The Hackathon Results

The Wattpad Hackathon closes. As per always, the Hackathon is highly experimental, and generally results in us testing concepts and building super flimsy versions that barely work. Most teams go up to present on nothing but hope that the demo won’t collapse.

What I mean to say is that it’s more about concepts, teamwork, and exploration than it is about actually building something. So if everyone was hoping we were an inch away from location-based reading or undiscovered queue because it got tested, sorry.

Instead, we have a whole bunch of highlights and memes:

• The winning teams involved pushing for creative ways to solve accessibility problems for users, evolving our comment functions and exploring community creation, and looking to see just how hard some of the top requests would be to do (short answer: very hard)
  • Somebody created an interactive story in which you play as the CEO, Allen. Also, it was a love story…
  • We (fake) heat-mapped readers but felt really weird around location data, like super weird about it, it’s really hard sometimes with ideas that are great (helping form communities locally, yay!) with concepts that have many negative uses (collecting and disseminating location data, boo)
  • We tried to explore anti-spam but then it opens a whole door of penalizing normal people
  • We opened the door on reviews and were reminded how positive we are as basically everyone asked for some restrictions or systems that keep it positive

Also, this is our reaction gif to having an idea be called DOPE by a user:
|406px;x540px;

@calmwolf

2 Likes

Thank you for the tag! It was fun to see more HQ members around (though Nick remains our Supreme Goat Lord–* confusion* XD… former… uhh well then :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

He conceded to the poll :joy:

Tbh I want really expecting that.

4 Likes

I may be getting old in my early twenties, but the slangs back in my teenage days were way DOPE than DOPE.

I’ll see myself out.

2 Likes

Ikr, im disappointed he gave it up so easily XD

1 Like

Whoa, whoa, whoa, back up… NICK DID WHAT?!

This is my punishment for not keeping up with the hackathon.

4 Likes

Look at his name, the title

2 Likes

I saw that, but why? What happened?!

2 Likes

He lost his title to minx. The new goat queen.

In this thread

4 Likes

Wow. Thanks for the link.

I’m disappointment that Minx doesn’t have a title to go with it.

4 Likes

WAIT WHAT

1 Like

gonna have to keep up

9 Likes

“That Of The In Between” interesting… :eyes:

3 Likes

That hurts, Nick. Even though it’s 100% true, I’m always behind.

2 Likes

Also, Minx has a title now. :eyes: Is that because I pointed it out?

I am having a giggling fit.

6 Likes

dying

2 Likes

*confusion * :eyes: Did we just lose a Lord of WP :joy:

3 Likes

He is now… something else… something more… :eye:

2 Likes

What is this “Phone Caller of Supreme Goat Lord” Phone caller??? Whattt

3 Likes