Wattpad Bugs

So I just wanna know if anyone is having the same challenges as I am or if I need a new laptop.

When I originally started writing, I used the Wattpad app on my windows 10 laptop. I notice that a lot of time when I’m editing, the letter immediately after is deleted.
For example: what ate you doing
(I wanna change ate to are so I backspace the T. But when I type in the R this happens)
“What ar you doing”

and this continues for each letter I type, the letter to the right is deleted.

SO, I started writing my story in MS word. I use 2007 because I can’t afford the Microsoft package. When I type a chapter and I paste it in the Wattpad app, my punctuation marks go missing and everything that I italicized is normal. So no quotation marks, no commas. I do see questions marks tho.

I understand, based on what Wattpad support told me, they can’t help me because I am using windows.
Buts is anyone else having these challenges, I really wanna know :frowning_face:

I’ve experienced the issue of the letters disappearing, however it wasn’t a Wattpad issue. Have you tried hitting the ‘insert’ key on your keyboard?

What WarriorWriter said - this happens to me all the time when I accidentally hit the insert button on my keyboard. If you hit that key again, it should revert back to normal and allow you to type/ edit without deleting what follows :grin:

1 Like

No, thanks for the advice

1 Like

Hopefully it sorted it out for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

thanks so much. I’m gonna try

1 Like

Unfortunately I’m not sure what could be causing all of your quotation marks to be lost when transferring between word and Wattpad though, sorry :pensive:

1 Like

It’s okay I’ll just stick to writing in the app. No inconvenience caused

For quotation marks:
When you copy and paste via the computer, there are paste options that come up - Keep source formatting (K), Merge Formatting (M), and Keep Text Only (T). If you just press paste, it will go straight to the latter with will get rid of italics, bold and a number of other things (I don’t know about the quotation marks though). If you right click and go to Merge Formatting or Keep Source Formatting, you should be able to keep all the italics, bold etc. Try that.
It’s not just a wattpad thing, it’s all across computers. :blush:

Hope this helped. If you already knew this, then I’m not going to be able to help you, sorry. However, what you’re speaking of sounds like something that’s not just a Wattpad thing - it most likely occurs across several different things. So, try it of a whole range of different things and, if it’s objectively Wattpad, you could go report it if you want. :grin:

1 Like

thanks for the advice but I don’t see any options when I right-click. It just says paste :frowning_face:

1 Like

and this sounds like a really great idea :sob: I’l jus stick to typing in wattpad

1 Like

Agh, idk! Sorry I couldn’t have been of more help!
It only takes a second to read through and put in all the things anyway, so it should be too big of a hassle. Good luck with it all!

1 Like

I SWEAR THIS HAPPENS ALOT TO ME!!!
I just close the website and then open it again. Then when I open it …its fixed.
I have to do it everytime …opening and closing when that happens!

1 Like

LOOll it can get very annoying but as @scaren suggested it will only take a few minutes to change put in all the punctuations so I’ll just see which process I can tolerate the most

2 Likes