Under 5K Reads Club

discussion

Heya! I’m from Philippines too! Anyone else here from Philippines? :philippines:

Haven’t been here for a few days. What’s up?

Its been 1875 posts since I was last here apparently (no I’m not reading them all to catch up)

The biggest advuce on how to more reads seems to be “be more social” and since im still well under 5k here I am :stuck_out_tongue:

How’s your writing going? What kind of stories are you working on?

What if you have some books over 5k and then some under 5k? Can I still do this? :thinking:

I say yes!

—I’m not technically in charge but fight me

Yassssss. xD Who is in charge? Also, it ain’t my fault that I have too many ideas and story titles and stuff. xD I blame my brain.

:joy: This is one of those pieces of advice I struggle with too! Hi :wave:

Honestly I don’t really know what people mean by it. Am I supposed to talk about my book ever 4 seconds? (I feel like people will think I’m an ass if I do that)

That’s what I wonder every now and then, but the best I can tell is that it’s a good idea to be as open as other people are being. It’s relative to the current topic and also the thread’s overall topic.

Generally I come in and say hello, and that I’m back in the writing chair, and almost within ten posts it’s “Oh, cool, what are you writing?” Of course, I say what I’m working on that day, and sometimes they’re interested and encourage me to keep going, leave a follow, whatever they want to do, and that interests me in their account.

It’s never clear and cut, though. There’s an element of randomness and human variation.

Yeah, I’m not entirely sure … Although, I know it works a bit. You chat with people, build a rapport, and some of those people check out your profile and read your stuff. I’d probably have zero reads if I didn’t know about the forums. But I’m not very good at striking up conversations with strangers, so, oh well, I try…

Either way, I’m back to writing Music to My Ears, what little I can, and then I’m likely to start some reading for payment I need to do to get one of my other books reviewed, plus I have a couple of book club assignments to do.

I honestly won’t be able to tell if most of it even works until I get people commenting. I don’t keep as good a track on exact read count on most of my stories unless it’s the final couple of chapters on a story, because most people don’t read that far :shrug:

Currently I am working on different works that don’t have a lot of chapters because I really wanted to get to a scene for a book in another one. :sweat_smile:

oooohhh vague :stuck_out_tongue: lol

what genres do you like to write in? :slight_smile:

Werewolf mainly, but I do Paranormal, Teen Fic, some Romance (but not too romance center), Fantasy, and I think that is it. xD

Nice. I’ve seen some stats from wattpad HQ in another thread and apparently werewolf has the most completed reads out of the whole site. It’s not the biggest genre but for whatever reason the people who read it almost always finish the entire book

To me, it is the most intruging. xD But I guess it should be… when I have like one hundred ideas… that deal with werewolves… oops. xD

I tossed the idea of writing a werewolf story around once but I’m not sure how well it would work here. From what I’ve seen the werewolves of Wattpad seem to all follow a similar cannon and pack structure. And mine would be something real different. I feel like it’s the kind of thing that would struggle to find the right audience

Now you have intrigued me. I think that means you’re going to have to write it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But, difference is good. There are those that don’t want the same thing over and over again even if it does work. But in all honestly, I will read it.

Maybe some day :stuck_out_tongue: I have a lot on my “to do” pile but the idea still interests me. It was a dark fantasy story about a land at war with the undead, and the werewolves were a band of anti-heroes who were created to stop the undead by any means necessary.

So the wolves would be well intentioned extremists who don’t hesitate to do things like kill entire villages who might be carrying the undead plague, and the civilian population hates them almost as much as they hate the undead and the whole story would be this messy three way war between werewolves zombies and humans where every faction is painted in shades of grey and there are no real heroes, only people trying to do what they think is right.

I understand about the to do list. I have school, 2 jobs, and write a lot of books because I can’t seem to choose just one idea. Oops. xD But, it does sound interesting.