Wattpad Protostars 5.0

Wattpad Protostars

star

The Wattpad Protostars is a group for any writer, regardless of experience level or status, to meet and bond with people who have similar goals of learning, improving their writing, and shooting for the stars (pun intended.)

This is a space to talk about what youโ€™re working on, get advice and support, and share your goals and achievements. We bond over the good days, the bad days, and everything in between. We laugh together, cry together, and build each other back up after mental breakdowns, all in hopes of being a Star one day. Itโ€™s STELLAR.

We now have a Protostar writing Discord server! CLICK HERE to check it out!

:star: :star: :star:

๐–๐‡๐€๐“โ€™๐’ ๐€ ๐๐‘๐Ž๐“๐Ž๐’๐“๐€๐‘?

First, there was the Big Bang (or God created everything, or insert another beginning to the universe hereโ€ฆ thatโ€™s really not the point of this thread). Planets formed, stars showed upโ€ฆ it was a whole thing. Anyway, before a star could form into the shining star we see today, it had to first endure as a protostar.

Inkedp3DVm7f3SFCbyCAZEie3_Life%20Cycle%20of%20Small%20%26%20Medium%20Mass%20Stars_LI

A Protostarโ€™s goal is to be a bright, beautiful star. They strive for it, theyโ€™re dedicated to it, and they will accept nothing less than stardom.

So how do they do this? They work hard every day, gathering mass from their parent molecular cloud (I donโ€™t know what that is in this analogy. Knowledge from Wattpad and other writers? Motivation from our readers? Inspiration from other stars? Iโ€™ll let your imagination run wild with that one.)

They keep writing, editing, improving, critiquing, learning, and more. They do everything they can do to become the Stars they deserve to be.

๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐’ ๐ˆ๐๐…๐Ž๐‘๐Œ๐€๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐๐€๐‹ ๐‹๐ˆ๐๐Š๐’

About Stars
Stars Profile
Stars Directory
Protostars Thread 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, & 4.0
Wattpad Editorial Lead AMA Doc
Wattpad Editorial Lead Thread
Wattpad Stars AMA Doc

(AMAs documented by the lovely @FireAlwaysReturns and @calmwolf)

๐–๐‘๐ˆ๐“๐ˆ๐๐† & ๐–๐€๐“๐“๐๐€๐ƒ ๐‹๐ˆ๐๐Š๐’

Nickโ€™s Lab: #nicks-lab
Promotion Application
Wattpad Writer Resources
Requirements for Paid Stories
How to Wield a Personal Brand
The Big Thread on How To Get Reads
Genre/Sub-Genre Profile List
Writers XL Podcast Episodes

:star: :star: :star:

PLEASE READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

- Be kind and respectful to everyone
- Be mindful of different experience levels
- If you solicit feedback, please be open-minded
- If someone asks to be excused from a conversation, stop replying immediately

I will flag without warning if conversations become hostile and unwelcoming.

PSA

To my frequent posters and lurkers,

Iโ€™m thrilled that youโ€™ve found this thread helpful and have kept up on it. But remember, not only are you expected to be kind and respectful if you participate, youโ€™re also expected to be kind and respectful outside of the thread as well (other threads, discord servers , etc.)

I understand venting to your friends and I understand that not everyone will mesh with everyone. But talking bad about people to a whole thread or an entire writing server says more about you than it does about the other person. And people talk, so youโ€™ll quickly gain a reputation - in a welcoming community - that other people want no part of.

If you find yourself uncomfortable by this post, maybe itโ€™s time to evaluate how youโ€™ve treated fellow writers in 2019 and do better in the new year.

Thatโ€™s all. Happy New Year, Protostars.

23 Likes

TAG LIST
(You will need to re-add yourself as I am only tagging people who have expressed interest recently or were active in the threads recently and please keep it alphabetical)

@AnnieRosebud @Angelic_Vamp @Azanthiel @Belle_Dowson @billytypes @bluespringlife @calmwolf @clizbethh @DaisyDoesNothing @DarlaCassic @darvruni @dreams_i_have @DumDumPops4 @eliyeda @EveryNextDream @FantasybkLover @fennawinters @floranocturna @flyxity @houseofmirrors @indigosa @JJJ000YYY @JohnnyTuturro @KR_Williams @Lightning_Stryker @LittleMinx94 @loiseaublanc @LRamirezN @lst-my-shp-sil @MaskedParkers @Nablai @nilzane @NymTonks1 @Olivaughn @PLLgirl_27 @Prisim @ProjectPr1de @prosenpoetry @ReyenaScarr @rosebrown1k @sarakbeeksma @sky_is_limit @Spider-Hawk @SurferJulz @Van_Carley @witchoria @writeyourname97 @_itz_shifana

34 Likes

ACHIEVEMENTS
Please only add achievements from January 1, 2020 onward. Thank you!

Were you recently featured or added to a ambassador-run profile reading list? Did you win a contest? Were you invited to Paid, Stars, or some other opportunity?

Did you meet a read count or follower count goal? Did you complete a story? Did you reach some other writing-oriented personal goal?

๐€๐๐ ๐๐š๐ญ๐ž, ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ž๐ซ๐ง๐š๐ฆ๐ž, ๐š๐ง๐ ๐š๐œ๐ก๐ข๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž!
  1. January 04, 2020, @houseofmirrors, Siren was added to the Romance Profile and ChickLit Profiles โ€œFeatured Storiesโ€ Reading List

2. January 6, 2020, @LailaLilianaโ€™s first book reached 1 million reads! :partying_face:

3. 3rd January 2020, @loiseaublancโ€™s first book, Heart to Hart, was added to the New Adult Profileโ€™s โ€œThereโ€™s Only One Bed / Romanceโ€ reading list.

4. 8th January 2020, @Nablai, The Ambassadors shared my poetry collection โ€˜Infinityโ€™ and my ongoing story โ€˜From Me To Youโ€™ on Twitter :slight_smile:

5. 9th January 2020, @SurferJulz hit the first 1k on The Flames that Engulfed Us

6. 9th January 2020, @Nablai, The @Ooorah surprised me by naming a series of sub-genre related articles after meโ€“Nablaiโ€™s Nebula!

7. 11th January 2020, @SurferJulz was a finalist in a fantasy contest and got added to the finalist reading list on their page.

8. 20th January 2020, @prosenpoetry 's poem, โ€œLook Back At Itโ€ (from Deja Vu), is placed third in the Poetry Dream Awards 2019 in the Love/Heartbreak category.

9. 20th January 2020, @Nablai 's short story collection โ€œRead Write Repeatโ€ is ranked #1 in the #aimtoengage tag.

10. 23rd January 2020, @sarakbeeksmaโ€™s beek Game Boy added to Wattpad Explorer Hidden Gemโ€™s reading list and featured on the home page. Also new milestone of 14 unique readers in a day!

21 Likes

Protostars Networking Database

Who are the Protostars and what are their specialties?

@yvesdot - speculative fiction; LGBT ownvoices work. Seeking vampiric master to ultimately turn me into one of the undead. One book self-published: Somethingโ€™s Not Right, 2018. ACAB.

@KR_Williams - Dark Fantasy author, LGBTQ and Non-Binary Own Voices, 1st Person POV Present Style. Premium Author, Patreon person.

@SurferJulz Paranormal/ fantasy, romance, striving to add more diversity, and always inclusive of a bit of paranormal or fantastical elements.

@Nablai Short story writer, poet., one who loves writing with a dash of romance, adventure and fantasy.

@calmwolf ~ werewolf/adventure/fantasy writer, who tends to make things darker then intended. Whileโ€“at the momentโ€“primarily in those genres, is ready to genre hop and dabble in other worlds. Tends to write in first person. :calmwolf:

@MaskedParkers: Horror and Mystery author, but writes the occasional lighthearted comedy. Diverse and historical settings. Anti-hero and villain protagonists. Third Person Past Tense. New Adult and Young Adult audiences.

@houseofmirrors - A New Adult Romance author, capturing the lives of female leads who overcome the pasts that previously defined them, discovering hope and love along the way. Writes in third person, past tense.

@LittleMinx94 Writes Contemporary Dark Romantic Thrillers/Mysteries with forbidden twists. Usually has Mature topics such as abuse/sex/drug addiction/violence but still somehow always reaches that seemingly impossible to reach HEA. She collects readers tears as prizes.

@TheTrueTerrydactyl The enigmatic shadow in the corner who constantly complains about college and eats a little too much ramen

@sarakbeeksma Writes Speculative Fiction, mainly YA or NA Sci-Fi/Low Fantasy dealing with the deeper topics of life. Heavy doses of snark and sarcasm, with emphasis on neurodivergent characters. The resident pure innoent soul who got dragged into this.

