Wattpad Logged me Into Someone Else’s Account

Not sure if I should post this over here or on bugs, but this morning, Wattpad was glitching a little, but when I signed into my account, I got signed into someone else’s account. I had full editing privileges, and I had the ability to change up all their profile, send announcements, and send messages on their inbox. Luckily, I didn’t do that to them, but still, I find this a pretty dangerous security issue since people have the ability to delete stories or mess with the account. I’ve also got images of this issue, though I’m not sure if I should post them out of respect to the author’s privacy.

Have you contacted HQ yet? You should definitely do so, because this issue could have severe consequences if the accounts fell into the wrong hands…

1 Like

Not sure how to contact HQ, but I agree that this issue is very serious.

1 Like

https://support.wattpad.com/hc/en-us

Follow this link and you should be able to send a support ticket. :blush:

1 Like

This just happened to me, and the person who’s account I magically logged in as had the site set in Spanish, so I had difficulties finding the log out. For some reason, when I got back to my own account, the site is stuck in Spanish too. I’m filling out my report now.

2 Likes

I had the same thing happen to me today twice in a span of like an hour or so! First was a premium account, that was why I immeditaley noticed, wattpad just turned blue. Second time I tried to navigate to my profile as normal and suddenly I was named ellie or something and had 200 followers. Very weird. Wish I took more screenshots.

1 Like

I’m not experiencing any of these issues currently. However, Wattpad is down for me on the main site and I can’t log in at all. :grimacing: I get the feeling they’re already working on it but I do hope they’ll fix it soon. This would be a scary security breach.

1 Like

@KingEmpo Wattpad is experiencing Partially Degraded Service at the moment. Have a look at the status:
http://status.wattpad.com/

1 Like

Is the staff still on the job, though? Maybe they’ve been shut down like everyone else…? ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

1 Like

I believe they can all work remotely. It is a web-based platform after all.

5 Likes

The staff’s still working.

2 Likes

Is this still happening? Has there been an official comment somewhere about this privacy breach?

1 Like

That’s honestly terrifying-

2 Likes

And yet, it’s not the first time this has happened, lol.

Fortunately, most people are very good about it.

1 Like

It’s good that Wattpad seems to have an honest and good-natured community, at least ;;

1 Like