The Sun Temple

Once upon a time...

Once upon a time there was a Sun Goddess.
She was young and beautiful and in love. The Sun never shined so bright, the skies were never so clear before.
The oceans were never so calm either.
Because an Ocean God was in love too.

Every day, at sunset, they would meet at the horizon, were the sun kissed the ocean. They would talk and laugh all night long, and then she would disappear with the dawn.
Oh how they wished the night could last. So she could stay in his arms a bit longer. So he could tell her stories of the seas a bit longer.

But both knew it was impossible, each had their responsibilities.
The sun would not shine without her and the ocean life would die without him. So every dawn, they would part with a promise to see each other again that night.

They both lived for those nights together. Their love was so magnificent and powerful. Oh what a feeling. To love and to be loved.
But it was overwhelming.
It consumed them both. They were completely lost in that feeling of warmth and belonging that they forgot about everything else.
Emerged in that feeling, they let the world around them fall apart.

The sun scorched the ground, the oceans swallowed the land. Everything was out of control.
Fires burned everything in their way, leaving only devastation. Then the floods replaced the fires, destroying everything that was left. But it wasn’t long before fires came back to claim the lands again.
They took turns, one catastrophe after the other.
But the gods didn’t care. They were too enthralled with each other. Nothing beside them existed.

Her honey eyes kept him mesmerized. The way her long golden hair fell around her bare shoulders drove him mad. Her soft, sun-kissed skin stayed in his mind long after the sun climbed to the sky and she along with it.

And the Ocean God? He was a mystery. His ocean blue eyes held so many secrets and the Goddess wanted to know them all. She was drawn by his charm and sweet words, but she stayed because of his kind heart. His love was so selfless and pure.
Oh but the world burned because of it. They were not good for each other.
And so their love had to come to an end.

Maybe they were right for each other. Maybe the way they were drawn to each other wasn’t unintentional. Maybe their love was special, maybe they’ll never find such love again. But it didn’t matter now. As long as the world burned because of them, as long as they burned along with it, it was impossible. They had to part ways. For good.

He went back to the depths of the ocean where he would fix the mess he made and find happiness again.
She went back to her sun temple where she would stay and find peace.

She would not regret those long nights she spend in his arms. She would not forget the stories of the seas. Or his voice. Or his smile.
But she would not look back at the horizon, were the sun kissed the ocean.
Because she was young and beautiful. And in love.

7 Likes

:sunny:

3 Likes
Children
You name it. xD (Maria) Maria died at the age of 61! A horde of goblins got them.
You suck at names You suck at names died at the age of 10! The Catholic Church got them…
Maximilian Maximilian died at the age of 1! They have finally decided to move out after all these years, but couldn’t survive a second alone.
Kitty Kitty died at the age of 115! While exploring the forest, they have gotten lost.
Theodora Theodora died at the age of 8! A horde of goblins got them.
Sardonia Sardonia died at the age of 0! They died of loneliness.
Elsa Elsa died at the age of 3! They have been abducted by aliens!
Elsa Elsa died at the age of 3! They have been abducted by aliens!
Snowflake Snowflake died at the age of 14! They died of loneliness.
Nathaniel Nathaniel died at the age of 6! The unbearable pain of stepping on a Lego© brick killed them.
Josh Josh died at the age of 18! The Catholic Church got them…
Sophie Sophie died at the age of 11! They have finally decided to move out after all these years, but couldn’t survive a second alone.
Helena Helena died at the age of 40! While exploring the forest, they have gotten lost.
Jordania Jordania died at the age of 8! A horde of goblins got them.
Min Min died at the age of 13! A horde of goblins got them.
Mark Mark died at the age of 43! The unbearable pain of stepping on a Lego© brick killed them.
Roselia Roselia died at the age of 8! The unbearable pain of stepping on a Lego© brick killed them.
Annelle Annelle died at the age of 9! They’ve died of age.
Alice Alice died at the age of 32! You heard a landmine going off nearby…
Yellow Yellow died at the age of 27! The unbearable pain of stepping on a Lego© brick killed them.
Yellow Yellow died at the age of 27! The unbearable pain of stepping on a Lego© brick killed them.
Killian Killian died at the age of 27! A horde of goblins got them.
Lucas Lucas died at the age of 38! They died of loneliness.
Pluto Pluto died at the age of 5! They’ve left through a portal into another dimension…
Celeste Celeste died at the age of 1! The unbearable pain of stepping on a Lego© brick killed them.
Marc Marc died at the age of 5! They died of lovesickness…
Soren Soren died at the age of 4! They have finally decided to move out after all these years, but couldn’t survive a second alone.
Callista Callista died at the age of 2! The unbearable pain of stepping on a Lego© brick killed them.
Sam Sam died at the age of 0! They died because of a shampoo overdose!
Josh 2.0 Josh 2.0 died at the age of 2! They have finally decided to move out after all these years, but couldn’t survive a second alone.
Orion Orion died at the age of 6! They died of lovesickness…
Sarai Sarai died at the age of 7! Spontaneous combustion removed them from existence.
Panda Panda died at the age of 39! You heard a landmine going off nearby…
Gabriel Gabriel died at the age of 1! They died of loneliness.
Ryan Ryan died at the age of 4! The unbearable pain of stepping on a Lego© brick killed them.
Olaf -
Kyora Kyora died at the age of 5! Spontaneous combustion removed them from existence.
Tierno Tierno died at the age of 15! They have been abducted by aliens!
4 Likes

Number of “Wiki Editor” badges since October 2019:
|||||

Suns!

Suns!

Suns!

Suns!

2 Likes

@JJJ000YYY

2 Likes

Can I post now? o^o

2 Likes