UNPOPULAR ONIONS

This is probably not an unpopular opinion but I hate when fans force sexualities on actors just because they ship the characters. Like, even if the characters are both straight and of the same gender, you can still ship them! No harm done there! But shipping actors in real life with people who aren’t of their sexual orientation and basically forcing them to face it and insinuate that it happens in real life just pisses me off and it makes a lot of actors really uncomfortable and there’s such a double standard.

Like, if you shipped a lesbian actress with a guy, it would be disrespectful to her sexual orientation, but shipping two straight dudes together when they’ve stated they’re not comfortable with it is fine???

Nah, we need to keep characters and actors separate. That goes for hate as well.

I make parfaits at work on the weekends so I will tell you that you are wrong.

Far be it from me to argue with an expert – parfait or otherwise.

Lol. Ogres have too many layers to be a parfait. Also, you can mix a parfait. You can’t mix an ogre. That’s rude.

Do you have any idea how after reading your question that my first instinct was to answer, “Like, totally!” ? :joy_cat:

I am in complete awe at that sentence. Both its hilarity, and its perplexity.

We talking like…with a blender? Or do we have to use a spoon? With the right equipment, I think mixing an ogre might be possible.

Hey

UO: I find the whole “Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer” thing to be in poor taste.

H P Lovecraft was a very talented writer, but as a person, he was a racist and sexist man who shouldn’t be revered or admired as much as he is (his work is gr8 tho)

JK Rowling loves queerbaiting and is kinda homophobic… Also, she’s an overrated writer.

Like, I absolutely ADORE Harry Potter and the plot and characters are great, but her writing style isn’t that great, in my opinion and OMG WILL SHE JUST USE “SAID” INSTEAD OF DESPERATELY TRYING TO FIND OTHER WORDS AND ENDING UP USING “EJACULATED”!

P R E A C H

I love Harry Potter because it’s a great story more than for its writing. And as for the way JKR handles her gay characters (like, by never ever ever showing them actually in a relationship because oh, goodness no, how could she make money that way???) is :unamused: at best

Literally, the Albus and Scorpius queerbaiting was a real low blow.

And, okay, I can accept the fact that Dumbles being gay wasn’t significant in HP. Ok. Maybe. But when she literally makes a movie surrounding the timeline of the entire crush that Dumbles had on that Grindelwald and decides to not represent it in the movie because it “still isn’t significant” is bullshit and just shows her true homophobia. Like, DON’T SAY CHARACTERS ARE GAY JUST FOR REPRESENTATION AND DIVERSITY POINTS IF YOU’RE NOT ACTUALLY GOING TO MAKE THE CHARACTERS GAY IN THE STORY

THANK YOU

I thought it was just me thinking they were cute because I ship everyone but the more and more I talked about that crime against literature the more people mentioned it felt like she was trying to make us ship it and then doing nothing about it (because gay people in a play? impossible!!!). Again, :unamused:

ALSO

THE NEW MOVIE IS LITERALLY ABOUT DUMBLEDORE AND THE MAN HE HAD A CRUSH ON AND PLOTTED SOME WEIRD WIZARD SUPREMACY SH*T WITH AND YOU’RE NOT GOING TO ADDRESS THAT RELATIONSHIP AT ALL??? TF???

Not just a crush, infatuation to the point of ignoring that he was a Very Dangerous and Very Bad Man (who’s now played by Johnny Depp so I guess that fits)

Exactly! Like, it definitely and undeniably has a place in the movie’s plot.

Also, I’m pretty there was a line that said, “Scorpius saw his friend with a girl. He didn’t like that” or something like OH MY GOD THEY WERE SO GAY

And then the end came and we were all waiting for it and Scorpius just basically slaps Albus in the face and goes “yeah, I gotta be straight now, so I like your cousin Rose”

Like TF???

And because of him being such a villain it would have been such an interesting plot point!

I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAY SO MUCH AHHHHHHHHH

I have a lot of anger because Harry Potter was and is something that I love and shaped me as a person in a deep and profound way. To see it twisted like this for money and diversity points without really doing anything to represent the people it claims to in a meaningful way makes me sad and angry.

Harry Potter was basically how I learned English! I identified with Hermione so much as a kid and I still do! I have so much love for the series but I just wish I could drop the author and keep the series sometimes…

Like, Harry Potter is not Indian. It’s okay that he was white and that you imagined him white. STOP TRYING TO DIVERSIFY YOUR BOOKS WHEN IT NEVER ACTUALLY HAPPENED!

My tactic is to completely ignore everything after the end of the seventh book. I even ignore the 19 years later because it seemed so… fake and too pretty for me. These kids had suffered so much; no way they’re going to go on and live normal lives (especially not with the people they dated when they were 17, just sayin’)

ALBUS SEVERUS

WHY TF WOULD HE NAME HIS KID THAT???

“Oh, yeah, I’ll just name you after the dude who used me when he knew I was going to die and the man who abused me because he was obsessed with my mother, even after her murder”

Like NO