Trust Levels: What are they and how do they work

thank you!

@TheSpiffyWriter

Hey if you want to know what you have to do to post links and pictures just read the first post.

@VermilionRaven

Hey if you want to know what you have to do to post links and pictures just read the first post.

Thank you so much. I am reading them now. This is kind of ridiculous though in my opinion. Im half tempted to just ditch wattpad and go use the other posting sites I enjoy that dont make you jump through hoops just to share a picture of your book…but thank you again for taking the time to help me with this.

A few weeks ago we had problem with spam bots and this new rule was made to ensure the safety of all user.
It is really easy to reach it.

So I have heard. But they should have implemented some kind of grandfathering for users who have been here years and never abused the site. Ive been here for countless years it is kind of annoying to have to jump through all these hoops and is a bit offensive for everyone to have suffer through this. Especially the oh so many of us who have always followed the rules. But thankfully with your help I was able to share my post and images after 3 weeks of trying haha.

This trust level system is not made by wattpad. It is from discourse the plattform we are using.

They only can change the requirements and what you can do with each trust level.

Everyone starts as a new user.

Ehh…im not fond of it many are not. But I guess we will just have to struggle through.

The requirements are pretty low so as long as you are no spam bot you can reach it really easily.

Hey there :slight_smile:

I suggest that you have a look at the original trust levels set by Discourse-

The levels set by the admins are comparatively easy to fulfill :slight_smile:

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Have a wonderful weekend =]

@queer_flowers Hey there :slight_smile:

This is a primer on the Trust Levels in these forums. You need to read the first post since you are new. Please feel free to ask questions and someone will always help you :slight_smile:

And you can also have a look at this-

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Have a wonderful weekend =]

Okay, now I’m a regular (yay!) As it turns out, you don’t have to visit the first posts of all topics, but rather read the posts, or read 20k posts.

@simply_stories
@partycat706

Congratulations on the ‘Regular’ badge :slight_smile:

Thanks.

@violetsintherain

How can you tell how close you are to getting the next trust level?

just look at your summary and the requirements for your next possible trust level

Read 1k posts more. Maybe then you will get the next trust level

That’s difficult if one of the requirements is “visit 25% of all the threads that have been created in the last 100 days.”

Like how do you know if you’ve reached 25%?

The thread requirement is capped at 500.
So even when there are 1000000 threads you would only have to visit 500