The 500 Word Weekend Write-In Discussion Thread

Oh ja! Way in the north. The original novel was in Norwegian, too, but I listened to an audio version translated to English.

Just posted my “package” weekend write in, in Spun Again 2: “Troll Line.” I’m delving back into folktales from Norway this time.

I used to be like that for many years but now my lack of completion is not because of procrastinating but simply due to so many ideas and projects initiated. I am using the November thing as an excuse to do a lot more and hopefully clear some decks. The daily average is 1667 so taken over 30 days its not so bad. I write 2185 words yesterday and am currently on 2850 ish so only 484 short of remaining on track - going to see if I can do that now!

Not seeing anything yet. Are we back to the bad old days of last week?

Anyway, I’ve put mine up.

TWOOGLE REPORT for the November 2nd prompt “package”:

John Nedwell’s story “Handle With Care” is posted.
Joyce Holt has put up “Troll Line”.
Alternate Earth has posted “Island Care Packages” and
I found Jason at 16. Reaper (1979)

I found Chrissy Larsen’s story, “Words on Fire” in her “Scribbler at Work” volume.
Lamplighter’s Tale, “Package From America” can be found Here.
Oosomatsu waxes poetic with “Lao Tzu Was Right”
and my “package” story, Redemption" is now published.

I am wondering if I update this, will it show as a new message in the thread or keep it’s old place?

Anyway, just found an interesting story by Pier Le Rouge called, appropriately enough, “The Package”.
Lets welcome Pete back.

Hi All!
I just published the story titled “Package from America.” Enjoy.

Hi everyone, this weekend in a reply to a comment I wrote the phrase “buyer’s remorse” - no big deal.

Later, I thought book lovers might enjoy a story title like “Author’s Remorse” - stick with me.

Since then I’ve thought of 100 more. I now have a book titled “200 Free Book Titles” - my goal is 200.

Feel free to use any of the these titles. The genres are my opinion of where I think they would work best.

Most of the titles are short. Here’s an example of a rare, long one:

• You’ll Never Die from Too Much Red Wine or Dark Chocolate (romance)

(This one about red wine and dark chocolate was advice from my doctor. Now, she’s funny.)

Here’s Thomas: https://www.wattpad.com/story/166423818-redemption

Whatever happened to Chloe? I haven’t found it on Amazon yet. Have you published it? Man, I loved the cover! (ღ˘ᴗ˘ღ)

I may have to start back up after Nano, doing some Nano editing.

Thanks for remembering :slight_smile: She’s, ummm, resting. I only sent it out about four times to publishers, planning to use the now defunct Amazom Scout. One publisher loved it, except they were a romance house and wanted me to make a lot of romancy changes for their market. They were super helpful but we eventually parted ways as I didn’t really want it ending up in the romance section. Another publisher liked it, but said it wasn’t compelling enough, and knowing what I know now about writing (which isn’t much), I agreed that there were some slow parts that needed reworking. So, I took it off the market, and started working on a murder mystery, and also a 100 story compendium of the 500s, deciding that I would revisit Chloe after those, and hopefully with more experience to make it better. Sort of tortoise and the hare, except my tortoise is a snail. A sleepy snail.

Awwww. When you finally get it published, please announce it here, or yanno, somewhere. I only read maybe a third of it before WriteOn folded, and I imagine a lot of other people are waiting for it too. I wish I’d made a list of books from there to keep an eye out for. I’m waiting for Chloe, and for Jason to publish Kinky Dirty Filthy Smut, and for Dan Pullen to publish Jeremy. Darn, there were some others now that I’ve forgotten. (-᷅_-᷄๑)

Oh, oh. Sunday and still only three showing. Thank goodness for TWoogle.

This message brought to you by TWoogle, the rather selective search engine.

Thanks PW

This is a Re-Twoog of my earlier TWOOGLE REPORT.
I have just added an entry from @pierlerouge and thought you might miss it.
So here is the list, as I know it, right now:

John Nedwell’s story “Handle With Care” is posted.
Joyce Holt has put up “Troll Line”.
Alternate Earth has posted “Island Care Packages” and
I found Jason at 16. Reaper (1979)

I found Chrissy Larsen’s story, “Words on Fire” in her “Scribbler at Work” volume.
Lamplighter’s Tale, “Package From America” can be found Here.
Oosomatsu waxes poetic with “Lao Tzu Was Right”
and my “package” story, Redemption" is now published.

I am wondering if I update this, will it show as a new message in the thread or keep it’s old place?

Anyway, just found an interesting story by Pier Le Rouge called, appropriately enough, “The Package”.
Lets welcome Pete back.

@death_by_fanfic has published “Package - 11/3/18”

Hey, I don’t want to dilute your attention from this week’s prompt but I just found a story by RAM for last week’s food prompt. You might enjoy it. It is called Premature Balding, Head Scratching and Love."

I think we’re back to the bad old days. The number of stories showing up on the search went up to 5 today, then dropped back to 3.

I just posted mine. It should drop to two now.

Two stories enter! One story leaves!

Who run Storytown?

Downunder ‘it’s three o’clock in the morning’ and I see 6 - some hopefuls you mention have disappeared, and others must be waiting in the wings, or grown wings by now, or… ??
I’d shoulder the blame, except all this trouble and strife began well before I started to call WP - Wattsitsface.