Want Some Unconventional Sci-Fi?

Hey everybody!

Just finished my first story completely written on Wattpad. It’s a sci-fi titled “Cole, 2653” and it follows the exploits of an android archaeologist. I’ll put the synopsis from the book page below:

“In 2653, android archaeologist Cole sells human relics to a genetically engineered population obsessed with the homo sapiens, who departed for greener galaxies centuries ago. When one of their spaceships suddenly returns, he finds his profession on the verge of extinction … as well as his grasp on reality.”

This story’s entirely written in the detached, limited (and unreliable?) perspective of the MC. I had a field day writing in his voice for a few months.

This is a submission to this year’s Wattys, but I think that there’s lots more to improve on this story given that I’ve only spent about two days editing.

If you’re interested, comment below!

Feedback can be PMs, in-line comments … anything! Every five chapters you read, be sure to notify me that you’ve read if you choose not to provide feedback.

I expect readers to take about a week to cycle through five chapters. If you’re no longer interested, feel free to let me know (and if your reason involves something unsavory about my writing, please help me improve :slight_smile:)

In terms of compensation, I’ll give you a follow and check out one of your stories (if they have mature content, specify what’s in it)! (Feel free to add something to your reply if you want a specific form of payment).

3 Likes

I would love to beta-read some unconventional sci-fi haha. :slight_smile:
For payment, may you check out A Legacy of Mist and Fire, and if you’re willing, drop some feedback and let me know if/when/why you’d stop reading? We can do 5 chapter by 5 chapter feedback exchanges, if you like.

1 Like

This sounds like a very interesting book, If you’d like to read 5 chapters of my book "Fishbowl" then I could beta-read five of yours also. Let me know!

1 Like

Will get to your book in the next few days.

1 Like

Finished and gave some feedback.

1 Like

Thanks so much, I’ll start reading yours tonight