Thank You Wattpad

Thank You Wattpad. It has been over two months since I have joined Wattpad with this account, and its been one month since I started my first fanfiction story. It has been 15 days since I was inspired to create my own original Fantasy work. That itself is a significant success for me, considering how hopelessly under-confident I was in my own writing.

Today, I am celebrating a personal benchmark of reaching the perilous benchmark of a 1000 reads on my story.
I always felt that the 1000 read benchmark was so far away that I never would have thought that my own book would hit that mark.

But today, I woke up to find out that my book was on the brink of what I would have thought was impossible half a month ago.

I just want to thank everyone on Wattpad that have supported me and my book with a simple read or a upvote. You have no idea how much it means to me.

Thank You, Readers of Wattpad.

2020-05-23-12-10-www.wattpad.com

Please do share some of your achievement and success stories on this thread.

Congrats :partying_face: :partying_face: That’s awesome!!

2 Likes

Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Congrats! :smiley: :partying_face:

2 Likes

Congrats :partying_face:

2 Likes

Congratulations!!!

Recently, I did hit the 100 reads with my book. So I’m very thankful for that.

2 Likes

Congrats, that’s an amazing achievement! :partying_face:

I’ve been on Wattpad 10 years (although I’ve only had this account for 8) and I’m nearly at 17k followers which just blows my mind. I love Wattpad!

3 Likes

17k followers? That’s insane! Congrats! My books are starting to gain a lot of reads and my follower count is increasing as well. Would love to know how you achieved your success!

3 Likes

My one story is about to hit 225k reads.

2 Likes

Thank you! Honestly I think it’s just luck. :sweat_smile:

I’ve noticed that my followers go up more as I upload more frequently (once or twice a week) and uploading more will also help your story ranking get higher, which also gets you discovered. If I go through a phase of not uploading, I have to work my ass of for at least a few months to get back to “normal” as my reads etc drop.

When I started writing on WP it was easier to get discovered and it’s so much more harder now, but honestly if you’re consistent with your uploads I think that’s the best advice. I also spend a lot of time finding a good cover designer on the multimedia thread and I read over chapters a million times before publishing as I find grammatical mistakes are the one thing that will make a reader drop the story, even if they like it. I honesty think I’ve been lucky. Hope this helps some :relaxed:

3 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Congrats! :tada: I reached that goal with a few of my past stories and it’s an important step.

2 Likes

That is very exciting. I remember it taking a year for me to hit 1k reads on my first Wattpad book. Since that book was completed in about a month, a lot of those reads was me going back to edit.

I’d like to thank Wattpad reader’s for providing so much love for my main book. I expected it to be much like my first in regards to readership, so when it had a decent amount of readership right away, I was crazy excited about it.

They’ve given this book so much love, and I’m forever grateful for that.

What took my first book a year to gain, this book gained in a month. What took my first book over three years to gain, this one did in half the time.

I like to have read goals for this book for the end of every year. I’m not concerned if I don’t hit it, but it’s nice just to have a hope. The end of last year, I was shooting for 50k, which I hit. My goal for this year was going to be 75k, but I’ve now switched it to 100k. Either way, I know I’ll hit my original goal, but it’ll probably be by the end of next month.

I’m honored for the love it’s received so far and am grateful to each and every reader. It’s strange, because I’m still legit fan-girling new commenters. Despite the books popularity, I’m not entirely used to it. I’m still all giddy and shit when someone new shows up and starts voting and commenting.

4 Likes

Congratulations! Hitting 1k on your first non-fanfic story which is also Fantasy, one of the hardest genres to write, is something you are justly proud of. You’re currently on 1.1k, which is crazy progress for a 1k story in six hours! We’re invited to the 10k party, right? :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball:

My biggest achievement on here is winning a Watty. I don’t like really saying it out loud because it’s a sensitive subject for some people who didn’t get the same chance as I did, and they often think I’m bragging. I just wanted to say that I was on the brink of dropping my story when my win was announced. Even if you think you will never win, please, ENTER THIS YEAR. I swear this year is so different and unique, and if I, an unprofessional writer with under 1k reads at the time, had a chance, you do too :heart:

6 Likes

Wow, sounds a lot like my journey! I tell a lot of people the same thing. It’s just luck. I wrote a story in a popular niche and that was it.

2 Likes

Congrats, girl! I’m so proud of you <3

2 Likes

Woohoo, congrats!

2 Likes

Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Thank You!

3 Likes

I congratulate you on your journey through time on Wattpad. It seems like you have built a large reader base here! Great Job!

3 Likes