🌱 The Great Healthy Thread 🌿

LET’S GO HEALTHY
TOGETHER

Hi, everyone!

So, I figured I’m not the only one and we all have some objectives to live a healthier life. We all wish we’d eat better, exercise more, have a better sleeping schedule… It can really be anything! Quit smoking, lower the input of alcohol, walk 1k steps every day, drink less coffee… I know we all wish we were treating our body more like the temple that it is.

As they say, there is strength in number, and I feel like if we support each other in our endeavor to a better way of life, we might succeed together. That’s the objective of this thread. To support each other, and share with everyone our little successes and milestones!

As much as I wished I could include mental health in here, I am not willing to take risks with us possibly misguiding some people, since we aren’t professionals. So we’ll exclusively remain on the physical aspect of health. If you wish to talk about your mental health, depression, or anything, there are plenty of appropriate resources out there, and we can maybe guide you to those if you want. I know of a certain bunny nurse who’s great at this!

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

This thread is open to everyone!

You can be a resident poster, or just a stranger passing by, don’t hesitate to come and say hi, or share with us your recent accomplishments! Everyone is welcomed, and this is a judgment-free zone! There are no bad objectives, even if you just want to lose one pound, be able to succesfully do a push-up, sleep 10 more minutes per night… Every one matters.

Do not hesitate to share with us healthy recipes you’ve enjoyed, workout routines that are bomb, techniques you’ve come across to quit drinking/smoking… I’ll try to keep it all organised in the following posts, so that everyone can have an easy access to those!

It isn’t army enrollement, and if you wish to participate, you don’t absolutely have to stick to your engagement. We know that there is the desire to improve, and then the realities of life that won’t always alow it. All that matters is that you are willing to try, and that you are doing the first step!

For the ones who mostly want to be a part of the community, and drop to check on us now and then, I can add your OBJECTIVES, so that we know what you’d wish to improve. This sections doesn’t entail much follow up, but stil makes you one of us.

For the ones who want to get invested in this thread, there is a GOAL section, where you can state what you want to do better each week/month, and keep track of your rigor!

MAIN RULE:
RESPECT EVERYONE

Like I stated earlier, this is a judgment-free thread. There will be no fat-shaming, skinny-shaming, judging people’s lifestyles… No, no, and no. This won’t be tolerated, under any circumstance.

You don’t know people’s lives, and you don’t know how it may impact them, even if some things might sound trivial to you, they might be important or problematic to them. So everyone keeps it nice.

This is to become a supportive community, and we are here to help each other out, in our quest to live a long and healthy life. If you feel like you’ve been doing good, but are starting to slip up, don’t hesitate to come and chat, and we’ll motivate you right back up!

Many of us aren’t expert in any of this, but after spending some time on the forums, I know that a lot of users are some of the most empathic, gentle, and kind people I’ve encountered, so don’t hesitate to ask for advices, motivational speaches, comfort… We’re here for you!

FRIENDLY PARTICIPANTS

Here are the good peeps who are enjoying this thread and willing to drop by now and then for some advice, chat, comfort…

LigerCat • Nablai • Spider-Hawk • LittleMinx94 • aneonsky • houseofmirrors • Shagya • AspenandMontana • NymTonks1

OBJECTIVE BOARD

EXERCISE MORE
Here are the people who plan on exercising, working out, and/or having a physical activity, in order to get healthier:

DarlaCassic - Go thrice a week to the gym
Spider-Hawk - More strength-building exercise
houseofmirrors - Start exercising again
Nablai - Join kung-fu class in October
ilianasarigo - Exercise for a chunk of time every day
LittleMinx94 - Exercise a little every day
Shagya - Exercise more

LOSE/GAIN WEIGHT
Here are the people whose objective is to either lose or gain weight, in order to get a healthier body (not that there’s something wrong with the current one):

DarlaCassic
Shagya - Lose 5kg

EAT BETTER
It’s an international truth, we all wish we’d take more time to cook or eat better products. Here are the people who are trying to improve their diets, by eating better food:

DarlaCassic - Drink 1.5 litre of water per day, have more home-cooked meals
LigerCat
Shagya - Eat more vegetables and fruits (2 portions of each/day)
LanaJoKing - Eat less sugar and carbs

QUIT A BAD HABIT
This is the category for the ones who want to quit smoking, caffeine, alcohol, candies, eating meat…

aneonsky - Drink less coffee

HAVE A BETTER
LIFE RHYTHM

Those people want to sort their schedule out, and have a better balance between sleeping and being awake, homework and partying, duties and hobbies…

Spider-Hawk - More sleep
aneonsky - Better sleeping schedule
Nablai - Find more time for hobbies, and keep a healthy balance between her life and Wattpad

4 Likes

RESOURCES

WORKOUTS
Share with us pilates videos, intelligent apps, funny activities, underground sports, etc… that you find are a great way to get more involved in exercising!

The Fitness Marshall is a youtube channel that does amazing dance workout routines! They are also into body positivity, which is always a great plus!
REFITREV is an awesome Youtube channel that also does dance workout routines, with great energy and easy choregraphies to follow!
Inflexible Yogis is a pretty awesome instagram account that teaches yoga positions and what positions will work with certain muscles. They also have a pretty positive mindset about learning.

HEALTHY RECIPES
If you have a recipe that you tried and loved, or that you’ve been doing for a while, and it is deemed ‘healthy’ (low fat, veggies, good meats, superfoods…) don’t hesitate to share them! It’s hard to always come up with new things to eat, and having a list to pick from will surely help out! Also, feel free to post pics on the thread!

