Submissions to join the Wattpad Ambassadors are now OPEN!

Interested in joining the Ambassador team or want to know more about them?

There’s some info here on the Ambassadors profile here and a link to the Submissions form.

Our next training session will be January / February time next year. Please feel free to ask any questions here and I’ll do my best to answer them as fully as I can. And I’d very much welcome submissions from regular users of this Community area too, as Katherine explains in more detail here =]

Alongside our existing Community moderators we also have Ambassadors who wrangle data with the team at HQ, assist with tracking down works that are plagiarised, help run profiles and great contests, and who do outreach to new writers on the platform to help them on their journey. And that’s just a part of what they do.

The team are now well over 600 in number and cover 70+ countries and 70 different languages. They are diverse, eclectic, and work very closely with the folks at Wattpad HQ to help maintain Wattpad’s incredible community.

Sales pitch over =]

Questions are always welcomed.

Cheers, Gav

Hello !

I noticed the form has slighty changed : are you looking for any particular skills or abilities this time ? :slight_smile:

8 Likes

We’re certainly looking for regular forums users, that’s something that quite high on the priority list this time, and language skills are always useful, but not essential

10 Likes

Thank you ! :slight_smile:

And what is “copy writing” ?

2 Likes

There’s some useful info here on what copyright is if you’re interested

1 Like

Copyright or copywriting?

If you’re asking about copyright, then what @TheOrangutan linked to above helps.

If you’re asking about copywriting, it’s writing advertising or marketing material. It’s what you see in product descriptions on an ecommerce website, catalogs, etc. It’s actually a major part of my job! :joy:

8 Likes

Well… I am a little bit lose because Google told copy writing is “is the act or occupation of writing text for the purpose of advertising or other forms of marketing. The product, called copy , is written content that aims to increase brand awareness and ultimately persuade a person or group to take a particular action.” So there is nothing in link with copyright, hu ?

@LailaLiliana thank you ! that is what I was about to said Hahah I asked about copywriting. It is a question in the Ambassador form and I didn’t know what it was !

5 Likes

Hey…I actually submitted the form a few days ago. Was that wrong? Do I need to do it again?

4 Likes

Ah, my apologies, hadn’t realised you meant the form =]

4 Likes

Your application is fine, I can see it ok

7 Likes

Okay, thank you!

5 Likes

Yes, get your applications in. Third time’s the charm, right? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I hope I get in this time!

8 Likes

Thank God, for you asking this, because I did the same exact thing.

5 Likes

I know quite a few ambassadors made it in on their third try! Good luck! :four_leaf_clover: :wink:

8 Likes

Waves hand. I have nothing better to do with my life lol. I’ve been talking to Katherine through PMs so she knows a bit more.

Whatever happens happens. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Whew. I’m glad you asked this. I filled it out yesterday.

3 Likes

Hey Gavin,
I have a quick question about the ambassadors application. If we were to apply for one of the ambassador teams, however, you reach a point that you do not need any more volunteers in that team, does our application get passed over, or can we still be considered for the other teams?
Thank you :blush:

(I hope I have worded this in a way that makes sense)

10 Likes

This is my second time applying! Hopefully, my teaching self might get accepted lol :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes