Wattpad Protostars 4.0 (a writing thread for experienced writers, newbies, stars, non-stars, and everyone outside and in between)

Wattpad Protostars
Back by popular demand!

star

The Wattpad Protostars is a group for any writer, regardless of experience level or status, to meet and bond with people who have similar goals of learning, improving their writing, and shooting for the stars (pun intended.)

This is a space to talk about what youโ€™re working on, get advice and support, and share your goals and achievements. We bond over the good days, the bad days, and everything in between. We laugh together, cry together, and build each other back up after mental breakdowns, all in hopes of being a Star one day. Itโ€™s STELLAR.

:star: :star: :star:

๐–๐‡๐€๐“โ€™๐’ ๐€ ๐๐‘๐Ž๐“๐Ž๐’๐“๐€๐‘?

First, there was the Big Bang (or God created everything, or insert another beginning to the universe hereโ€ฆ thatโ€™s really not the point of this thread). Planets formed, stars showed upโ€ฆ it was a whole thing. Anyway, before a star could form into the shining star we see today, it had to first endure as a protostar.

Inkedp3DVm7f3SFCbyCAZEie3_Life%20Cycle%20of%20Small%20%26%20Medium%20Mass%20Stars_LI

A Protostarโ€™s goal is to be a bright, beautiful star. They strive for it, theyโ€™re dedicated to it, and they will accept nothing less than stardom.

So how do they do this? They work hard every day, gathering mass from their parent molecular cloud (I donโ€™t know what that is in this analogy. Knowledge from Wattpad and other writers? Motivation from our readers? Inspiration from other stars? Iโ€™ll let your imagination run wild with that one.)

They keep writing, editing, improving, critiquing, learning, and more. They do everything they can do to become the Stars they deserve to be.

๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐’ ๐ˆ๐๐…๐Ž๐‘๐Œ๐€๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐๐€๐‹ ๐‹๐ˆ๐๐Š๐’

About Stars
Stars Profile
Stars Directory
Protostars Thread 1.0, 2.0, & 3.0
Wattpad Editorial Lead AMA Doc
Wattpad Editorial Lead Thread
Wattpad Stars AMA Doc

(AMAs documented by the lovely @FireAlwaysReturns and @calmwolf)

๐–๐‘๐ˆ๐“๐ˆ๐๐† & ๐–๐€๐“๐“๐๐€๐ƒ ๐‹๐ˆ๐๐Š๐’

Nickโ€™s Lab: #nicks-lab
Promotion Application
Wattpad Writer Resources
Requirements for Paid Stories
How to Wield a Personal Brand
The Big Thread on How To Get Reads
Genre/Sub-Genre Profile List
Writers XL Podcast Episodes

:star: :star: :star:

PLEASE READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

- Be kind and respectful to everyone
- Be mindful of different experience levels
- If you solicit feedback, please be open-minded
- If someone asks to be excused from a conversation, stop replying immediately

I will flag without warning if conversations become hostile and unwelcoming.

TAG LIST
(You will need to re-add yourself as I am only tagging people who have expressed interest recently or were active in the threads recently)

@LittleMinx94 @sarakbeeksma @FantasybkLover @dreams_i_have @SurferJulz @houseofmirrors @astrophile @calmwolf @bluespringlife @ProjectPr1de @DarlaCassic @floranocturna @darvruni @Prisim @Olivaughn @Angelic_Vamp @Lightning_Stryker @Nablai @DaisyDoesNothing @JJJ000YYY @Spider-Hawk @ReyenaScarr @CaperCat @PLLgirl_27 @nilzane
@sky_is_limit @eliyeda @witchoria @MaskedParkers @KR_Williams @Azanthiel @nilzane @writeyourname97 @AnnieRosebud @Belle_Dowson @clizbethh @flyxity @lst-my-shp-sil @JohnnyTuturro

20 Likes

ACHIEVEMENTS
Please only add achievements from November 23, 2019 onward. Thank you!

Were you recently featured or added to a ambassador-run profile reading list? Did you win a contest? Were you invited to Paid, Stars, or some other opportunity?

Did you meet a read count or follower count goal? Did you complete a story? Did you reach some other writing-oriented personal goal?

๐€๐๐ ๐๐š๐ญ๐ž, ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž๐ซ๐ง๐š๐ฆ๐ž, ๐š๐ง๐ ๐š๐œ๐ก๐ข๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž!
  1. Nov 24 - @LailaLiliana - Hit 4K followers!
  2. Nov. 25 - @lst-my-shp-sil - Gained 100 total votes!
  3. Nov. 23 - @Olivaughn - Hit 100K reads!
  4. Nov. 25 - @Olivaughn - Hit 1K followers!
  5. Nov. 25 - @yvesdot - INAI received Silver Honorable Mention in the Writers of the Future contest, reaching the top 50 out of thousands of entries!
  6. Dec.1 - @MochaVonBee - Winner in #HalloweenVault2 with @Magic prompt - Realms
  7. Dec 1 - @sarakbeeksma - Accepted into Wattpairs program as Mentee to AMLKoski
  8. Dec 1- @MaskedParkers - Cat Scratch Fever added to Superheroโ€™s December featured reading list
  9. Dec 2 - @KR_Williams invited to Wattpad Stars
13 Likes

Protostars Networking Database

Who are the Protostars and what are their specialties?

@yvesdot - speculative fiction; LGBT ownvoices work. Seeking vampiric master to ultimately turn me into one of the undead. One book self-published: Somethingโ€™s Not Right, 2018. ACAB.

@KR_Williams - Dark Fantasy author, LGBTQ and Non-Binary Own Voices, 1st Person POV Present Style. Premium Author, Patreon person.

@SurferJulz Paranormal/ fantasy, romance, but not always, striving to add more diversity, and always inclusive of a bit of paranormal or fantastical elements.

@Nablai Short story writer, poet., one who loves writing with a dash of romance, adventure and fantasy.

@calmwolf ~ werewolf/adventure/fantasy writer, who tends to make things darker then intended. Whileโ€“at the momentโ€“primarily in those genres, is ready to genre hop and dabble in other worlds. Tends to write in first person. :calmwolf:

@MaskedParkers: Horror and Mystery author, but writes the occasional lighthearted comedy. Diverse and historical settings. Anti-hero and villain protagonists. Third Person Past Tense. New Adult and Young Adult audiences.

@houseofmirrors - A New Adult Romance author that showcases MCs embracing who they are and rising above the things that have happened to them. Writes in third person, past tense.

@LittleMinx94 Writes Contemporary Dark Romantic Thrillers/Mysteries with forbidden twists. Usually has Mature topics such as abuse/sex/drug addiction/violence but still somehow always reaches that seemingly impossible to reach HEA. She collects readers tears as prizes.

@TheTrueTerrydactyl The enigmatic shadow in the corner who constantly complains about college and eats a little too much ramen

@sarakbeeksma Writes Speculative Fiction, mainly YA or NA Sci-Fi/Low Fantasy dealing with the deeper topics of life. Heavy doses of snark and sarcasm, with emphasis on neurodivergent characters. The resident pure innoent soul who got dragged into this.

@lst-my-shp-sil writes fantasy novels and realistic fiction short stories. Her most vulnerable state appears to be when surrounded by an abundance of Trail Mix bars and ramen. She takes doses of sarcasm regularly and is often extremely energetic. Note: when @lst-my-shp-sil is spoken to in this scenario, she can be obscure and very giddy, therefore using a myriad of emojis (her personal record is fifty in a row). Please refer to her as Chloe.

@Olivaughn An honorary Protostar (thanks to @LailaLiliana), sheโ€™s always around. Writes mainly Contemporary YA with LGBTIQA+ subplots, but also knows a fair amount about speculative fiction from her days before she had friends aka hit puberty. Sheโ€™ll take Olivia or any nicknames you can think of!

16 Likes

Potential discussion topics!

Do you have a Goodreads (link us!)? Always a good way to start a long talk. Tell us about the way you shelve books, which youโ€™ve reviewed highly or poorly, and what you seem to read the most of. Whatโ€™s the last book you shelved? What was the first one? Do you follow any authors, and which, and why?

Whatโ€™s the last thing you read that changed how you thought about reading/writing? Have you ever written anything that could do that for others?

Do you have a distinct voice in your writing? Whatโ€™s it like? Are there any tropes that pop up between your works? Do you find any repeating patterns? What differentiates your works from each other, and from the rest of the world?

I considered asking opinions on pineapple on pizza, but itโ€™s good and thatโ€™s it.

Are you currently seeking/offering critique? Let us know! Is there any problem you often face in your writing? Is there any problem you never face, but have seen others struggle with? What part other than the main work of novel writing are you good atโ€“editing, outlining, covers, art, advertising, blurb/summary writingโ€ฆ?

And in the interest of yves.'s nostalgia, please tell us about your favorite American Girl Doll. If you didnโ€™t care about them, please let us know what other things you loved as a child. Did any of them affect your writing/reading journey? Do you ever go back to your childhood loves (human or otherwise)?

(current prompts from @yvesdot, but others are welcome to add! And feel free to pick one or all or none to respond to. Whatever lights your fancy.)

3 Likes

Iโ€™m so excited, itโ€™s back! Thank you @LailaLiliana for making a new one. :heart:

13 Likes

Yes! Weโ€™re back!

11 Likes

@darvruni @SurferJulz We. Are. Back! Also, thinking about a name change if you guys have any suggestions.

10 Likes

Yass!!! :two_hearts:Thanks for this, @LailaLiliana!

2 Likes

Hello :calmwolf:

For the first time Iโ€™m early

awesome

2 Likes

Oh.

What?

โ€œStar-ting Now!โ€

1 Like

i didnt expect another protostars

Why wouldnโ€™t there be another one?

Oh wait I just realized the last one ended 2 weeks ago lmao

yeah

I will continue to suggest cringy pun titles and you canโ€™t stop me.

Iโ€™m just getting started now.

:lumi:

7 Likes

I feel accomplished for being on the taglist automatically :sunglasses::sunglasses:

2 Likes