Watch It, Read It, Or Not? [Look! A Poll]

So, recently I became curious about how many people from different regions genuinely have an interest in these “Wattpad hits” everyone brags about. Regardless of whether they are good stories or not in anyone’s eyes, I’d love to know from the small pool of people I can access here if you would or already have read/watched these popular Wattpad stories and from what region (country) you are, in order to compile some data.

Thank you!

What Country or Region to You Reside In?

• US
  • UK
  • Canada
  • Mexico
  • France
  • Germany
  • Russia
  • China
  • Japan
  • Africa
  • India
  • Australia
  • Italy
  • Other: Specify in Comments

0 voters

Have You Read Any of the “Wattpad Hits” (i.e. Kissing Booth, After, etc.)

• Yes
  • Unsure
  • No

0 voters

Would you Read Any of the “Wattpad Hits” (i.e. Kissing Booth, After, etc.)

• Yes
  • Maybe
  • No

0 voters

Have you seen any of the movie/TV adaptations of the “Wattpad Hits” (i.e. Death if my BFF, Kissing Booth, etc.)

• Yes
  • Started by Didn’t Finish
  • Unsure
  • No

0 voters

Would you watch any of the movie/TV adaptations of the “Wattpad Hits” (i.e. Death is my BFF, Kissing Booth, etc.)

• Yes
  • Maybe
  • No

0 voters

List of “Wattpad Hits” for reference:

1. After (has movie coming up)
  2. Death is my BFF (has Sony series)
  3. Cupids Match (has CW series)
  4. Light As a Feather (has Hulu show)
  5. The Kissing Booth (Neflix original)
  6. White Stag
  7. Chasing Red

(if I’ve left out any, please tell me in the comments and I’ll add them)

Feel free to discuss below :smile_cat:

You forgot:

Light As A Feather, Stiff As A Board

Now that’s something I think I would enjoy reading/watching bc it’s a horror. I’m a big horror fan, not so much a romance one.

Edit: NVM. I just saw that you already added it to the list. Sorry.

3 Likes

You might wanna add this list at the start so that people would know what you’re talking about.

2 Likes

It’s on there just not the whole name. I’m lazy.

3 Likes

I only watched and read (way before when I was a wattpadder and then bought them) Kissing booth and will watch After but haven’t read any stories.

Sorry. I saw it after I posted.

1 Like

You’re good!

2 Likes

White Stage? :face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking:

Sorry. Autocorrect probably. I’m a horrible typist.

2 Likes

Giving you a hard time. XD

1 Like

Oh. Sorry.

1 Like

I haven’t seen Chasing Red promoted as much by Wattpad. Kind of weird.

1 Like

They used to promote it all the time.

You should make the region one annon. :slight_smile:

I can’t change it…I thought I had.

1 Like

I’d be willing to read them but they’re not priority on my to-read list.

As far as watching them goes… I rarely watch TV or movies so that’s not likely at all.

As far as how well-known they are: I work with teenagers and I’ve never heard any of those series mentioned outside of WattPad. Except for, I guess, seeing a Facebook ad for The Kissing Booth on Netflix? EDIT: oh, and I saw White Stag at Target.

1 Like

The Kissing Booth was cliché for sure, but I thought the movie was cute.

I scanned through After but I won’t see the movie. It doesn’t strike me as something I’d make the effort to see. I have a library of iTunes movies that I love and I still haven’t watched some of those yet, lol.

2 Likes

Right now the only one I made it through was Kissing Booth and that’s just because I like the lead actress so I wanted to support her. The rest I couldn’t get through. After I won’t even bother with because those types of movies/stories aren’t my thing in the slightest. Sex doesn’t sell with this bunny.

That being said, just because these things aren’t my taste doesn’t mean I’m not so damn proud of these writers for getting to these stages! It’s absolutely amazing and a good morale boost for the rest of us in hopes some day we can be them. I have too many Wattpadders in my circle to know how well known they are outside of Wattpad, but they still got some place most of us couldn’t even dream of reaching.

14 Likes

I have Chasing Red in my reading list but haven’t started it. I’ve heard of most of these though and know several people who have read them.

I have purchased several Wattpad books that have been published, just none of these.

1 Like

If White Stag becomes a series/movie would it be a rush to see it or in the same group in that list? :eyes: 'Cause out of all the stories isn’t White Stag different?