The 500 Word Weekend Write-In Discussion Thread

This is so tiresome and tiring - Upover Google shows TWoogle somewhere?

There are many young [and old] pretenders, but only ONE TWoogle down here.

Even took off my rose-tinted specs [and my Dame Edna ones, and my heart ones with no glass, too] and put on my sensible and super-duper 'puter ones and there IS STILL NO TWoogle

Now shh… pretty brittie - just take my word for it and go make a prompt. It’ll be lunchtime here in an hour or so, and it ain’t food we writerly folk crave. And it’s boiling hot outside and our dear old stone home is cool as… Perfect excuse to stay inside and write. So??

This is just some of them! Have we unearthed a down-under conspiracy? Do you have the “don’t show adult content or twoogle” flag set?

The 500 word weekend write-in prompt for Jan 11 2019 is now available:

[The 500 Word Weekend Write-In]

500 words, with a new prompt every Friday. Everybody is welcome!

What has it got in its pockets? What has it got in its pockets, my precioussss?

A bit of string, or empty, my precious?

My great-great-great-great-great-great-grampa stars in my tale in the dale. Him and his two lovely ladies… “Waste Away” in Spun Again 2
Right!

Thankee most kindly for the prompt, good sir…
BUT -
I see everyone of those most colourful entries on my decrepit Downunder Google
BUT -
not ONE of them have the first two letters in CAPS and the rest of the name in lowercase…
which means the rest are paltry Pretenders, not worthy of the crown.
And hereinbeforetosaidandsosayallofus, I rest my case.

PS: Joycie’s being coy - it’s here - Waste Away

PPS: Christine’s not being the slightest bit coy [how surprising!] - here’s hers -
Grandpa says…

Good morning all, I hope you are well.

Spooky thing happened last night. Scribbler had just written a piece for her ‘Tides of Sorrow’ story which eerily ended up being just right for this week’s prompt. Regrettably it is a tad longer (again!) than the specified parameters, but here it is if you would like a peek.
https://www.wattpad.com/679626116-the-gateway-24-awake-from-tides-of-sorrow-prompt

Well, It is obvious, with sooooo many twoogles, my work here is done!

The prompt for this weekend obviously struck a chord. My response contains a pretty big slice of auto-biography.

I’ve added it to a new collection on my profile called ‘Points of Light’. I’ll use that just for Weekend Write In flash.

My friend has been a bit envious of other participants being able to craft stories from already existing tales. My friend feels that they have been able to accomplish this for once with their story “Tom Boy,” found here:

https://www.wattpad.com/story/168182827-tom-boy

My friend thinks that you should read the 52-word “Redacted Author’s Notes,” before going on to the first chapter titled: “Top Secret.” The author’s notes and “Top Secret” add up to 500 words. Oh, joy.

My friend’s story both concerns “being in the right,” and the political right. Also, my friend did remember, and so went back in, to add the tags “weekendwritein” and “right” - y’know, the correct thing to do. :slight_smile:

Phew- mammoth read session, I think I’m all caught up now. :slight_smile: Thanks writers for lighting up my brain.

Hey, hows your writing going?

NO-o-o-o-o-o TWoogle!
Was your spirit of adventure dashed upon the rocks?
Cured like an over-done Old Salt?
Or is a bit of ego-stroking called for?
Pur-r-r-lease do NOT desert us in our hour of need.
I came to praise TWoogle, NOT to bury him!!

Well, here’s my story: In the Driving Seat

Well, I’m plodding along and thoroughly enjoying myself. Will you be prompted to share some stories too?

Thanks for stopping by to read and vote on mine. I enjoyed yours, gave me a proper chuckle at the end.

Isn’t sharing stories not allowed in a thread, what do you mean by 'share story’s?

We all have friends whose prose we like share

Even if some of them are fictional friends :slight_smile: The problem we are having is the WattPad (WP) tags aren’t working in the tag search (#weekendwritein #right this week). It should take a couple of minutes for a story to appear, but they are currently taking over two weeks, so we have no other way to have people find the stories, other than publishing links for each other in this thread (that is allowed). WP is aware of the issue and is working on it.