Wattpad Protostars 3.0 (the encore) - For those who want to be Wattpad Stars

Oh my God… Why didn’t I think of that sooner?!

1 Like

Because you were taking it literally :joy:

1 Like

So I looked up the lyrics and I was really surprised how clean it was. Wasn’t expecting that. I mean, not a single F bomb.

1 Like

Nope, none! The first five words are as clean as they come! X)

1 Like

Uh-huh.

But the song was actually a whole mood

1 Like

Hey, you guys, thought you’d be interested.

5 Likes

Yay so now all I have to do is become a star…

I both mean this to be sarcastic and not. I’m conflicted in how I feel about this.

3 Likes

So am I. I want to be paid for my stories but I don’t want to be writer all my life.

2 Likes

I want to be in paid too, but stars is hard af. On the bright side I no longer need 8k reads.

3 Likes

I’m glad it’s not based on popluarity any more. Just win a watty or impress someone. Easy, right?

In a lot of ways, this makes sense. I’m not mad about this. Before this, Stars was a badge of honour, but now Stars means you’re working towards Paid and that they see you as a potential Paid Stories writer in future (providing you’re writing the content they’re looking for).

I think it also makes it more similar to querying, so that’s good too. The finished manuscript element etc. It also probably frees up the teams from reading the slushpiles of submissions for Paid and instead focuses them on looking through Stars content instead fo find the gems.

All the more reason to get into Stars now. Keep pumping out that content!

5 Likes

It makes it tougher for us but easier on a limited team. I don’t mind it; it’ll bring out the difference between the determined and not so determined.

1 Like

I just know I’m going to really pressure myself about this now, but I can only do as much as I can do. I’ve got loads of projects in the works, so really, I’m just going to keep writing and keep going and see what happens.

It is pretty much literally out of our control now.

1 Like

You’ll get there. You’re active in the community; you know what’s Wattpad wants and you’re willing to keeping working toward that goal. You’ll be a star and in paid before you know it.

1 Like

Aw thanks <3 I’m just going to keep on writing. I write nichey pulp stuff with an LGBTQ bent, so I don’t expect it to be ‘mainstream’ and the kind of thing Paid would be looking for anyway. But one can dream~

1 Like

I’m going through a very stagnant rough patch with my writing right now. I hope it passes.

Sometimes it’s like that. Do you know what’s causing the stagnation? Sometimes I find just taking a break and reading a lot helps.

1 Like

It does make it similar to querying and I definitely see why they are doing it this way. It gives a line of success. Over 50,000 word complete novel…Get their attention which now you’re right it frees up the slushpile and become a Star…Then a Paid. Still difficult but at least you know where you’re at as you hit each goal.

1 Like

YEEEET

Yup! I’ve got everything planned out and know what I need to write. It’s just finding the time that’s the issue! lol

I read this and went “Oh…Welp there goes that dream.”

Paid was what I was striving for and now even that’s gone too :sweat_smile: Ahhh, laugh through the pain.

1 Like