The 500 Club [Closed]

Hello, fellow writer!
I am creating this topic with the main purpose of writing regularly. I read a really interesting article about how writers need to sit down every day and spill words on paper (or document) as this gets us on inspiration’s radar. (Here’s the article)
Now, I am all about intimacy with The Muse and I am sure there are many out there like me who, with their inhuman schedules and responsibilities, push creative writing to the back burner.
This group is for those deprived writers who need that little nudge to get them writing. If you accept this challenge, write 500 words every day and share your thoughts/opinions/experience with me in this thread.

You have to report daily. If you don’t, a user will DM you and ask why not. It might sound intimidating but having someone who checks up on your writing patterns is great help too.

WE’RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER! Details in the next post.

5 Likes

Details
What do I write?

• It can be anything! From a chapter for your ongoing Wattpad book to a string of incoherent, random, morbid thoughts- you are free to write absolutely anything as long as it is 500 words or more. The main goal is to sit in front of your journal/computer/phone and just get writing.

Who will keep tabs on me?

• You can interact with other users in this thread and partner with someone so you both have someone checking in with you every day. Or, you can ask me and I will either partner you with someone or do it myself.

How do I join?

• Simply comment “I am going to write 500 words every day so, hold me to it. My partner is xxxx (or) find me a partner, please.”

Whatever you’ve written, feel free to share it on here and get feedback! If it is an on-going book, you can also ask for feedback from me and other members. Note: no shameless self-promotion.

Lets keep this place a supportive, positive environment for creative writers and help each other grow, okay?

15 Likes

For every day you complete the challenge, a heart will appear by your name. Let’s get writing!

Participating Members:

15 Likes

Sounds interesting enough, but what if one can not do 500 words in a day? I’m just curious as I usually can do more then just that but some days a slightly harder to write as much as 3 words.

Ignore me down here, lest you want to see all the June dates together.

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th 12th 13th 14th 15th 16th 17th 18th 19th 20th 21st 22nd 23rd 24th 25th

3 Likes

That’s the whole point! No matter how hard it is to turn those cogs in your head, the challenge is to write 500 words just to break that block. If everyday we were able to spew 500 words, writing would be a breeze, wouldn’t it? The real challenge arises when you write even when you don’t want to or can’t.

1 Like

I’ve always liked challenges, and I do want to write every day again, with at least 500 words. Sounds good enough, count me in. Plus I’ll also be able to help encourage others when they need it.

I am going to write 500 words every day so, hold me to it. Find me a partner, please.

3 Likes

Me! What about me!

Awesome! You are the first participant and I am so happy! :smiley:

Hey! Would you like to take part in this challenge? If yes, just post the comment from the details and mention who you will be working alongside or if you need a partner.

1 Like

I am going to write 500 words every day so, hold me to it. Find me a partner, please.

Great! Your partner is going to be @StoryWritersNeverLie
I am also going to monitor your partnership. so once both of are done with 500 words, post it over here please! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m done writing 1740 words, acc. :sunglasses:

Wow, congrats. But was that before you accepted this challenge? If not, then you might want write 500 words. You can start the challenge from tomorrow, if you feel like you’ve written enough today.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to it and looks like there are two of us now haha Can’t wait for more people to come here which I’m sure it’ll pick up more later on.

@bidiyakdamian Glad to be partners with ya.

1 Like

I’m glad too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I am excited for this as well! You should know that your updates are not limited to be discussed only with your partner. I would love to hear you experience and challenges in this thread. If you feel like sharing those 500 words, please feel free to do so!

2 Likes

Alrighty, since we’re partners, how about we get to know the other genre better. Or works. Or future works. Maybe goals. I’m not sure haha

I’m in the middle of a few different works, which I’m hoping 500 (or more) a day will help me achieve and finish them sooner then months and months down the line. Right now, my goal is only to get up to 10 chapters on any stories that I have publish that are still only 3 or 4.

@_uzmii Of course, I’m hoping you don’t mind that I update here. I mean, I planned to show up to 500 (or less) of what I write each day. While I don’t expect feedback, I figured that it would interesting. Plus I do wish to see this thread as active as everyone else will seem to be.

Also, should there be odd numbers in the future, I can always do another partner, as encouraging them if they’re having trouble, and helping them won’t take too much of my time. besides, I’m usually stalking the forums anyways

1 Like

Hello I would like to participate

@StoryWritersNeverLie and @bidiyakdamian I think it’s a great idea to discuss what your goals for this month or a particular book are. Having someone to support you in your endeavors is very rare these days. Let’s do it!

1 Like

Welcome! There’s a comment in the details section that I would like you to post. :slight_smile: