THIS IS WHERE WE TALK ABOUT POETRY

Why does no one talk about poetry? It has beautiful emotions that could fit in two sentences or a whole book. Let us discuss the stories behind your poetry, the meaning you want to show the world and the meaning that is hidden…
Let’s talk about poetry…

I am very overwhelmed with the response of so many poets on this thread. Not only they are sharing their thoughts behind their poetry, but their poetry too. And now I do not have to actually actively seek out poets. I LOVE THIS COMMUNITY OF BEAUTIFUL POETS.

@dreams_i_have @unknown_martian @AllAboutWordz @Ryo_Leo @be_butterfly @BIoomedWiIted @roxy_cece @erikachap7 @minitronian @S-Ingrate @ianuaultra @ValleyFold @randomwordythings @Gasping_for_air @ISmokeAndMirrorsI @D1ss3nt @teddybear6780 @dollymouse @LostSpaceDiver @skitzles @Heidiiskindofawriter @_abbysmith @colourtastic14

Some of you have visited this thread a long time ago (yes I am calling you back from dead :smile:) while others are recent. But I have grown to love the interactions and discovered so much work and so many friends here.

Most importantly, y’all have kept the spirit of poetry alive.

So with that, I wanted to thank you all. If I have missed someone in the tags, I apologise, tell me and I will tag you here.

And at last, my word of wisdom (not mine actually but…)

45 Likes

There is of course the #genre-clubs:poetry but most threads haven’t been active in a while… You could check out this thread that’s been the most active, but there are also societies like this one!

But yes, I agree: where are all the poets at?

what are you writing currently? Do you like publishing your poems or do you get really nervous of being vulnerable? I have the last issue…

10 Likes

shrugs

2 Likes

I checked many poetry threads but either they are inactive or people are not frequent…It’s infuriating.

3 Likes

this is not right…

1 Like

Between do you read or write poetry?

Hi there :raising_hand_woman:t2:‍♀, poetry lover here.

3 Likes

Also, I am working on a book of poetry. I have published five. I use to be vulnerable for sharing my poems, but I guess I feel more comfortable in sharing them noe. specially when I find people who could relate to it.

4 Likes

Hey, and welcome. So, do you write or read poetry?

Hi, thank you. :smile: Both really, but I haven’t been very good with writing poetry lately. What about you?

Well I write stories mostly, but poetry for me is a good way of venting or sorting through my emotions. what kind of poetry do you like?

1 Like

I’ve written some, but it’s a bit on the back burner now that I’m focusing more on my novel. But poetry still very much interests me! I also believe it’s made me a better writer and I can be so mesmerized sometimes by the way some people use words to show emotions in a completely different and unique way…

1 Like

That makes sense. I started off with poetry on WP but I recently actually started writing my first book that isn’t poetry (English isn’t my first language so I was a bit obnoxious about it tbh). I like lots of different stuff really. What about you? :smiley:

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more. I think it is easier to pour your soul in prose while hiding the true emotions in symbolism if you want to. I usually write a poem if I am overwhelmed. It provides for a good getaway.

2 Likes

Well, I am reader. Be it poetry, short story or a novel. If it is good, I will devour it.

I have the 2nd issue too. I write poems mostly when I’m depressed and the emotions are raw. I’m not comfortable putting those emotions on display

2 Likes

I understand where you are coming from. I too tend to do that and not until recently I would post my poetry anywhere. But from a friend’s encouragement I did and found that people could relate to my words. It felt nice.

1 Like

I’m glad you developed the courage to put your feelings out there. Hopefully I’ll be able to do that too someday

1 Like

Good luck. I hope you do too…

1 Like

Same here :ok_hand: I just posted my first ongoing poetry collection about giving a voice to the hard times I’ve gone through

1 Like