This is a primer on the Trust Levels in these forums. We have four trust levels that range from 0 - 3. We have some latitude in what we require for the different trust levels and they may be changed as we get used to these new forums.
When you join these forums for the first time, you are at trust level 0. That means you won’t be able to post links and images, flag posts or create topics. This is to keep spam bots from being able to attack our forum.
Trust Level 1 is called ‘Basic’. To reach trust level 1, which will allow you to post links and images, flag posts, and create topics, you have to
- enter two topics
- read 30 posts
- spend 20 minutes reading posts
Trust level 2 is called ‘Member’. To reach trust level 2, which will allow you to edit wiki posts to add information (a cool feature) you have to
- enter 20 topics
- read 100 posts
- read posts for 120 minutes
- visit the site for 15 days
- get 20 likes on your posts
- give 20 likes to others
- reply to 20 different topics
Trust level 3 is called ‘Regular’. To reach trust level 3, which will allow you to create your own wiki posts, you have to
- visit the site 50 times in the past 100 days
- reply to 10 topics
- view 20 topics
- read 500 posts
- not have more than 5 posts flagged
- give 30 likes
- receive 20 likes
- visit 25 percent of all the threads that have been created in the last 100 days
I hope this helps. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask.