✏ The Writing Marathon ✏

The Writing Marathon

It’s a new year and a new thread runner! This thread was originally made by the amazing @astrophile (design credit also goes to them) and has been taken over by me! Supreme dark lord bunny @JJJ000YYY!!!

This is a group for struggling writers to support each other. You don’t have to join if you want to come here for word wars and fun chats tho!

Every week, we will aim to write at least one chapter.

We’ll do word wars and sprints and try to write.

Caution: You may witness writers screaming about writing. You have been warned.

Rules

1. Please fill out the form below if you wish to join.
  2. Be a good human being.
  3. If you don’t report on the spreadsheet for a month, we’ll tag you and check up on you.
  4. Don’t be a third derivative.
  5. Tag if you have questions!
  6. The more you participate, the more you get out of this!

Form

Username:
Pen Name:
Current Chapter Count:
Book Title:
Genre: (optional)
Brief Synopsis: (optional)
Are you committed to writing a chapter a week? (yes/no)

27 Likes

We will report all of our progress on this spreadsheet!

Don’t know what week it is? Check this link!

https://www.epochconverter.com/weeks/2020

12 Likes

Participant Taglist

@Aeralys @Abigail_Joanna @AliceBarnes @Alpha_Wolf_Spirt @alteller @AlexaHollen2 @animekpopgeek @astrophile @Athevnas @ayanna-was-here @bffhiz111 @bings2004 @Bookworm_Love4me @bonbons244 @chicken_sunrise @copyedit @cvibe-originals @dark-brohood @DinaHusseini84 @Dream_Yellow @dreamermin36 @draiochtan @Em_Rights @ecclestonfan1 @FadeinBlue @fennawinters @houseofmirrors @indigosa @JJJ000YYY @JojoDahlia1 @Kgirldc @kissesandtells @Kitascious @laer4554 @LanaJoKing @LigerCat @liliavoir @lst-my-shp-sil @maelstrom_99 @mariahjuliette @mmbonilla8 @ModernWaterRider @nablai @Nambrosia @Oblivionyx @0jamajo @olivereads14 @OliverNoctis @orangej00s @Probabilities @prosenpoetry @sailormoonshua @salemkeating @sammurphy3 @sarakbeeksma @Shagya @shiningideal @Shrumplings @softyhartz @Spider-Hawk @stormborn676 @swag_gerism @TheSabineGolde @TinoTheWriter @tiyashidas123 @TotobaggiesSeagulls @Wocalich @WriterAnimated @zellakay

22 Likes

Word War Taglist

Add yourself below if you’d like to be notified of any future word wars. Be prepared to be tagged a lot.

*Reminder that quoting the tags doesn’t work and you have to copy and paste the list!

@JJJ000YYY @ModernWaterRider @WriterAnimated @Nablai @XiaoDaCunha @lst-my-shp-sil @OliverNoctis @roleplaygirl005 @dark-brohood @JojoDahlia1 @copyedit @kissesandtells @Risu_Tsuki @prosenpoetry @liliavoir @keepfaithbaby @animekpopgeek @LigerCat @ZellaKay @Shrumplings @cvibe-originals @caspianrhodes @dreamermin36 @bocalavendar @Heartsxs2 @dumplingbabe @_aena13 @Manya707 @Bloodstained_Flower @swag_gerism @stars_of_anarchy

16 Likes

FAQ

4 Likes

Writer Resources

4 Likes

New yearrrrrrrrr

4 Likes

HAPPY NEW YEAR LOVE THIS POST!!
Username: @DinaHusseini84
Pen Name: No Pen Name
Current Chapter Count: 5 Chapters. This is a novel that’s not on WATTPAD.
Book Title: My Last Breath
Genre: (optional) Not Sure yet, but I think its Romance Suspense
Brief Synopsis: (optional) MY name is Davina Dwain and someone killed me, but who?
Are you committed to writing a chapter a week? (yes/no) I already finished 2 chapters since last night lol so yeah I guess.

4 Likes

Sweet, welcome. Make sure to check out the spreadsheet and add your book! That way you can check out your progress

2 Likes

Yay! I’m so excited to write in 2020! Let’s get those words down. We got this! :wink:

3 Likes

Also for those from the old thread, this is a new spreadsheet for the new year so make sure you add yourselves!

2 Likes

Username: @Aeralys
Pen Name: n/a
Current Chapter Count: 4.5
Book Title: Voidcrypt
Genre: Fantasy
Brief Synopsis: A girl is taken into an alternate dimension in order to save her homeworld from destruction
Are you committed to writing a chapter a week? YES!!

3 Likes

Welcome! Please make sure to fill out the spreadsheet~

3 Likes

@JJJ000YYY What should I do? I don’t have an ongoing story. O.o. I can write short stories. Maybe three per week. I write on day one, revise, rewrite on day 2. How’s that?

PS. I’m glad you measure by chapters, since I intend to write long hand this year. XD

4 Likes

You don’t have to put a title for your book or you can put “Many Projects” and just count the amount written since we’re going by amount instead of total now. You can also count editing if you’re really intent too. Just count how many chapters you edited per week and all

4 Likes

Writing is rewriting and honestly I’m not to strict on if you do one project or fifteen or what exactly you do with them so long as you can record it and slap it onto the spreadsheet

3 Likes

Username: @tinothewriter
Pen Name: no pen name
Current Chapter Count: 11 Published
Book Title: AYANDA BORN OF THE STORM
Genre: Adventure & action
Brief Synopsis: Ayanda Azukeli’s life changes when she is attacked by mysterious beasts looking for a taste of her blood. Now she must traverse through the ancient lands of Africa to seek refuge but little does she know her blood…
Are you committed to writing a chapter a week? HELL YEAH! Besides that’s what I already do.

3 Likes

Sweet! Welcome! Make sure to add yourself to the spreadsheet~

2 Likes

Ok. Since I’m posting a completed novel on Wattpad, I actually edit a chapter every week. :smiley:

3 Likes