The Unofficial Poetry Community Of Wattpad

From ‘Why does no one talk about poetry?’ to ‘This is where we talk about poetry’, this thread has undergone so many changes.

I am so happy to see the community that we have grown into. Sharing our thoughts and advising each other, building and improving our work day by day, it’s amazing.

So many of the poets have kept this thread alive and thriving. So many of you have enriched this thread with lively discussions and poetry. I hope this never ends. That many new poets join us and we grow even more. Remember,

So, people, poets, I take pride in announcing us the ‘The Unofficial Poetry Community Of Wattpad’.

Let the saga continue…

45 Likes

There is of course the #genre-clubs:poetry but most threads haven’t been active in a while… You could check out this thread that’s been the most active, but there are also societies like this one!

But yes, I agree: where are all the poets at?

what are you writing currently? Do you like publishing your poems or do you get really nervous of being vulnerable? I have the last issue…

13 Likes

shrugs

2 Likes

I checked many poetry threads but either they are inactive or people are not frequent…It’s infuriating.

3 Likes

this is not right…

1 Like

Between do you read or write poetry?

Hi there :raising_hand_woman:t2:‍♀, poetry lover here.

3 Likes

Also, I am working on a book of poetry. I have published five. I use to be vulnerable for sharing my poems, but I guess I feel more comfortable in sharing them noe. specially when I find people who could relate to it.

5 Likes

Hey, and welcome. So, do you write or read poetry?

Hi, thank you. :smile: Both really, but I haven’t been very good with writing poetry lately. What about you?

Well I write stories mostly, but poetry for me is a good way of venting or sorting through my emotions. what kind of poetry do you like?

1 Like

I’ve written some, but it’s a bit on the back burner now that I’m focusing more on my novel. But poetry still very much interests me! I also believe it’s made me a better writer and I can be so mesmerized sometimes by the way some people use words to show emotions in a completely different and unique way…

1 Like

That makes sense. I started off with poetry on WP but I recently actually started writing my first book that isn’t poetry (English isn’t my first language so I was a bit obnoxious about it tbh). I like lots of different stuff really. What about you? :smiley:

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more. I think it is easier to pour your soul in prose while hiding the true emotions in symbolism if you want to. I usually write a poem if I am overwhelmed. It provides for a good getaway.

2 Likes

Well, I am reader. Be it poetry, short story or a novel. If it is good, I will devour it.

I have the 2nd issue too. I write poems mostly when I’m depressed and the emotions are raw. I’m not comfortable putting those emotions on display

2 Likes

I understand where you are coming from. I too tend to do that and not until recently I would post my poetry anywhere. But from a friend’s encouragement I did and found that people could relate to my words. It felt nice.

1 Like

I’m glad you developed the courage to put your feelings out there. Hopefully I’ll be able to do that too someday

1 Like

Good luck. I hope you do too…

1 Like

Same here :ok_hand: I just posted my first ongoing poetry collection about giving a voice to the hard times I’ve gone through

1 Like