Wattpad App Rearrangement

In case you didn’t already know, the Wattpad app has undergone a big change recently:

I’m here to say that I’m not a big fan of it. I don’t use search often, so I don’t need it to have an icon on the bottom. I wish we had an option between this and the last layout because I liked having the writing (pencil) icon in the middle since that’s the most important thing to me. I also used the profile icon a lot and having it in the top right just disrupts the flow of me using the app.

If you have any other thoughts on it or just want to talk about the changes to the app, feel free to reply!

I feel it’s harder to find my own profile. I find my profile is more important than the search button since searching for specific things is very rare for me. Like I’d rather have my profile accessible anywhere as opposed to the search button

6 Likes

Its not bad, but I dont like where the coins were placed

2 Likes

I would love if the button in the top right in notifs led to profile. I’ve never once used that button, but use profile from notifs constantly.

20200629_215049

1 Like

Woah, I don’t even have that icon you pointed out. Is that just to invite new people to Wattpad?

2 Likes

My search bar is still in the same place, is it for all phone users?

1 Like

i think so. a lot of people have been complaining

1 Like

I’ll check it out on my app

edit: it’s still at the top

1 Like

i’m mostly on my laptop and my edit is still at the top

1 Like

Yep. It’s the invite button. Haven’t used it even once.

1 Like

I think it’s being released in waves.

This only affects the app, not the web experience afaik.

1 Like

Oh, okay!

Huh, I wonder why the Android app has it there but not the iOS one.

2 Likes

only on iOS?
that sucks :confused:

The rearrangement is for both but the invite button that @FireAlwaysReturns pointed out in the Android version is not in the same location in the iOS version of the app.

3 Likes

IT’S SO GODDAMN ANNOYING

every time i go out of something, i have to click again
WHY? it was good before!!!

1 Like

There was a time where Wattpad had a glitch and the home page went missing while the notifs were working.

If this thing happens again, then our profile page would also go missing and we would be absolutely clueless!

I don’t support this new update. It might be useful for some users, but let’s face the truth—not many people use the search icon.:roll_eyes::roll_eyes: