The 500 Word Weekend Write-In Discussion Thread

I appreciate you compiling this list, as I plan on using it. Maybe two prompts for the same chapter.

16 stories showing today! Haven’t seen that for a while.

@mediocrebrit, I only see 15 from the view on this side of the pond. Is it possible I am missing a story from the majesticBrit?

Come on in! There aren’t many “things” to bump into. The basic rule is, be nice. After that, have fun! With 500 words being a target you might or might not hit. No one cares.

I popped over to google, found that “drabble” is exactly the thing we do here… except times five. (Drabble aims at 100 words) We don’t bite, so come on out into the open, @EPrescott! Or not. The shadows can be comfy. :slight_smile:

Obviously I wrote this response before reading the rest of the chat string. (Been out of commission with a whopper of a migraine)

Thanks for your warm welcome <3 <3

P/S: The shadows is my home :relieved: Finally able to get out of the house and socialize is a feat.

I’m catching up on the last few days’ chat and laughing at/with these wacky folks from around the world. I’m lucky to have them for friends! Good place to hang around.

Nothing from me this week. Brain failed to engage and make it so.

So, you’re saying your brain STOPped?

:laughing:

My brain stopped years ago. I’m renting this one. I think the previous owner had writer’s block.

And right now I just hear Graham Chapman screeching, “New brain?”

The 500 word weekend write-in prompt for Apr 12 2019 is now available:

[The 500 Word Weekend Write-In]

500 words, with a new prompt every Friday. Everybody is welcome!

Favorite? Or favourite? That pesky “u”!

From the mythology of the Alsea tribe among the Pacific Northwest Indians, here is a legend spun my own way to add to my growing anthology:“One Eye,” in Tales From the Sasquatch Coast

I was just showing off that I’m multilingual.

I’ve returned to my superhero tale concerning She-Hulk, the green, seven-foot tall, superhero / lawyer:

“Distraction, Distraction, What’s Your Function?”

Careful, or we’ll have to send the Spelling Police over!

I offer everyone the most fabulous poem ever for the prompt of “favourite” [sic]: Spelling

Switched to high-test this morning (Folgers 1850 if you are interested) and managed to come up with another five hundred words about the Tomorrow App. So here is my favorite, “The Tomorrow App - The Metrics”

For this week: Favourites