Twenty-One and Over; Welcome Writers and Readers.

So I’ve been on Wattpad for a while, only recently started on the Community forums! I have a few friends here - but I’m looking for some more fellow writers, readers, chat buddies, pretty much anyone who is over the age of 21.

Need somewhere to vent? Someone to talk to? Perhaps you’re stuck in a writers block and you’re looking for some inspiration - or maybe you just want to chat with fellow Fantasy fanatics! Well you’ve come to the right place!

So hi, how are ya? :blush:

Come say hi; introduce yourself, tell us what you’re working on. How many books do you have published here? How has Wattpad impacted you? How has the Fantasy clubs and fellow Fantasy lovers impacted your journey here on Wattpad? What’s your goal? What are you hoping to achieve with your Fantasy book?

I’ll start off by introducing myself: I’m Taylor. You can call me Chief, Taylor or Tay. Or just chieftaytay :blush: I’m currently have two books published here on Wattpad that are still ongoing: All the Kings Men and the Wolf and the Crow. Both are going through editing. My fellow Fantasy lovers have impacted me greatly, give me inspiration daily and gave me the courage to upload! My current goal is to finish both of my books by June or July. What I’m hoping to achieve with my book is finish it, I’m curious to know where it will lead me! I have a plan on how it will end, but that could change the more I write! I also hope to touch audiences and inspire people to write as well with my books. If nobody likes them, well, that’s okay because at least I’m enjoying them!

4 Likes

Hey Tay I’m Jay lol.
I’ve been on Wattpad for… oh god since I was a freshman in high school and I’m currently a senior in college :sweat_smile:
I have a few stories as well but I’ve more or less abandoned them in favor of school. But right now I’m currently working on rewriting my passion project Primus.
Hopefully I’ll see it through to the end but it’s a LONG story so who knows lol

3 Likes

Hey all!
I’m Gabe, and I’ve been on here for a while, and came back a couple months ago. I’m working on a few different projects. I have several published here, and I’m currently working on a fantasy story about the origin of the gods in my setting. In the past, I did a sort of sci-fi fantasy series, but stopped when I got caught up in college. Now I’m graduated and have a bit more time to dedicate to that and my non-fiction blog. My goal is to finish the book I’m working on and do so more books set in the same world, but at different periods in history.
I’m glad to meet other “old folks” here!

1 Like

I don’t normally socialize much on these forums, or the internet in general, but hey, why not say hello and introduce myself every once in a while? So, hello everyone!

Anyway, I am Jen963, or just Jen is fine. I’ve been on Wattpad for over a year, posting some short stories and the two big projects I have going right now. Writing has always been just a hobby, a way to express the wild imagination I have, even before I ever started typing the stuff. Of course, everything I wrote was fantasy of some sort. Fantasy is awesome.

Like anyone, I hope others read my stories and enjoy them, but ultimately I write because I want to, and so I can eventually get better.

3 Likes

27 years old here and finally completed a Fantasy manuscript with Forged In Fire that I hope to find a home with the traditional route of publishing, though self publishing is a serious option. Even more so right now considering the lack of interest from query letters.

1 Like

I’m Xin. This is my second account; my original account has 8 complete fantasy novels, 4 of which make up a series. On this account, I have 4 fantasy novels. I’m currently writing the fourth - the sequel to my low fantasy zombie duology.

I have few to none grand plans for my stories here. All I want to do is share them with the world and better my skills.

1 Like

Hey :slight_smile: I’m 33 and write Mature Romance!!

1 Like

Hi! How are you? Nice to meet you :blush: How has your writing been going? You probably have a bit of time on your hands now to do some writing, I’m guessing?

1 Like

Nice to meet you! And ooh, that sounds interesting!!!

Hi Jen! Nice to meet you! I love fantasy as well! Everything I’ve ever written has been fantasy! I did write a couple naruto fanfics though :joy: Sasusaku

Hi there! How are you??? And oh wow! That’s awesome! You’ve sent your manuscript to a few people I take it? I really hope you find someone! Even if not self publishing is definitely an option!

Hi! Nice to meet you! Ooh! My newer story has ‘zombies’ in it! It’s more of a plague, or disease I guess you could say? They were created by a Sorcerer and a Necromancer! Why did you quit your othwe account? :hushed:

Hi there! Nice to meet you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just needed a change, for one, and I didn’t like burying my older stories under the new ones so here I am. :grin:

1 Like

Hi there, I’m Ana, I’m 25 and am from Croatia. Currently working on like fifty different stories because my brain can’t seem to shut up for a second and I have so many ideas (you know the feeling?) but I’m publishing a chicklit story here.
Nice to meet you all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeeeeah I’ve been redoing one of my stories now that I have a bunch of extra time on my hands

1 Like

Salut à tous, je suis sheena994. L’écriture me permet de m’évader dans un autre monde. Un monde que je peux modeler selon mes désirs. J’ai publié quelque chapitres d’un roman qui me tenait à coeur. J’ai mis 6 ans pour le terminer parce que j’avais des doutes (j’en ai encore d’ailleurs) sur ma capacité à écrire quelque chose qui pourrait intéresser ou émouvoir les gens. Les peu de personnes qui ont lu ce roman (mes proches) me conseille d’écrire une suite…mais bon. Mon cerveau pilule d’histoires de toutes sortes avec un fort penchant pour le fantasy romantique.

Nice to meet you too! :slight_smile:

Hey! thanks! How is your writing going, and what do you like to read/write?

1 Like

So you are a fantasy writer?

I’m doing good, thanks. Yeah, but no interest sadly from the queries.

How are you doing?

Hi, there. I’m Motte, just turned 21 a few weeks ago. Finally a legal adult all over the world, haha. Though I’ve an old soul (residental mom-friend and social granny lol)
I first “started” with Wattpad back in 2016, I think, but quickly lost interest. Then I returned last year, dropped my story “Starboys”(which needs some serious editing, haha) and then school kicked my butt so I didn’t have time for more. I’ve been back since february and the community forums is also new territory, so please bear with me. I thought it would be a good way to connect to fellow readers and writers :blush:
But yeah, since I’m pretty new at being “serious” on Wattpad there hasn’t been smt to impact me yet.

I’m currently working on an urban fantasy project. My goal is to finish something that’s longer than a short story

1 Like

Coucou! Tout ce que vous avez ecrit, je comprends très bien! J’aime bien l’ecruitre et aussi de lire pour la même raison. Parfois, je veux seulement m’échappter dans un autre monde. Vos romans a l’air très intéressant.

(Aussi, pardon pour mes erreurs. Ça fait un moment que j’ai écrit en français. J’ai habité là-bas pendant presque 2 ans comme une assistante d’anglais au petit village hors Toulouse.)

Hello everyone! You can call me Nifty. I’m doing okay considering the climate the US is in (eeeekkk). I’m currently working on a fantasy-romance novel, first one on Wattpad. Not the first book I’ve tried to write, but this is the furthest I’ve every gotten (currently on chapter 27, woot woot!). I joined back in 28, but I mostly read. It was only last fall that I finally mustered up the courage to type it out. Even then, I didn’t officially publish it until Feb. 29 of this year.

I, too, am new to the community forum. I didn’t even know it existed until recently, so I’m still trying to learn how to use it and navigate it. My goal is really just to finish my work. I’ve never finished anything, and so far I’ve found a few readers (read one) that are giving me faith. There are so many great writers that I’ve read and some that I wish hadn’t abandoned their books (alas, curse of real lives).

Hope you’re all staying safe!