GENERAL RECIPES

VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN

DAIRY/GLUTEN FREE

HELP TO STAY STRONG
Quiting a bad habit can be incredibly hard, and there are plenty of external resources out there that might be able to help you out! If you have a magic technique, or have stumbled upon an article to help people not crave nicotine, drink less when at parties, give up gummy bears, please do share!

EXTRA STUFF
If you guys come up with things that don’t fit in those catergories, but still belong to the thread, they’ll go here!

Code Check helps you find out what exactly you’re buying, by scanning the bar code of the products!

6 Likes

THIS SECTION ISN’T OPEN YET, BUT YOU CAN ASK TO BE ADDED TO THE TAG LIST, IN ORDER TO JOIN AS SOON AS IT STARTS

GOALS

HOW IT WORKS
Every week and month, you’ll be able to set some goals for yourself. It can be anything you want, as long as it fits into the spirit of the thread.

EXAMPLES:

WEEK:
Darla wants to drink 1.5 litre of water everyday, eat less than half of a chocolate bar, and exercise for 3 separate hours.
MONTH: Darla wants to lose 4 pounds, and not feel like she’s paying her gym membership for nothing.

If Darla moves her butt and manages to fill her goals, she validates her week/month, and gets a nice check mark (✓) on the board. If she doesn’t, and fails, all she gets is a cross (✗). There won’t be any punishment if you fail, but I’ll try to think of a way to reward those who validate their month or have four consecutive weeks checked!

For now, if you are interested, I can offer you a coded post to advertise your book in the SYS section. Find out more about this HERE!

TAG LIST
Here, the ones interested in participating to the monthly and weekly goals will be tagged, in order for me to keep track of everyone, and have an easy access to them!

@DarlaCassic
@AspenandMontana
@houseofmirrors
@NymTonks1
@LittleMinx94
@Shagya
@LigerCat

CURRENT WEEK GOALS
WEEK N°?
DarlaCassic wants to drink 1.5 litre of water everyday, eat less than half of a chocolate bar, and exercise for 3 separate hours.
AspenandMontana wants to ride her horse or go on a walk once
Nablai wants to find time for things she’s been postponing

CURRENT MONTH GOALS
MONTH 9
DarlaCassic wants to lose 4 pounds, and not feel like she’s paying her gym membership for nothing.

GOALS LOG

✓: Nailed the month/week
✗: Failed the month/week
Nothing: didn’t participate to the month/week

WEEKLY GOALS

Username •37• •38• •39• •40• •41• •42• •43• •44• •45• •46• •47•
DarlaCassic
Participant 2
Participant 3
Participant 4
Participant 5
Participant 6
Participant 7
Participant 8
Participant 9
Participant 10

MONTHLY GOALS

Username •Sept• •Oct• •Nov• •Dec• •Jan• •Feb•
DarlaCassic
Participant 2
Participant 3
Participant 4
Participant 5
Participant 6
Participant 7
Participant 8
Participant 9
Participant 10

3 Likes

Drop here what
you want me to
add up there!

I am a little bit of a control freak, also the code can be very complicated to navigate, so I’ll be handling the adding and removing of the stuff up in the first 4 posts. However, you can use this Wiki post to tell me whatever you want me to add to the main posts. Links, tips, your tag, your milestones… Go for it!

Write down what you want added, and where you want it, on one of those spots:

○ Can you please add me for the weekly goals: I’d like to complete beta-reading and reviews of two stories this week :slight_smile: I’ve been procrastinating since two months…

If I get way behind and there isn’t any spot left, feel free to add some!

8 Likes

This is a beautiful thread and an equally wonderful initiative. :+1:

4 Likes

Oh, thank you so much!

I’ve been trying to find a supporting community, because getting healthy isn’t as easy as is sounds, and I thought that many others here might actually be searching for the same thing, so I took the leap! :smiley:

1 Like

I try to life rather healthy and I train two times the week for 1.5 hour.
I also do 30 push-ups every day and try to eat healthily and do more sports.

I actually stumbled across a really helpful app: It’s called code check and if you scan the bar code of a product, it tells you how much fat, sugar, salt etc it contains.

1 Like

I love this! I’m huge on working out and cooking healthy!
rn i’m just gymming twice a week but once or twice a week I’ll try to do this guy on YouTube, Fitness Marshall. He does those dance/workout videos that just make you sweat after two dances and it’s super easy to follow.

1 Like

It sounds like a great app! I’ll see if I can find a good link to add it to the list!

Maybe this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.ethz.im.codecheck&hl=de

or are you looking for some other kind of link?

1 Like

I added a link to their general website, since some people may also be on iOS, or other operating system! But that’s exactly the kind of app I wanted to add! :wink:

1 Like

Little suns in the title drew me in :sunny:

1 Like

Added! It looks great, I think I’ll try a few of those today x’)

Hi, Theo :heart:

2 Likes

Hii.
It’s a beautiful thing you’re starting here! :sunny:
I’ll consider joining :blush:

1 Like

Oh gosh, that looks a hella exhausting. :woman_facepalming: :joy:

1 Like

With great pleasure! :wink:

1 Like

It is! But it’s just so fun that even if you’re dying you still want to do it :joy::joy:

1 Like

:joy: That’s probably true, the guy is hilarious. :joy:

2 Likes

:eyes: I probably need to eat healthier.

1 Like