The 500 Word Weekend Write-In Discussion Thread

The Wattpad app on my tablet won’t refresh so I can’t see any new stories, make comments or even access my stories. Not sure what’s going on with it.

Ah. Technology. What would we do without you.

The 500 word weekend write-in prompt for Nov 30 2018 is now available:

[The 500 Word Weekend Write-In]

500 words, with a new prompt every Friday. Everybody is welcome!

I’ll be a little late this weekend due to being busy. Mind you, I don’t think that matters any more. But it will give a little time to read up on some Marxist theory :slight_smile:

So to catch up with the prompts I have missed, I need to repeat a 500 word story about how the plans to steal a package of value were ruined. No problem.

@johnnedwill Not sure I understand. Do you want US to read up on Marxist theory?

Funnily enough, next week’s story is “Marxist”: Tell what happens when there is a Marxist. So you could just wait for that and have the Marxist steal the valuable package, twice.

Marxists, being marxists, don’t steal valuable packages. At least not in public. They appropriate them and share them with their fellow marxists.

That reminds me of a question. Was Alexander Dumas a marxist for writing “One for all and all for one” ??

Probably!

Latest story to be found in my BITE SIZE STORIES collection is THE CURRENCY OF ATTRACTION.

https://www.wattpad.com/user/JasonGreenfield

Nope. I’m going to have to read up on Marx. I know a couple of jokes about him. But, being Marx, they’re not as funny as my Stalin jokes,

Although, when you know the reason why Marx hung around with Engels is that Engels had money …

Property is theft. Therefore theft is property. Therefore, this is mine.
As is this story: Revolutionary Values

John brings VALUE to the masses with his story Revolutionary Values.

Jason brings us a glimpse of the future with his value-added APP: The Currency of Attraction.

Our own Craftee Lady asks us to understand the true value of an object. Is it monetary or in the memories it invokes? Decide for yourself with “Hidden Treasure” by Christine.

I see someone below shared a story by Joyce: “Tiny Wings.” I have already read it and can recommend it to you.

And I think Tyra has posted something. Yes, here it is.She has thrown in a new twist that adds to the tension.

Gonna try to move this further down in the queue.

You have funny Stalin jokes?

No he’s just stalin for time while he thinks some up. I however am hot to trotski on the Soviet pun side of things!

Groucho’s??

PS: Neddy said to tell you Christine’s ‘Hidden Treasure’ is there now.

Oh GROAN

Didn’t Marx say that “I’d never join a club that would have me as a member”?

That was Groucho. Better jokes and economics.

Anyway - Stalin goes to address a group of workers at a tractor factory. As he is exhorting the workers to storm the production quota and fulfill the Five Year Plan, there is a sudden outbreak of coughing. As it subsides, Stalin glares at the gathered workers and demands, “Who coughed?”

There is silence.

Stalk; turns to Beria and tells him, “Finf out who coughed.”

“Right away,” says Beria, who sets the NKVD on the job. The hall is sealed, and workers dragged off to be interrogated. After six hours (!), half of the factory workers have been arrest3d for counter-revolutionary activities, there have been a number of ‘suicides’ and the factory manager has been dragged off to an insane asylum - but the NKVD have their man. A dishevelled looking individual, with two black eyes, is dragged in front of Stalin.

“This is the man,” says Beria.

Stalin nods and turns to the prisoner. “That was a very nasty cough comrade. You need to get it seen to. I”ll get my chauffeur to take you to hospital.”

Well, there ya go. That Stalin always cared for the little people.

@JasonGreenfield was wrong, you weren’t stalin, you were timing the crowd.