@lst-my-shp-sil writes fantasy novels and realistic fiction short stories. Her most vulnerable state appears to be when surrounded by an abundance of Trail Mix bars and ramen. She takes doses of sarcasm regularly and is often extremely energetic. Note: when @lst-my-shp-sil is spoken to in this scenario, she can be obscure and very giddy, therefore using a myriad of emojis (her personal record is fifty in a row). Please refer to her as Chloe.

@Olivaughn An honorary Protostar (thanks to @LailaLiliana), sheโ€™s always around. Writes mainly Contemporary YA with LGBTIQA+ subplots, but also knows a fair amount about speculative fiction from her days before she had friends aka hit puberty. Sheโ€™ll take Olivia or any nicknames you can think of!

@clizbethh writes speculative fiction without romance. Champion lurker but always happy to chat!

@EveryNextDream Iโ€™m Tanya, a small explosion of caffeine and enthusiasm. I write dark and introspective fiction, leaning heavily towards sci-fi and neo-noir at the moment, with beaucoup de LGBTQ+. I also make excellent cookies.

@prosenpoetry Iโ€™m Lea, and I mainly write poetry, so shout out to any poets out here! As for prose, I write Fanfiction and Romance Comedy (with a hint of Chick Lit) novellas and โ€“ one day novels.

20 Likes

Goals for the New Year!

Itโ€™s New Yearโ€™s Day, kids! What are your New Yearโ€™s Resolutions/Goals for 2020 when it comes to writing? List them here and this post will follow us through all Protostars threads made in 2020. Hopefully you can cross some off of the list by this time next year!

Protostar Resolutions
  1. Be somewhat of a more optimistic person in terms of writing and just life - @Spruce_Goose

2. @SurferJulz finish WIP, work on series. Plot every book written from now on. Write a full novella for ONC. Make a back log and live a happy, healthy lifestyle. Minimize stress.

3. @LailaLiliana - Hit 1M reads on my first book. Finish my 3rd and final in my trilogy. Get featured. Become a star. Enter ONC. Make the long list for ONC.

4. @fennawinters - Have a featured book, become a Wattpad Star and to finish at least 12 books this year.

5. @billytypes - be accepted onto the fanfic reading list. Complete the first draft of BEWITCHED. Edit the first draft of BEWITCHED. Make the shortlist for ONC. Write 420,000 words (minimum)

6. @sarakbeeksma - Complete draft of Quest: Accepted, Draft for ONC, Revise LoT and O2, Live Healthy Spiritually and Physically, Overcome fear.

7. @clizbethh โ€“ complete An Experiment in Escape, make significant progress building a world for a fantasy series, start An Experiment in Rescue

8. @EveryNextDream - complete my current WIP (book one of a cyberpunk/neo-noir trilogy, title TBD) and post it on Wattpad before the end of Q2.

9. @prosenpoetry - Start and finish Checkmate (spin-off short story to Buttercup) and Memories (sequel to Buttercup), finish Deja Vu (poetry book) and start new poetry book, become a Wattpad Star, one of my books become Paid Stories, write a novella for ONC, and better time management.

10. @MaskedParkers rewrite Demon of the Night. Write a novella for ONC. Win a Watty, become a Star, and manage time better.

11. @houseofmirrors Finish Siren and edit it for the Wattyโ€™s. Write Desert Song. Enter ONC. Manage my time better and do something writing related each day.

12. @Spider-Hawk complete first and second draft of Championโ€™s Cadenza. Completely edit Revival. Get halfway through first draft of Sanctity during/by NaNo. Restart on New Darkness.

[redacted]

1. @JJJ000YYY - spoil @astrophile lots~ cx

2. @loiseaublanc - Completely edit Heart to Hart and have it Watty ready. Start on second book and have most of the story done by the summer. Get featured on Wattpadโ€™s Romance Profile.

3. @JohnnyTuturro - Finish something. Even if it almost kills me.

21 Likes

YAYYYYY, YOUโ€™RE BACK! THE THREAD IS BACK!

7 Likes

Iโ€™m here! :heart:

4 Likes

Hello!

3 Likes

hi!

2 Likes

meanders in

3 Likes

@yvesdot I donโ€™t see you on the tag list :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Goose

6 Likes

You did it!

2 Likes

I never disappoint (Well, I do some times)

2 Likes

2 Likes

:joy:

You donโ€™t disappoint, even if I am bitter.

1 Like

I can disappoint, I do so regularly :joy:

2 Likes

Awww, no. We love our Goose :heart:

2 Likes

can the tag list be alphabetical?

sorry this is bothering me :joy:

2 Likes