Wattpad contests?

question

@nick So, I’ve been working with the Salt Lake Community Writing Center on getting them onto Wattpad, as they seemed to be interested in setting up an account. As a Writing Center, they’ve hosted contests on occasion, and they think that Wattpad would be a great place to set up some of their contests; however, they can’t seem to find a way to set up the contests. Would you please help me with this so I can relay the information to them? Thanks!

Maybe @MakaylaSophia @KatherineArlene or @TheOrangutan can help

Hey there

User-run contests, which is what they’d be doing, are not overseen by Wattpad. They are completely organized and run by the people belong to the profile. Since your group have run them before, they already are ahead of the game with organization. Getting the word out is probably going to be the hardest part. Shout-outs from profiles and social media will be a good idea. We have an advertising section for writing contests in the Story Services club. If you read the guidelines for that club, you can see the rules Wattpad has for user-run contests.

I hope that answers your questions, but if you have more, don’t hesitate to ask.

Katherine - Community ambassador :katherinearlene: