Testing this out!

The horror club in wattpad’s always dead, maybe this one won’t be. Since you’re here, I’ve got an excerpt I’d love to have looked over.

For context, she’s a sweet-toothed zombie hesitant to eat humans.

Questions squirmed in my head while I ate without a thought. Chances were I killed Freddy and Guno, Dib, and that drunk. The worst part was, they tasted amazing. Sweet, sweet sugar danced on my tongue as I bit into them, probably because most savages were known to be vegetarians. Somehow, their succulence made the horrid act a thousand times better. Now, as properly cooked meat slid down my throat, I wondered the same. What happened if I hid my sins with junk food?

Morbid curiosity pushed me to find out. I clutched my fork with one hand and a knife in the other. After cutting off a piece of my dessert, I squished it onto some meat. My eyes stared daggers into the concoction. Focus, Lulu. You can do this―just shove it in!

Wastia reached for my plate, sighing. “I guess it’s too soon. If you don’t want this, I can―”

I stuffed the fork in my mouth before she could continue. It was… unique. At first, the new, potent flavor forced cold shivers up my back. I took slow chews, looking, hoping for it to taste bad. But once the cake’s vanilla frosting coated my tongue, I couldn’t contain the small squeal from slipping past my lips. It reminded me of a miracle fruit, shifting my focus from the severity of my actions to how simply delicious the cake was. I just had to have more.

Sweetness still clinging to my taste buds, I took in more meat. Its crunchy, deep fried skin reminded me of the crepes I once sold at… at my job! The pure saccharin goodness jolted me back to the once foggy memories of when my heart still pounded; when I worked at a bakery before everything. I used to mix and match sweets in a way less vulgar fashion.

Despite the bitter iron tickling my throat, I ventured further. Dosing more meat in sweet syrups, frostings and creams until I ran out of condiments. No, there had to be more. Assorted pastel pastries caught my eye, but before grasping for them, I turned to my group with wide eyes.

"You really need to try this!" My hands slammed on table, fingers trembling. "Wait no, maybe you already have but hot damn―"

Oh awesome!

1. How do we get horror busier? Any ideas?
  2. Feedback inbound!

I’m not entirely sure, tbh. Is the reason it’s dead because a lot of horror writers don’t use the forums?

Questions squirmed in my head while I ate without a thought. Chances were I killed Freddy and Guno, Dib, and that drunk. The worst part was, they tasted amazing. Sweet, sweet sugar danced on my tongue as I bit into them, probably because most savages were known to be vegetarians. Somehow, their succulence made the horrid act a thousand times better. Now, as properly cooked meat slid down my throat, I wondered the same. What happened if I hid my sins with junk food? This is a FANTASTIC paragraph

Morbid curiosity pushed me to find out. I clutched my fork with one hand and a knife in the other. After cutting off a piece of my dessert, I squished it onto some meat. My eyes stared daggers into the concoction. Focus, Lulu. You can do this―just shove it in!

Wastia reached for my plate, sighing. “I guess it’s too soon. If you don’t want this, I can―”

I stuffed the fork in my mouth before she could continue. It was… unique. At first, the new, potent flavor forced cold shivers up my back. I took slow chews, looking, hoping for it to taste bad. But once the cake’s vanilla frosting coated my tongue, I couldn’t contain the small squeal from slipping past my lips. It reminded me of a miracle fruit, shifting my focus from the severity of my actions to how simply delicious the cake was. I just had to have more.

Sweetness still clinging to my taste buds, I took in more meat. Its crunchy, deep fried skin reminded me of the crepes I once sold at… at my job! The pure saccharin goodness jolted me back to the once foggy memories of when my heart still pounded; when I worked at a bakery before everything. I used to mix and match sweets in a way less vulgar fashion. I think it’s amazing knowing that it’s human from the first paragraph but I think you should create more juxtaposition, like mention seeing one’s tattoo on a part of the meat or something else distinguishing so it’s reinforced that it’s human :fearful:

Despite the bitter iron tickling my throat, I ventured further. Dosing more meat in sweet syrups, frostings and creams until I ran out of condiments. No, there had to be more. Assorted pastel pastries caught my eye, but before grasping for them, I turned to my group with wide eyes.

"You really need to try this!" My hands slammed on table, fingers trembling. "Wait no, maybe you already have but hot damn―"

What’s your WP username? I want to follow!

nvm i found ya!

Ohhhh, thank you! I’ve researched how people taste, and was suprised at the results :eyes:
I’ll have to beef up the details then! Thanks so much ლ(´ڡ`ლ)

Want me to call in the pack? Lol, I’ve done it to para. And to vamp.?

I’m all in for helping the horror genre come to life… even if I have no books in horror… yet :stuck_out_tongue:

That is true. There’s plenty of horror writers, but a vast majority of them don’t use the forums. I’m even wondering if they know of the threads?

Howwwww did you red the font

Oooh, I think I’ll have to read this when I get the time~

Also,

I just binge watched Invader Zim a few days ago! What a coincidence!! XD

…I completely forgot his name was Dib, holy hell xD

Is it time for the DOOM song now?

@spicy_sweets Lol, before I watched it again, I forgot too. Zim and Gir were the only names I remembered! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

@JMills That song takes 6 months to sing… but if you have nothing to do during those times, go ahead~ :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I forgot that :confused:

Well, I better quoit my day job then if I want to get started lol