Welcome to The Chuck Taylors (a writer networking space.) This is a space to trade and share information on craft and marketing. It doesn’t matter where you are on your writing journey, we’re all here to support and help each other grow. Topics usually concern but are not limited to the following:
- Self/Indie, Hybrid, and Traditional publishing.
- The writing process.
- Taking/signing contracts.
- Building an audience.
- Serialising and content monetization.
Don’t be afraid to hop in! It doesn’t matter where you’re at in your writing journey.
- Preferred pronouns:
- Genres you write:
- Where you plan to take your writing journey:
Also, take a look at the #4 post to check the topic for the day if you’d like to jump-start a conversation.
- This is a focused discussion thread, please try and stay on topic. If you’re new, try introducing yourself, replying to the daily topic, or squeezing your voice into a current conversation after introducing yourself!
- As per the rules of the Improve your writing section, asking for critiques, mentoring or feedback is not allowed on this thread. It is a thread for craft, networking, and marketing discussions. You can go here if you’re looking for someone to give you feedback. I will have to ask repeat offenders to leave, or I will have to report them to a mod.
- This thread is not for excessive venting or complaining. If you would like a space to do that, go here.
- This thread is inclusive. There will be marginalized authors who will speak about their marginalization. This is a safe place to do so and I would like to ask people to refrain from posting comments that are hateful/discriminatory in nature. If discussions like this upset you or make you uncomfortable, please refrain from engaging here.
- We understand that some people would just like to lurk and read (and that’s okay!), but we ask that they should understand how jarring it is to hop into conversations like they know people. You might know people from lurking, but they don’t know you and we do want to get to know you. So please introduce yourself!
- A reminder that this is a public space and that people see what you post here. This is quite a visible thread. Only post things you would not be ashamed of defending later.
- A lot of wattpad stars, industry insiders and popular writers post on this thread, yes, but it’s for anyone regardless of their position in their writing journey. We just ask that you respect this space for what it is: one for discussing craft and marketing. Though, if you have specific questions for these users, feel free to ask them.
- Be excellent to each other! Collaboration, not competition, is what makes writers strong.
Other Recommended Threads.
Open Novella Contest Hype and Support Team
Capital B: A thread for Black Creatives (Writers, Artists, etc)
COOL TRASH (5.0): Open Novella Contest Edition/General Writing Support Thread.
LGBT+ Writer’s Group!
✏ The Writing Marathon ✏
ACCOMPLISHMENTS! - 12
The 500 Word Weekend Write-In Discussion Thread
Struggling Writers High Five Hangout: Ask, Rant, Encourage etc
Chat Thread For Undiscovered and Self-deprecating Writers #8
New undiscovered writers, we gotta support each other, help each other and maybe befriend each other along the way?
@authorhlumelo @AWFrasier @rosemaryandrue @KR_Williams @ProjectPr1de @thatCalamity @ccstarfield @lesserknown1 @yvesdot @Groovy_Jedi @MakaylaSophia @Olivaughn @JuliaLundstrom @Poindexter @MMicheleWilly @glynfrans @Loutka @ccstarfield @CeeMTaylor @yvesdot @LailaLiliana @SmokeAndOranges @astrophile @clizbethh @HeartfullyYours @MaskedParkers @AdriaCimino @floranocturna @billytypes @solorzanowriter @Dear_Rhian @indigosa @Spruce_Goose @AuthorishNicole @EdenY @prosenpoetry @LanaJoKing @KGBuchanan @LuliWrites @VoidSweetgurl
*Ask to be added to the tag list.