TAGS PLEASE

So, I’ve noticed that I still cannot create my own tags on the Communitys site. I must use ONLY premade tags and it’s driving me nuts because I can think of good tags, but I can’t use them.

So, can someone please make it so that users can create tags. I don’t mind having premade tags as suggestions, but if I want to make my own tag, I’d like to be able to make my own tag. It is seriously limiting my discovery options when I’m required to use only premade tags because if I post something dealing with a topic, etc. outside of the premade tags, there’s no real way to tag it with that.

I’d love it if this feature were implemented soon. :smile:

Also, users, please tell me if you agree with this idea or not!

• I want to make my own tags!
  • I don’t mind premade.
  • Tag? What are those?
  • Other: please explain in comment.

0 voters

Are we talking here or in writing? I thought you can make your own tag in stories :thinking:

1 Like

On Communities (beta clubs) we can only select from a list of premade tags, so I’m assuming they’re talking about here.

2 Likes

That was my guess too. If it is clubs then I chose both because I don’t mind premade but having own isn’t bad either.

If it’s writing it’s the same answer too :joy:

I only want premade! Otherwise people will put all sorts of things and it will become useless.

1 Like

I’d love to make my own tags :slight_smile: As @bangtancha says-

But we can add a condition. Only a tag that is used a minimum of 5-10 times could become permanent. We can always increase the minimum limit as per requirements :slight_smile:

1 Like

If a user could create their own tags, it would already be permanent. If it wasn’t, then what would be the point of adding them at all?

2 Likes

I think perhaps a good between solution would be to request tags be added as necessary. The search function is already really advanced in finding certain threads and posts.

Right now, the tags are mostly used as an organizational tool for crowded forums, such as the feedback one.

Tags for the cafe such as #games or #chats could be useful, while not clogging. If there’s a popular thread that has multiple iterations, perhaps there could be a tag to keep past threads together (an example being #accomplishments, which we have now for the accomplishments thread).

1 Like

I feel like if we had to request for tags it would easily get bogged down, but perhaps redundant tags could be dealt with to avoid having a bunch of useless tags. But we can make tags for our own stories, so why not for our own threads?

2 Likes

If your trust level is high enough, you have the ability to make your own tags.

3 Likes

Oh. It would be nice if that was introduced for all trust levels. I want to be a Regular, but my schedule won’t allow me to meet the criteria.

I disagree with that. It could be easily abused if we let everyone do it.

Hm… this gives me an idea…

1 Like

I see that, but even regulars could abuse it. The trust levels seem based more on activity than use of actual power (although I do see they require non reported users, etc) but it’s fine. I’m hardly active anyway so I probably shouldn’t worry about it.

1 Like

I’ve made my own tags here. :thinking:

1 Like

I couldn’t make my own tags, Michael. I think you can 'coz you are an Ambassador and as @Lumi said-

Works for Ambassadors and the Regular levels :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m both. I didn’t realise others couldn’t until now. :innocent:
I even won a New User of the Month badge as I qualified for Regular.

2 Likes

That’s great news, Michael! :heart: Congratulations… :tada: So happy for you, my friend! =]

2 Likes

I didn’t even know this place existed until I followed a link here three weeks or so ago to participate in Ivan’s AMA. :innocent:

2 Likes

Same here. I followed the link Angel @Angelic_Vamp had posted in the WattRiverdale thread around two months ago :slight_smile:

I came here to learn, to improve myself.

2 Likes

I’m an ambassador and I never knew we can make our own tag or what Lumi said :joy: #Shameonme #AmIreallyanAmbassador?

1 Like