Want Your Cover To Look Better? I Can Help!!! || Critiques and Graphic Design Advice || Temporarily closed

feedback-offered
graphics
critiques
help
covers

Helllooooooo cover designer. I just browsed a lot of the stuff they did and yeah, wow. They’re pretty good. And I’m sorry about your horror cover. Gosh. If it weren’t the holidays and it didn’t feel like I just sold my soul to the devil because I’m that swamped, I would help you out myself. That’s ridiculous. Zombie covers are pretty easy to make.

Genre: Teen and Dystopian Fiction
Intended Feeling: Interest and Intrigue

The one that did my zombie one did a couple others for me I am much more satisfied with though

That’s okay. Just don’t go back to them for horror. XD Some people really do understand certain concepts better than others and that’s really no fault of their own. The only fault that I can pin is that they were probably attempting something they knew was well beyond their ability. Like me, attempting to cook. (Not even joking on that part. T.T I’m a fish at food.)

Genre: Fantasy
Feelings: Magic, fantasy feelings, dark fantasy, a bit of mystery.
Cover one:

Cover two (current):

%20Stevenson

Just designed this in 20 minutes to try to replace my old cover. Horrendously simplistic at the moment but it will have to do. Also, please tell me that it isn’t actually as blurry as my computer is making it out to be, otherwise I’ll have to kick Canva’s butt.

It looks just a bit blurry around Award Winning Author

Gosh diddily darnit. I knew Canva had some flaws but I was like “you know what, they’ve got to have fixed those by now.” Guesssss notttttttt

Trying again!

Much better

Thank goodness. I don’t know why it does that. It should save as the same quality across the board but sometimes, Canva is a little bitch like that and since I’m 1. partially blind and 2. my computer sucks I can’t always tell the difference. I kinda just put it up and hope it looks good 99% of the time. T.T

:expressionless: You know what. It’s wattpad now. Look at this: https://www.wattpad.com/story/122311898-red Is this blurry to you? Because I’m gonna slap ten bucks on my butt that that is blurry to you.

OOOOOOOHHHH yeah it is, very blurry, I don’t even wanna know what it’s like without my glasses on

:triumph::triumph::triumph::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: ITSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS HIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH QUALITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. I am literally speechless. I don’t know what to do. The image itself is fine. It’s just how the website is interpreting the image and I don’t know how to change that.

Does Kassidy’s cover look blurry? I was sent it over email (to ensure quality) but I don’t know if it is blurry or not to other people

No. It looks fine. When you shrink things down a little bit of the detail gets lost but it’s nothing like whatever happened to my cover. I went through a handful of your covers. They all appear to be safe. And most of my covers are fine so I don’t understand what is up with this. Why is it suddenly degrading the quality of my cover? The only thing that I can do right now is send a message to the staff and hope they decide it’s worth fixing.

So uh, just got a reply from the staff. Here’s the summary of what they said: For some unknown and bizarre reason, our website just can’t deal with covers with red backgrounds. It only happens to covers with red backgrounds. I will send a notice to our developers, but don’t expect anything anytime soon because wattpad. And uh, maybe just inverse the colors if you want it to look nice. :smiley:

wtfffff. That is the most random website error I’ve ever heard of.

Even worse… I just inversed everything. What was red is now black, etc. And It still doesn’t work! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

vs.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/122311898-red

What the hell??? Ok, by that reasoning, why doesn’t Kassidy be blurry? It has a color pretty close to red in a lot of it

I don’t knowwwwww. Wattpad is just broken right now apparently.