet with a dash of Divergent, presented is Victoria Debroux a fellow rock listener that has been told her whole life not to mess with their rivals, the rap group. About 10 years prior to Victoria’s birth, cliques in high school were no longer determined by economic class or hobbies, but by genre of music. It spread like wildfire and blew into one of the biggest controversies ending with different social sectors around the world.
Enter Jacob Harris, and that’s when the lines between loyalty and love blur.

Thank you so much for consideration!

Hiya lovely! All of the works on my channel are under 1k but seeing as I don’t know which genres you like the most, I thought I’d drop a link to my profile, so you can have a look at my works and find one you like.

https://www.wattpad.com/user/JMayflower

Any feedback you have would be lovely, and thank you for doing this. :slight_smile:

Oo that sounds coool, thanks!

Thanks!

A Celestial Requiem
161267751-176-k363854

“A Celestial Requiem” tells the story of a young woman, Mingxia, who lives in Shangzihua, an impoverished village that lies on the outskirts of Wuzhen. Ever since she was a child, she learned nothing but distrust and hostility. They knew she wasn’t human and they were fearful of her capabilities.

Mingxia tries to quietly live out her life in the shadows as an herbalist to show the villagers that she can bring about a positive change, but fate won’t allow her. She’s tormented with dreams of a mysterious woman and a prophecy about the Tarot that she is expected to fulfill.

To make matters even more complicated, the Crown Prince enters her life and she can’t help but feel a strong, unbreakable connection to him. Mingxia must struggle with her feelings for the Crown Prince and her identity all while coming to terms with a prophecy that could jeopardize the future of the realm of Naestrirea and its mythical inhabitants.

Click here to read!

I hope you enjoy it :slight_smile:

Thank you!