👀 Temporary ARG Exploration Force 👀

Waddup people! :heart:

Welcome to this thread, made for people who have experienced the ARGs on these forums, or wish to try at some point!

For the ones who are back from Neo-Tokyo, I’d say it’s been a while, but not really, so hey guys, how have you been?

So, we’ve been noticing some shady, shady things happening, and we are thinking that maybe, Nick is slowly starting a new ARG. And by shady things I mean that he’s being even more cryptic than usual. Which is saying a lot.

I’m doing this thread so that you guys know that you need to be vigilant and attentive, and watch out for potential clues!

Just to be clear before we start, it could also be Nick messing with us.

:small_orange_diamond::large_orange_diamond::small_orange_diamond:

Relevant Posts and Clues, by our amazing Documenter, @FireAlwaysReturns

First Clues
The first clues were given to us by Nick in the Hackaton thread, where HQ originally announced their Hackaton. Here, another HQ member posted a photoshopped image of Nick holding a goat in his arms. Nick confirmed it was him in the image and stated the goat had died two minutes later, “because that’s how sacrifice works”. When asked where the bones went, he claimed they were consumed by the eldritch flames. Another user queried if he made stew, but he replied that there was nothing left to make stew with, and that he was not “going to go into the In Between just to find the soupy remains of a goat and scoop them out”. In that same statement, he said that the last lady who had seen the In Between had gone mad.

Missing In Between
After the first mention of this mysterious In Between, people immediately started looking. However, when they tried the obvious – the search function – they came up empty. It looks like anything related to “between” or “in between” is blocked, while normally, the search function would show all posts where said word is used.

Secondary Clues
When someone asked Nick about the weirdly acting search function in Nick’s Altar, he said that he was “pretty certain he warned against trying to go looking into that space”. Someone else then asked if this was an ARG, to which he cryptically question when anything begins and when anything ends.

Tertiary Clues
Some in the Temporary ARG Exploration Force soon wondered just what Nick was and asked him. He merely replied with, “What is a being? How do you define that which exists in between?” The user looked at Nick’s title and asked, “That of the In Between? Totib?” Once more, Nick was little help, claiming that when everything is removed, that is all that remains.

Soon, another user joked that the In Between is where all the Elginites went after the worm ate them all. Nick merely commented with, “To be so close, to be so far. To already have the pieces and never put them together.”

The Altar of Understanding
After the original three batches of clues were given, Nick created a thread called The Altar of Understanding. Now the ARG is officially announced, Nick seems to be asking for feedback on what players would want to see. He even used the neo-tokyo tag, which he very rarely does.

Throughout the thread, Nick also replied a handful of times.

:small_orange_diamond::large_orange_diamond::small_orange_diamond:

For more info, go to the Database

Please, try to keep this thread on tracks, only talks of theories and elements that might help figuring things out.

If you want to chat about anything and everything, please, go to the ECPU

1 Like

Tagging some people that are already looking into this, or could be interested:
@Azanthiel, @LittleMinx94, @LailaLiliana, @SurferJulz, @inkwellheart, @jjj000yyy, @flyingcouch, @sarakbeeksma, @matzeztam, @astrophile

Bah: @neotokyo

(Sorry if you are still on the Neo-Tokyo group but not interested in more ARGs. I know a vast majority wanted to be tagged in case it was happening again :heart:)

34 Likes

rubs hands together

So it begins.

3 Likes

I have my popcorn. :popcorn: o.o Too bad there are no chipmunk cheeks, but this will do I guess. --> :chipmunk:

2 Likes

I laughed.

I feel like this can’t be related :joy: how would he set this up? And why?

WAIT WHAT THE

4 Likes

Ah yes…a new age dawns

2 Likes

For the “how” I imagine you can add “swearwords” that cannot be searched. That’s what he may have done! As to the “why”, well, to set chaos?

4 Likes

4 Likes

I am here and I am not ready.

10 Likes

No one is! We all thought we had a few more months before us!

6 Likes

Same

1 Like

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WRITE ALL THESE BOOKS

9 Likes

By doing them at the same time? Don’t try it out. o.o

3 Likes

HOW CAN YOU THINK ABOUT BOOKS AT A TIME LIKE THIS

8 Likes

I had no time last time. I have all the time this time.

4 Likes

What books?

2 Likes

I’m currently writing the adaptation for the first ARG and I’m not done T-T I still gotta do the second too

3 Likes

That’s a lot of time.

1 Like

BECAUSE IM WRITING THE ADAPTATIONS FOR THIS ASDFGHJKL

1 Like

I write adaptations for the ARGs

2 Likes