🐉▫️ Undiscovered Fantasy Haven ▫️🐉

Hey there, my fellow undiscovered authors!

giphy

It should go without saying that I LOVE fantasy. It’s very exciting to bring my crazy ideas to life and to share them with others. I decided to create a thread dedicated to the humble writers and creators of countless fantastical worlds that are limited only by the imagination, so that maybe we could help each other.

There are a lot of hidden gems waiting to be found all throughout Wattpad. Stories that deserve to be brought into the light. I’m fully aware of how hard it is to get even the slightest amount of attention, so I figured it would help if there was a place where the undiscovered authors could connect with one another and share advice on how we can emerge from the shadows. But not only that, I just wanted a place where we can get to know one another and bounce ideas off of each other.

There will be a few rules (Just to keep the order):

1. No swearing. (The small bombs are fine, but don’t use them if you really don’t have to.)
  2. No advertising.
  3. Be respectful. (Keep in mind that we are all humans here. No idea is a bad idea. Just remember the golden rule.)
    And most importantly!
  4. Have Fun! (I don’t bite. Lol, and I don’t think anyone else will either.)

So, to start things off I’ll drop a question:
How do you feel about dragons? And are they necessary for a fantasy to be great?

Can I brazenly drop my cover picture and blurb after we get to know each other?

1 Like

Hi there! Love the idea of this thread because world building is my favorite thing to do when starting a new story.

I love dragons. One of my stories features a dragon shifter, though I’m doing my best to make it my own version. I don’t think they are necessary for a fantasy to be great. If anything, I like it when writers think outside the box and work outside common tropes. However, dragons are just as entertaining when presented in a unique way ^^

2 Likes

Lol, maybe :eyes:

I love them! But they absolutely are not necessary. Some of my favorite fantasy books have no dragons… and some have tons!

I technically have dragons in both the ones I’m writing right now, but they’re so unimportant to the plot that I feel like it’s false advertising to say that XD they’re more like set trappings or another monster in the bestiary.

1 Like

Hi there,

I’m going to have to slightly edit your post as you’re not allowed to encourage read-for-reads services in the #improve-your-writing club. If you want to make a read-for-read service, you can do so in #story-services:critiques-and-feedback

And you’re not allowed to encourage people to lowkey advertise either. That’s what the #share-your-story club is for :smile:

Thanks for understanding,
Fray - Community Ambassador :frog:

Hello! im actually new to writing fantasy :sweat_smile: Trying to learn the ropes as I go along

3 Likes

I totally agree! But dragons have been depicted in so many ways over the years, so it’s hard to come up with something original

1 Like

I just started writing fantasy for the first time. I have talking flowers, a flower-catcher, and a gardener. No mentions of dragons, elves, or anything like that. Mostly animals that were extinct or animals today. That’s about my limit. Does my story count as fantasy?

3 Likes

The fantasy community welcomes you!

1 Like

Yeah, absolutely! As long as there’s magic, it’s fantasy!

Lol, seems like I’m breaking all the rules. :rofl::rofl: But thanks for the heads up

1 Like

Thank you! I feel welcomed :smiley:

1 Like

Haha, nah, it’s all good :smile:

It’s always fun to start writing a new genre. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you enjoy it as you’re writing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol, i think the talking flowers is enough to make it fantasy

That’s true. I usually try to go for the less common representations if possible.

What is your story about, if you don’t mind me asking? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where do you guys get your inspiration from? I read fantasy, but I don’t get inspired from that for my stories. I often think of SK and some oh his work instead of a fantasy author like JRR Tolkien.

2 Likes

Hey! Dragon writer here, though I’m probably what you would call discovered now. I feel like dragons tend to be popular, and it helps they’re a trending tag multiple times during the week.

1 Like